ShootingStar7123
Member
Before these dreams, in real life, I woke up around 2:30 because my 5 year old son was making noise, fussing and tossing and turning in his bed. I went and put the covers over him and laid down beside him and hummed to help him get back to sleep. It took 20-30 minutes and I was annoyed because usually he doesn't need anything during the night, and usually I don't have to stay with him that long even if he does. I wanted to go back to my own bed. I was tired.
Then I went back to my own bed and fell asleep. I dreamed that I heard him again--I was doubly annoyed, I had just gone back to bed! When I went into his room, my mother in law was there (she was not at our house in real life). I asked my son if he needed the bathroom and he said yes. My MIL started gathering books and I think she turned on a (dim) lamp. I told her that he didn't need to be read a book while he was on the toilet, especially in the middle of the night. She said he had already been up and she'd let him do something on her phone (she was specific in the dream, but I don't recall the wording now). I was annoyed and didn't understand why she was doing all these things that wouldn't help him get back to sleep in the middle of the night. I don't recall what happened next, until I realized I was facing the wrong way in bed, that if I was in his bed I would have been facing him. I woke all the way up and realized I was in my own bed and that it had all been a dream.
I got up, went to the bathroom, tried to release the irritation I felt in the dream, and went back to sleep. I found myself in another dream. I was in what felt like a reasonably fancy or high end condo, and in the dream it was my house. My husband was there and said he'd made an appointment with an art curator to discuss how we were going to hang art in our home. We needed to go that evening, in just a few minutes. I told him I'd meet him downstairs. I did a few other things around the house, and I seem to remember thinking about the layout of the house, and how nice it was that guest rooms were apart from the family rooms. I feel like we had guests in the dream, though I don't remember seeing them. Some parts of the house layout were odd (though I can't remember much specifically about this). I felt like this was a new house we had recently bought. I was admiring it as I walked around, and remember viewing my son's room, though I never saw my son in the dream. I thought that I needed to hurry, that we were going to be late. I grabbed my shoes and socks but don't remember putting them on. I went downstairs and outside. My husband was at the wheel of some kind of moving truck, it looked like. He was clearly mad that we were late, and revved the engine and started driving forward erratically. He crashed into a parked truck up ahead, and I remember having the idea that my mom was in the car with him though I never saw her. I thought of how embarrassing it was to have her see him lose his temper like that and crash the car. I wasn't worried for either of their safety. When I reached my husband, he was sweeping glass in the street from the crash, which he abandoned when he saw me. I told him I was ready to go, and he asked me where was the microwave he'd asked me to bring down? I was confused because I knew he had never asked me, and even more confused because if there was anything heavy to bring down, he would have done that himself. Then I woke up (still the middle of the night), full of confusion and annoyance.
I had another dream the next time I fell asleep, but this one didn't stick with me the same way. I just have some images, and the impression of wandering a place with a lot of balconies with a friend.
My own thoughts on the first dream: Clearly I was still annoyed about being out of bed with my son when I went back to sleep, and the dream was a reflection of that. The part with my MIL is maybe because she's coming to stay and watch my son later this month when my husband and I go away for a long weekend. I think it also might partially be about how the babysitter seems to have misinterpreted some of our bedtime routine and wasn't able to get him to sleep last time she was here. She was reading funny books that made him laugh way late in the routine and he couldn't fall asleep. That was a couple weeks ago, but I guess I'm still thinking about it. I can sometimes be a bit of a control freak about my son's routines and what others let him do when they watch him.
My thoughts on the 2nd: Yesterday my husband and I were discussing hanging new art in our bedroom (freshly painted, we are redecorating) and trying to decide which art to purchase. Part of the dream is certainly referencing that, and how much I want to redo the rest of the house just as we are with the bedroom. I'm often running late in dreams, though it's usually because things keep happening to set me back. In this dream I was not terribly concerned with being late (unlike me) until I saw my husband so mad about it. It was weird because he's actually a really chill dude and doesn't get mad at much other than video games lol. I do have dreams every now and then about me crashing a car or losing control of one, but this is the first time I've dreamed of someone else doing so. The microwave part was just really random.
