a journey through an endless maze part 1

this dream begins with my walking through a place with endless rooms,all connected directly to each other.no hallways,no mezzanines.open the door of one and you saw another. the rooms were shaped differently. some were rectangular,some were oval, some were half triangle half square, one had a curious decagon shape. sometimes i would encounter people while wandering through these rooms,sometimes not. there was no certainty what the next room would be like. one i opened a door from a room with a trapezoid shape more than anything else and painted a light coffee color to go into a room half sphere half cube(sphere at the top,cube at the bottom)painted sky blue at the top i.e.the spherical side and painted a light color almost like hard maple at the bottom. every time i met someone they seemed to be intent on something they were doing. one was spinning a wheel of multi-colored lights. it combined a dazzling combination of colors.shining lights mixed blue purple and green then green orange and yellow then silver then copper then gold mixed together in an unforgettable plethora of colors. then the 3 people (there were actually 4 of them,but the fourth one never spoke) looked up at me and acknowledged my presence. after the preliminary exchange of greetings the one who had been the most intent on the wheel( actually there were 4 of them but this one was the most communicative. an elderly woman with jet black hair in curls which she wore long down her back) "young man, you seem to be lost" ME: well, i can't seem to find what i came here to find" these words came out of my mouth almost automatically . i myself was surprised to hear myself saying it ELDERLY WOMAN OF THE WHEEL:what are you trying to find? ME:{after a few minutes of deep thought} i think what i am looking for is ahead . i could not quite put into words what i was seeking. i

knew i was there in search of something. i knew it only by the very strong feeling i had that i had to find something and that something was crucial to my well-being. i was more than a strong feeling. i was a drive. this drive impelled me forward to find ? . whatever it was it felt absolutely essential that i find it,not only for my own sake but because once i had found it i could help the world around me as well.the dialogue continued ME: well, i am finding it hard to put into words but i feel compelled to find something EWW: then do this. stop your conscious thought process and tell me the first word and the first image that comes to mind ME: all right. i will do my best. i used a breathing technique and a yoga mudra designed to calm the mind . after about 10 minutes i saw a vortex of concentric rings of light.very thick rings.they might really be described as infra-light.one after another at lightning speed, then they broadened. then i saw a sphere glowing blue behind it a green cube of light,all glowing and pulsating with an energy all its own. EWW: what did you see? i described it for her EWW: and what word occurred to you? ME:two of them PEACE and UNITY EWW:then go 4 rooms forward at the fifth you will see 2 doors.take the one on the left then go 5 rooms forward where you will see 3 glass doors of different colors. it will be up to you which one you choose. there will be 2 other doors,on the right side of the wall . one of pinewood,one of beech wood. they are on either side of a winding staircase. your choice which door to go through but my advice is,under no circumstances take the staircase ME: thank you. i will follow your advice [continued]

Dear J.Oak, it is an amazing dream you have posted, with your usual astonishing well detailed dream memory, it always fascinates me. The maze, your maze, this everchanging lifesituations where it is always some drive to find something which change it all, which contains the quality of peace and union as we need so much to not get exhausted of the pains of ever change.

Those four with their spokesperson, the elderly woman with jetblack hair, advice you to go into silence to hear your mission, and you do, peace and union. Then she advice a direction of moves, which keeps the changing of superficialities, but warn against the change of level, and surely on some point the tiredness of the change will tempt you to change the level, but if it’s done on the level of the maze , it might lead to loss of awareness and being controlled by the level you left.

I would think the peace and union can not be found without total stop of moves in the maze, so if you stop identifying with the mover , you will move to the unmoving mover, freed of the tyranny of passions , what moves can move on , but you are not active anymore in feeding the moves, just experiencing it without any demands of states.

Please give in some comments here J.Oak ..

Arnfinnius

your analysis of this dream is extremely interesting. i had never thought of it in those terms. however you may be right. i knew i had come there in search of something, i did not know what(or maybe i really did. i just didn't have a name for it) but the solution is stop the internal dialogue ,to borrow an expression from don juan. drop the conscious analytical mind and listen to your own feelings and thoughts. what i actually did do in the dream. and then i got some answers. it would be interesting to know your view on the wheel of light. or the blue sphere of light,and green square of light behind it. i should have the second part of this posted pretty soon. J.oak357silversword

JungianDreamer

The first thing that stands out to me is the endless rooms you encountered, all connected directly to each other. This could symbolize the vastness of your subconscious mind, with each room representing a different aspect of your psyche. The fact that there were no hallways or mezzanines suggests that there is a direct connection between all of these different parts of yourself and that you are exploring them all without any barriers or limitations.

