shqilei
New member
I recently came across an interesting dream in a Chinese dream group (shared with permission, anonymous). I'd like to share it here for discussion.
**The dream as described by the dreamer:**
I dreamed that I saw a girl on a rooftop. She was throwing large objects off the roof — things like iron sheets. After she finished throwing them, she stood on the edge. I shouted, trying to stop her. But in the end, she jumped off the roof.
**The dreamer's own interpretation:**
He mentioned that it might be about "sexual repression."
**My initial thoughts (as someone who interprets dreams from a psychological perspective):**
While sexual repression could be one angle, what stands out to me more in this dream is **the dreamer's position — he is a witness, not the one jumping**. He is shouting, trying to stop her, but he fails. The core emotion here isn't desire or frustration. It feels more like **helplessness**.
A few possible directions:
1. **Fear for someone close** — The girl on the roof might represent someone the dreamer cares about in waking life — a friend, a family member, or someone he feels responsible for. The dream captures the anxiety of "wanting to help but not being able to."
2. **A part of himself** — In dream language, every character can also be a projection of the self. The girl could represent a part of the dreamer that feels "done," "tired," or "at the edge." Shouting to stop her is his conscious mind trying to hold on.
3. **The iron sheets before the jump** — Throwing large objects off the roof might symbolize getting rid of burdens, clearing space, or a final act of letting go before the ultimate decision.
**What I find most striking:**
The dreamer is **actively trying to intervene**. He is not passive. But he still fails. That specific feeling — "I tried my best, but it still happened" — is often closer to real-life experiences of watching someone struggle (with depression, addiction, or life pressure) than abstract theories about repression.
**Open questions for the forum:**
- What do you think the "large iron sheets" represent?
- Could the girl be the dreamer himself?
- Have you ever had a dream where you tried to stop something terrible but couldn't?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
(For context: I offer paid dream interpretation services, but this post is purely for discussion.)
**The dream as described by the dreamer:**
I dreamed that I saw a girl on a rooftop. She was throwing large objects off the roof — things like iron sheets. After she finished throwing them, she stood on the edge. I shouted, trying to stop her. But in the end, she jumped off the roof.
**The dreamer's own interpretation:**
He mentioned that it might be about "sexual repression."
**My initial thoughts (as someone who interprets dreams from a psychological perspective):**
While sexual repression could be one angle, what stands out to me more in this dream is **the dreamer's position — he is a witness, not the one jumping**. He is shouting, trying to stop her, but he fails. The core emotion here isn't desire or frustration. It feels more like **helplessness**.
A few possible directions:
1. **Fear for someone close** — The girl on the roof might represent someone the dreamer cares about in waking life — a friend, a family member, or someone he feels responsible for. The dream captures the anxiety of "wanting to help but not being able to."
2. **A part of himself** — In dream language, every character can also be a projection of the self. The girl could represent a part of the dreamer that feels "done," "tired," or "at the edge." Shouting to stop her is his conscious mind trying to hold on.
3. **The iron sheets before the jump** — Throwing large objects off the roof might symbolize getting rid of burdens, clearing space, or a final act of letting go before the ultimate decision.
**What I find most striking:**
The dreamer is **actively trying to intervene**. He is not passive. But he still fails. That specific feeling — "I tried my best, but it still happened" — is often closer to real-life experiences of watching someone struggle (with depression, addiction, or life pressure) than abstract theories about repression.
**Open questions for the forum:**
- What do you think the "large iron sheets" represent?
- Could the girl be the dreamer himself?
- Have you ever had a dream where you tried to stop something terrible but couldn't?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
(For context: I offer paid dream interpretation services, but this post is purely for discussion.)