Anyways, I wanted to write all of this down while it was fresh in my head! It's unusual for me to have so many vivid dreams back to back like this, and to remember them so crystal clear in the morning. I welcome any thoughts, if you all have any.
Then I went back to my own bed and fell asleep. I dreamed that I heard him again--I was doubly annoyed, I had just gone back to bed! When I went into his room, my mother in law was there (she was not at our house in real life). I asked my son if he needed the bathroom and he said yes. My MIL started gathering books and I think she turned on a (dim) lamp. I told her that he didn't need to be read a book while he was on the toilet, especially in the middle of the night. She said he had already been up and she'd let him do something on her phone (she was specific in the dream, but I don't recall the wording now). I was annoyed and didn't understand why she was doing all these things that wouldn't help him get back to sleep in the middle of the night. I don't recall what happened next, until I realized I was facing the wrong way in bed, that if I was in his bed I would have been facing him. I woke all the way up and realized I was in my own bed and that it had all been a dream.
I got up, went to the bathroom, tried to release the irritation I felt in the dream, and went back to sleep. I found myself in another dream. I was in what felt like a reasonably fancy or high end condo, and in the dream it was my house. My husband was there and said he'd made an appointment with an art curator to discuss how we were going to hang art in our home. We needed to go that evening, in just a few minutes. I told him I'd meet him downstairs. I did a few other things around the house, and I seem to remember thinking about the layout of the house, and how nice it was that guest rooms were apart from the family rooms. I feel like we had guests in the dream, though I don't remember seeing them. Some parts of the house layout were odd (though I can't remember much specifically about this). I felt like this was a new house we had recently bought. I was admiring it as I walked around, and remember viewing my son's room, though I never saw my son in the dream. I thought that I needed to hurry, that we were going to be late. I grabbed my shoes and socks but don't remember putting them on. I went downstairs and outside. My husband was at the wheel of some kind of moving truck, it looked like. He was clearly mad that we were late, and revved the engine and started driving forward erratically. He crashed into a parked truck up ahead, and I remember having the idea that my mom was in the car with him though I never saw her. I thought of how embarrassing it was to have her see him lose his temper like that and crash the car. I wasn't worried for either of their safety. When I reached my husband, he was sweeping glass in the street from the crash, which he abandoned when he saw me. I told him I was ready to go, and he asked me where was the microwave he'd asked me to bring down? I was confused because I knew he had never asked me, and even more confused because if there was anything heavy to bring down, he would have done that himself. Then I woke up (still the middle of the night), full of confusion and annoyance.
I had another dream the next time I fell asleep, but this one didn't stick with me the same way. I just have some images, and the impression of wandering a place with a lot of balconies with a friend.
My own thoughts on the first dream: Clearly I was still annoyed about being out of bed with my son when I went back to sleep, and the dream was a reflection of that. The part with my MIL is maybe because she's coming to stay and watch my son later this month when my husband and I go away for a long weekend. I think it also might partially be about how the babysitter seems to have misinterpreted some of our bedtime routine and wasn't able to get him to sleep last time she was here. She was reading funny books that made him laugh way late in the routine and he couldn't fall asleep. That was a couple weeks ago, but I guess I'm still thinking about it. I can sometimes be a bit of a control freak about my son's routines and what others let him do when they watch him.
My thoughts on the 2nd: Yesterday my husband and I were discussing hanging new art in our bedroom (freshly painted, we are redecorating) and trying to decide which art to purchase. Part of the dream is certainly referencing that, and how much I want to redo the rest of the house just as we are with the bedroom. I'm often running late in dreams, though it's usually because things keep happening to set me back. In this dream I was not terribly concerned with being late (unlike me) until I saw my husband so mad about it. It was weird because he's actually a really chill dude and doesn't get mad at much other than video games lol. I do have dreams every now and then about me crashing a car or losing control of one, but this is the first time I've dreamed of someone else doing so. The microwave part was just really random.
Anyways, I wanted to write all of this down while it was fresh in my head! It's unusual for me to have so many vivid dreams back to back like this, and to remember them so crystal clear in the morning. I welcome any thoughts, if you all have any.