Out of the Blue

Lo_Zephyr_

In real life, I am 26yrs old and I manage a digital printing press the size of a 2 story house as the Senior Operator on 2nd Shift (2:30pm to 11pm), with a simple crew of 3 other people. For their sake, we can refer to my backup operator as R, my buddy feeding the machine at the back as B, and my forklift operator that delivers our sheets to our machine as J. We have been having some easy days at work lately for the past 2 months, with the rising costs of corrugate and slow sales, we have been on normal scheduling and some days spend the last few hours doing slow-paced cleaning. Now that the details are set, let me tell you this crazy dream.

I fell asleep at about 4:45am in bed, after a quiet night of watching RC car videos on YouTube. The dream is vague for me at the beginning, but formed into the warehouse I work at. It was calm and quiet, some machines had completely shutdown, and since my machine is at the back of the building, it was quietest by us. I was walking around the machine inspecting it, looking for spots of dust, areas that need grease, etc. This is one of my favorite things to do at the end of the shift, but I was doing it at about 8:30pm, my shift doesn't end until 11. B is cleaning primer off of the primer section walls, I compliment his progress and continue my walk. He's a fantastic worker, does as he's told and is surprisingly friendly despite his off-puttinf tattoos. He's a father to a son he rarely sees, since his divorce, but hopes to improve his work ethic to a point where he can become like me, and prove he is a Dad his son can look up to, operating a large machine. As I pass the Operator's control panel, I stop and pull out the machine maintenance log from the cabinet on the side. I open it and the last few pages read, "all clear." Several dozen pages say this, I realize as I flip through the previous days log entries. So on this day's entry (it said Friday, but irl it was Saturday) I wrote "All is Quiet." Smiling at the simplicity of a different entry.

I begin reorganizing the messy Operator's desk, as to prepare it for the day shift, and my backup, R, comes around from the front of the machine holding some snacks. She is an older woman irl, a grandmother who shares her trait of looking out for her family with everyone at work. "One for each of us" she says sweetly. I pick a candy and thank her, she then comments "it's so quiet. I have never heard it this quiet before." I replied that the silence is good, a relief compared to those busy nights we had worked during Black Friday the previous year. She goes over to B to give him candy and then J walks around from the front of the machine, this was strange of him because as our driver, he typically parks his forklift at the back of the machine then dismounts.

He's an older fellow, in his 50's, and is an avid adventurer with his Harley. So in his brash yet humorous tone, he says " I'm so damn bored, nothing is running!" I laugh and he chuckles with me. Then he tells me how he saw R down in the breakroom picking out snacks for everybody. He then continues, the news isn't working, talking ofcourse about the TV in the breakroom that is always tuned in to the news station. I said I will fix it for him at 9, referring to our next break. He worryingly said, " no, their chairs are empty, no one is there."

Confused, I held this information as important, as it was unusual and strange. "Now what are you up to?" He says, turning the attention to B still cleaning the machine.
Then suddenly the power went out.

"Oh!" R said loudly. J helps B up, the faint glow of the twilight sky helped light the building from outside and through the sky lights. Me J and B walked over to the large shipping door used for the yard dog to park indoors during winters (a yard dog is a truck used for moving shipping trailers like a semi). The door is open during the summer to help let in cooler outside air into the hot warehouse. We walked outside while R went to the breakroom to meet everyone else. As us 3 men were outside, B lit a cigarette and J sat on a pallet, his radio then requested everyone to go to the breakroom. He then got up and walked into the dark plant, leaving me and B outside.

We stared at the sky and moon, such a beautiful cool night, dark blue and filled with a lovely array of whispy clouds on the horizon, still slightly cyan from the setting sun. Power was out for the entire area, the other factories and the hospital had no lights, only the faint sound of a lone cricket was heard. "There's......no cars...." B said trailing off in worry, as typically the street is constantly full of traffic being so close to the city. Then he says, " UMMM, WHAT IS THAT?!?!" He points to the horizon where the sun was earlier, but all I saw was the dark blue sky and clouds. Then suddenly I heard it. The low growl of something in the sky, flying. Suddenly, 8 bright yellow dots appeared, we watched for a few seconds, I was so fixed on the dots, I thought I was seeing a ufo.

The yellow dots then came closer and closer, splitting off into hundreds of lines, with one yellow dot only growing brighter for us. Gunfire. These were fighter jets. Two sets of lines rapidly dessimated the hospital, another set by the city. Snapping sounds of bullets began slapping the ground 100's of feet in front of us, my heart started beating rapidly as it sunk into my chest. "OH ****" B yelled, running towards the warehouse. As I turned to run behind him the line passed over me, my whole body felt as if it was punched 20 times in a millisecond, and I collapsed without feeling, to the asphalt. Numbness, I felt the warm blood around me, I couldn't move, I could only hear the engines of the jets roar past overhead, as I entered a state of heavy agonal breathing. Exhausting my last breath...I woke up.