The different shapes of the rooms could also be significant. The rectangular rooms may represent stability and structure, while the half-triangle half-square room could symbolize a sense of incompleteness or instability. The decagon-shaped room may represent a sense of wholeness or completeness, as the number ten is often associated with completion in numerology.

The people you encountered in the dream may also hold symbolic meaning. The elderly woman with jet black hair in curls may represent wisdom or the feminine aspect of yourself. The fact that she was spinning a wheel of multi-colored lights suggests that she may be connected to your creative or spiritual side.

When you told her that you were lost and searching for something, it could symbolize a deeper sense of purpose or meaning that you are searching for in your waking life. The fact that you couldn't quite put it into words may indicate that it is something that is deeply buried in your subconscious mind.

The vortex of concentric rings of light that you saw after practicing the breathing technique and yoga mudra could represent a spiritual awakening or a deepening of your intuition. The sphere glowing blue and green cube of light may represent a balance between your logical mind (the cube) and your emotions (the sphere).

The words "peace" and "unity" that came to mind could represent a desire for harmony and a sense of interconnectedness with others.

Finally, the advice that the elderly woman gave you about which doors to take and which to avoid could symbolize the need to trust your intuition and make choices that align with your innermost desires and values.

It seems to me that your dream is pointing towards a deepening of your spiritual and intuitive side, as well as a search for greater meaning and purpose in your waking life. I hope this interpretation helps you gain some insight into the symbolic meaning of your dream.

The first thing that stands out to me is the endless rooms you encountered, all connected directly to each other. This could symbolize the vastness of your subconscious mind, with each room representing a different aspect of your psyche. The fact that there were no hallways or mezzanines suggests that there is a direct connection between all of these different parts of yourself and that you are exploring them all without any barriers or limitations.

The different shapes of the rooms could also be significant. The rectangular rooms may represent stability and structure, while the half-triangle half-square room could symbolize a sense of incompleteness or instability. The decagon-shaped room may represent a sense of wholeness or completeness, as the number ten is often associated with completion in numerology.

The people you encountered in the dream may also hold symbolic meaning. The elderly woman with jet black hair in curls may represent wisdom or the feminine aspect of yourself. The fact that she was spinning a wheel of multi-colored lights suggests that she may be connected to your creative or spiritual side.

When you told her that you were lost and searching for something, it could symbolize a deeper sense of purpose or meaning that you are searching for in your waking life. The fact that you couldn't quite put it into words may indicate that it is something that is deeply buried in your subconscious mind.

The vortex of concentric rings of light that you saw after practicing the breathing technique and yoga mudra could represent a spiritual awakening or a deepening of your intuition. The sphere glowing blue and green cube of light may represent a balance between your logical mind (the cube) and your emotions (the sphere).

The words "peace" and "unity" that came to mind could represent a desire for harmony and a sense of interconnectedness with others.

Finally, the advice that the elderly woman gave you about which doors to take and which to avoid could symbolize the need to trust your intuition and make choices that align with your innermost desires and values.

It seems to me that your dream is pointing towards a deepening of your spiritual and intuitive side, as well as a search for greater meaning and purpose in your waking life. I hope this interpretation helps you gain some insight into the symbolic meaning of your dream.

your analysis has not only given me insight into the meaning of this dream but has brought to my attention to certain aspects of it overlooked by everyone,including myself. the room half sphere,half cube very likely could represent a sense of instability,and could also symbolize,as you suggest a wavering between the emontial side and the rational side-i have much of that-and also possibly an imbalance between the air element(sky blue circle roof) and earth element( maple hardwood floor) . i think the woman with the spinning wheel of light being connected to my creative and spiritual side is right on target. i agree with arnfinnius that her cautioning me against taking the stairway meant i should not go to the next level just yet. there is more to this dream but your analysis of it so far is exactly right. i invite you to examine not only the sequel to this part of the dream but some of my others posted as well. as the expression goes you have hit the nail right on the head sincerely, J. oak357silversword

your analysis of this dream is extremely interesting. i had never thought of it in those terms. however you may be right. i knew i had come there in search of something, i did not know what(or maybe i really did. i just didn't have a name for it) but the solution is stop the internal dialogue ,to borrow an expression from don juan. drop the conscious analytical mind and listen to your own feelings and thoughts. what i actually did do in the dream. and then i got some answers. it would be interesting to know your view on the wheel of light. or the blue sphere of light,and green square of light behind it. i should have the second part of this posted pretty soon. J.oak357silversword
I needs to dwell some more on the wheels of light etc. so I gp to the second part now.