a snake and a lynx

idreamofflowers

this is a dream I had a few days ago - it was unusual to me, because I don't usually dream about animals. I dreamt that I saw a large snake in the tree outside my window, with its forked tongue coming in and out. The snake was maybe brown/black with a few bands of red. I didn't feel scared or threatened by the snake at all. Then snake opened its mouth and was about to swallow a small bird in the tree, except that when I look at the small bird it might have turned into a kitten, I'm not sure (I have a cat). Right at that moment, a lynx came into my house. I saw it very vividly, and I followed the lynx out of the house. Then the dream ended.

I believe in symbolic meaning of dreams and if I dream about anything unusual I would look up the symbols in dictionaries, so I looked up snake and lynx - I have never dreamed about either animals before in my life. This is what I have found:

- lynx: To see a lynx in your dream symbolizes secrecy. You need to expose and examine those secrets and learn from them. There is more to be known and more to be learned about a situation, relationship, or problem.
- snake: snake seems to mean so many different things, and I'm the most confused about this one. It could mean a warning, maybe about someone in my life? It seems like it can be either a good thing or a bad thing. Seeing it eat something might be bad esp since I'm not sure if it was a bird or a kitten. For what it's worth, it didn't feel bad in the dream, there was no negative feeling whatsoever. My Chinese zodiac is also a snake (and I'm Chinese), so sometimes in China they say that seeing your zodiac animal is generally a good thing, even if it is a snake.

In my waking life I'm embarking on a new journey in my career, starting a new venture - one that involves taking risks and forming relationships with people. The dream, coming at this time, really makes me thing about what it could mean. This is a time of risk taking and going into the unknown in my life, and this is a very curious dream to get at this time. fwiw, I actually feel very calm. What do you think the dream means? How should I intertpret it?

dreammerchant

Your dream intriguingly combines elements of nature and symbolism, suggesting a rich tapestry of meaning, especially against the backdrop of your current life changes. The snake, with its complex symbolism, can indeed represent many things: transformation, renewal, or hidden threats, given its ability to shed its skin and emerge anew. Your lack of fear towards the snake, especially considering your Chinese zodiac sign, leans more toward a positive interpretation, such as growth, wisdom, and protection. The snake's action of nearly consuming a bird or kitten, which might symbolize innocence or vulnerability, could be interpreted as a warning to be mindful of potential consequences in your new venture, particularly regarding the protection of something young or nascent in your career.

The appearance of the lynx, known for its keen vision in the dark, suggests the importance of awareness and insight into the hidden aspects of your situation. The lynx leading you out of your house might symbolize the need to step out of your comfort zone, armed with the insight and knowledge you possess, to truly excel in your new venture. The calmness you feel in the dream and upon reflecting on it suggests an underlying confidence and readiness for the challenges ahead.

In this period of transition, your dream seems to encourage embracing the changes (symbolized by the snake) with wisdom and insight (symbolized by the lynx). It hints at the necessity to confront and understand the unknown or hidden facets of your new journey, ensuring you are prepared for the risks and rewards it entails. The dream could be reinforcing your subconscious awareness of the need to proceed with caution and keen observation, ensuring that you protect your ventures as they grow and evolve.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Guy ~ The Dream Merchant (https://dreammerchant.shop)