Rapidly sitting up in bed, I was in a full huff, breathing hard and in a cold sweat. I got up and got myself a glass of water, then turned on my radio in my kitchen, and sat for a minute, taking in what I dreamed. I looked at the clock, it was 7:13am. I retreated to my bed and watched some funny dog videos, trying to erase that dream. I slept better after that, it is always better to have a dream you don't remember. I truly do not understand why such a peaceful dream went as south as that one did. It really was, literally and mentally, out of the blue.

Last edited:
Hello Zephyr.
You say at the end, that the dream is "out of the blue".
Have you have any dream like this one before?
Apart from work, is your daily routine the same?
Where you work, is it near a military/army base?
Perhaps you need to be prepared for, or be ready for, an "attack".
The attack may not be a literal physical attack, but rather, a "spiritual" attack.
That is the impression that i get from the last two paragraphs before you wake.
Do you have any "religious" beliefs?

Lo_Zephyr_

Hello Zephyr.
You say at the end, that the dream is "out of the blue".
Have you have any dream like this one before?
Apart from work, is your daily routine the same?
Where you work, is it near a military/army base?
Perhaps you need to be prepared for, or be ready for, an "attack".
The attack may not be a literal physical attack, but rather, a "spiritual" attack.
That is the impression that i get from the last two paragraphs before you wake.
Do you have any "religious" beliefs?
Hello! No, I've never had anything like this. I say it was out of the blue because I have no relation nor live near any type of military base. Work routine was so on point to the dream it really terrified me when it turned on me like that. I believe you're right though, for whatever reason my dream decided to turn towards a fight or flight response and apparently punished me for my hesitation. I believe that might have been the lesson, despite it being peaceful scenario, something was telling me to be on guard despite this and slowly built up to a final test. I have had dreams before of dying, but never from an air attack, truly strange and terrifying.

In real life, I am 26yrs old and I manage a digital printing press the size of a 2 story house as the Senior Operator on 2nd Shift (2:30pm to 11pm), with a simple crew of 3 other people. For their sake, we can refer to my backup operator as R, my buddy feeding the machine at the back as B, and my forklift operator that delivers our sheets to our machine as J. We have been having some easy days at work lately for the past 2 months, with the rising costs of corrugate and slow sales, we have been on normal scheduling and some days spend the last few hours doing slow-paced cleaning. Now that the details are set, let me tell you this crazy dream.

I fell asleep at about 4:45am in bed, after a quiet night of watching RC car videos on YouTube. The dream is vague for me at the beginning, but formed into the warehouse I work at. It was calm and quiet, some machines had completely shutdown, and since my machine is at the back of the building, it was quietest by us. I was walking around the machine inspecting it, looking for spots of dust, areas that need grease, etc. This is one of my favorite things to do at the end of the shift, but I was doing it at about 8:30pm, my shift doesn't end until 11. B is cleaning primer off of the primer section walls, I compliment his progress and continue my walk. He's a fantastic worker, does as he's told and is surprisingly friendly despite his off-puttinf tattoos. He's a father to a son he rarely sees, since his divorce, but hopes to improve his work ethic to a point where he can become like me, and prove he is a Dad his son can look up to, operating a large machine. As I pass the Operator's control panel, I stop and pull out the machine maintenance log from the cabinet on the side. I open it and the last few pages read, "all clear." Several dozen pages say this, I realize as I flip through the previous days log entries. So on this day's entry (it said Friday, but irl it was Saturday) I wrote "All is Quiet." Smiling at the simplicity of a different entry.

I begin reorganizing the messy Operator's desk, as to prepare it for the day shift, and my backup, R, comes around from the front of the machine holding some snacks. She is an older woman irl, a grandmother who shares her trait of looking out for her family with everyone at work. "One for each of us" she says sweetly. I pick a candy and thank her, she then comments "it's so quiet. I have never heard it this quiet before." I replied that the silence is good, a relief compared to those busy nights we had worked during Black Friday the previous year. She goes over to B to give him candy and then J walks around from the front of the machine, this was strange of him because as our driver, he typically parks his forklift at the back of the machine then dismounts.

He's an older fellow, in his 50's, and is an avid adventurer with his Harley. So in his brash yet humorous tone, he says " I'm so damn bored, nothing is running!" I laugh and he chuckles with me. Then he tells me how he saw R down in the breakroom picking out snacks for everybody. He then continues, the news isn't working, talking ofcourse about the TV in the breakroom that is always tuned in to the news station. I said I will fix it for him at 9, referring to our next break. He worryingly said, " no, their chairs are empty, no one is there."

Confused, I held this information as important, as it was unusual and strange. "Now what are you up to?" He says, turning the attention to B still cleaning the machine.
Then suddenly the power went out.

