Dreamed Cousin Died After They Had

gibbsy09

My younger cousin died tragically years ago, we shared the same name different spelling, our mum's were twin sisters, on the weekend it happened I went to bed on the Sunday night, and had a weird dream, someone had died and was in a coffin, our shared names were repeated over and over by family members, however dreams are fuzzy and disjointed, the common theme was the name.

I woke in the morning for work my house was really warm I left the heating on all night, I felt strange when I woke but couldn't explain it but something was off, there was a really strong smell of turpentine in my house, I wasn't decorating at the time, me being my curious and morbid self found out later that embalming fluid can smell like turpentine.

On autopilot I left for work, that was usual I started at six in the morning lol, I arrived at work, and my co worker was shouting across at me, I couldn't make them out at first, then I heard, your aunty's sons died, I also worked with my aunty at the time, in shock I left to go home, I started the car, and in a flash the whole dream came flooding back to me I broke into tears.

It's been years now since my cousin died, but I won't forget the dream or the events, he was my younger cousin and we weren't very close, however it was tragic for my aunty and the whole family, I think I just want to make sense of it if possible.

In your dream, the repetition of your shared name symbolizes the deep connection and bond you shared with your cousin, despite not being very close. The warm house and the smell of turpentine, which you later associated with embalming fluid, represent your subconscious processing of grief and the finality of death. Your cousin's presence in the dream, although indirect, might be a sign of his enduring influence and memory in your life. The dream and the subsequent events serve as a bridge, linking the past and the present, reminding you of the shared familial bonds that continue beyond physical presence. It's a way for you to subconsciously acknowledge the loss, process the grief, and perhaps find a sense of closure. This dream could be seen as a poignant reminder of your cousin's impact on your life and a nudge towards cherishing and maintaining the familial connections you have.