Keys

Houguy1

I dreamed last night that I was with my dad in a car I used to own and he was driving. The car was in the shop and we just picked it up. I should mention that my dad has been deceased for almost 8 years. I noticed the trunk key missing and looked for it after I asked dad to pull over. I found it on the floor of the back seat. I opened the trunk and found more keys presumably copies of the keys to the car. The ignition key looked a bit bent. Then I woke up.

I’ve had several dreams about my dad before and after he died but I’ve never had a dream with keys as main symbol. I’ve dreamed about cars before, this is the second dream about a car I’ve owned the 1st one was many years ago. Can someone try to decipher this one?

What was your relationship with your father like?

Key
To see a key in your dream symbolizes opportunities, access, control, secrets, freedom, knowledge or responsibilities.
You may be locking away your own inner feelings and emotions.
Or you are unlocking the answer to some problem.
To see a ring of keys represents status, authority, and power.
It also highlights your adaptability to a situation.
In particular, if you see a skeleton key, then it refers to old emotions or memories that you have stored or locked away.
If the key is gold, then it suggests that influence, power and wealth will give you access to almost anything you want.
Alternatively, keys have sexual connotations.
They can represent intercourse, impotence, infidelity, etc. depending on the condition and usage of the key.
To dream that you lose your keys signify fears of losing control of yourself or losing your position or status in life.
It may also indicate unexpected changes, frustrations, and unpleasant adventures.
The dream could be analogous to lost or missed opportunities.
If you give your key away, then it suggests that you have given up control of some situation or responsibility.
To dream that you find a key indicates that you have found a solution to a problem.
To see broken keys in your dream represent a lost in status.
You are denied access to a place where you were previously allowed.
If the key is rusty, then it symbolizes a talent or skill that you have neglected.
To hear the sound of keys rattling in your dream indicate that you have the right attitude toward life.
You are heading in the right direction and asking all the right questions in the process.
It is also a sign of decisive action.

That meaning is taken from the Dream Mood website.