"Oh!" R said loudly. J helps B up, the faint glow of the twilight sky helped light the building from outside and through the sky lights. Me J and B walked over to the large shipping door used for the yard dog to park indoors during winters (a yard dog is a truck used for moving shipping trailers like a semi). The door is open during the summer to help let in cooler outside air into the hot warehouse. We walked outside while R went to the breakroom to meet everyone else. As us 3 men were outside, B lit a cigarette and J sat on a pallet, his radio then requested everyone to go to the breakroom. He then got up and walked into the dark plant, leaving me and B outside.

We stared at the sky and moon, such a beautiful cool night, dark blue and filled with a lovely array of whispy clouds on the horizon, still slightly cyan from the setting sun. Power was out for the entire area, the other factories and the hospital had no lights, only the faint sound of a lone cricket was heard. "There's......no cars...." B said trailing off in worry, as typically the street is constantly full of traffic being so close to the city. Then he says, " UMMM, WHAT IS THAT?!?!" He points to the horizon where the sun was earlier, but all I saw was the dark blue sky and clouds. Then suddenly I heard it. The low growl of something in the sky, flying. Suddenly, 8 bright yellow dots appeared, we watched for a few seconds, I was so fixed on the dots, I thought I was seeing a ufo.

The yellow dots then came closer and closer, splitting off into hundreds of lines, with one yellow dot only growing brighter for us. Gunfire. These were fighter jets. Two sets of lines rapidly dessimated the hospital, another set by the city. Snapping sounds of bullets began slapping the ground 100's of feet in front of us, my heart started beating rapidly as it sunk into my chest. "OH ****" B yelled, running towards the warehouse. As I turned to run behind him the line passed over me, my whole body felt as if it was punched 20 times in a millisecond, and I collapsed without feeling, to the asphalt. Numbness, I felt the warm blood around me, I couldn't move, I could only hear the engines of the jets roar past overhead, as I entered a state of heavy agonal breathing. Exhausting my last breath...I woke up.

Rapidly sitting up in bed, I was in a full huff, breathing hard and in a cold sweat. I got up and got myself a glass of water, then turned on my radio in my kitchen, and sat for a minute, taking in what I dreamed. I looked at the clock, it was 7:13am. I retreated to my bed and watched some funny dog videos, trying to erase that dream. I slept better after that, it is always better to have a dream you don't remember. I truly do not understand why such a peaceful dream went as south as that one did. It really was, literally and mentally, out of the blue.
First, it is important to understand that a dream is ocurring on a different level of life than our normal daylife, and because of that the different impressions in the dream and in our remembrance of the dream, is giving language as we can use to understand our life and its situations from unexpected perspectives.
Your dream is so close to your everyday situations that it was nescesary to note this.
I would look closely on mr J, and why you did not follow the instruction coming through his radio as he did ? That might help you to be on a safe position when the world explodes . The presence of the moon is related to your personal feelings, this yellow dots is appearing from what has been, what you thought had passed, like everything appearing from the western sky. The attacks that is punching you is likely coming from thought level boosted by emotions, anger. If you do some good acceptance , and work of understanding on this dream you can avoid more gross happenings similar in your days. But do not be to proud to take guidance from your crew.
I stop there for now.
Kind Regards Arnfinnius

Lo_Zephyr_

First, it is important to understand that a dream is ocurring on a different level of life than our normal daylife, and because of that the different impressions in the dream and in our remembrance of the dream, is giving language as we can use to understand our life and its situations from unexpected perspectives.
Your dream is so close to your everyday situations that it was nescesary to note this.
I would look closely on mr J, and why you did not follow the instruction coming through his radio as he did ? That might help you to be on a safe position when the world explodes . The presence of the moon is related to your personal feelings, this yellow dots is appearing from what has been, what you thought had passed, like everything appearing from the western sky. The attacks that is punching you is likely coming from thought level boosted by emotions, anger. If you do some good acceptance , and work of understanding on this dream you can avoid more gross happenings similar in your days. But do not be to proud to take guidance from your crew.
I stop there for now.
Kind Regards Arnfinnius
Absolutely spot on. I am actually touched by how accurate this message is, I do seem to hold anger lately, mostly due to some stress and desire to feel better successfully outside of work. I believe you're right about the yellow dots, they ressemble the frustration of an otherwise avoidable outcome, probably went in tandem with avoiding the order to go to the breakroom with everyone else. It is this feeling of wanting to feel free from my worries that leads me into situations outside of my control. That is quite an awakening realization, I'm glad to have experienced it through only a dream and not real life. Perhaps now I could apply the lesson to my life and see if the changes open up positivity and resolve. Thank you!

a note to be freed of worries is detachment , you go , or the I go to rest, and you include all the various normally unwanted things in a athmosphere of acceptance. Not demanding anymore, but still watching the demanding being and accepting also him.