A dream about cats

eggz

I had a dream that a black cat had somehow gotten into my home but my home wasn’t actually my house? It was a completely different building. I tried to pick up the cat but it was really difficult to catch so I placed a blanket over it and sort of burrito’d it up to hold when I noticed the cat was now a white cat and it struggled for a bit before relaxing. What does this all mean?

Hello Eggz.
Do you actually have a cat, or do you like cats?

Cat
To see a cat in your dream symbolizes an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power.
It also represents misfortune and bad luck.
The dream symbol has different significance depending on whether you are a cat lover or not.
The cat could indicate that someone is being deceitful or treacherous toward you.
If the cat is aggressive, then it suggests that you are having problems with the feminine aspect of yourself.
If you are afraid of the cat in your dream, then it suggests that you are fearful of the feminine.
The dream may be a metaphor for "cattiness" or someone who is "catty" and malicious.
If you see a cat with no tail, then it signifies a loss of independence and lack of autonomy.
To dream that you cannot find your cat highlights your independent spirit.
You need to allow yourself to be free and not let anyone or anything hold you back.
To dream that a cat is biting you symbolizes the devouring female.
Perhaps you are taking and taking without giving.
You may be expressing some fear or frustration especially when something is not going as planned.
To dream that you are saving the life of a cat implies that you are reclaiming your independence and power.
To dream that a cat is scratching you suggests that you are feeling threatened.
To see a black cat in your dream indicates that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition.
You may erroneously associate the black cat with evil, destruction, and bad luck.
In particular, if the black cat is biting, clawing or attacking you, then the dream means that you must acknowledge what your intuition is trying to tell you.
You can no longer ignore it.
Do not be afraid to face the situation.
If you see a white cat, then it denotes difficult times.
To dream that a cat killed a spider suggests that you are expressing your femininity in a seductive and cunning manner rather than in an overtly and almost destructive way.
To see a dead cat or hear a cat being killed implies that you are lacking autonomy and independence in some area of your life.
Alternatively, the dream means that you are refusing to recognize your feminine power.
To see cats playing in your dream refers to your frisky nature.
You need to show your playful side.
To see a cat with green spikes suggests that jealousy is preventing you from forming meaningful relationships.
You are keeping your distance from a situation or relationship.
Dreaming of a cat without a body or any legs symbolizes limited independence.
You are being mislead into thinking that you have the freedom to do whatever you want.
Seeing two identical cats in your dream means that you need to balance your own needs with the needs of others.
You need to remember to take care of yourself and not always worry about others.
Dreaming of thousands of cats running around in a house indicates a lack of direction in your life.
There is too much going on in your life that you are losing sight of what's important.
If you dream of a cat with two heads, then it implies indecision; you cannot make up your mind about something.
Alternatively, the dream may also mean that you are too easily distracted by your surroundings.

Taken from the Dream Moods dictionary.