a place where events take an unexpected turn

this dream starts out with my mother and i living in an apartment hotel which might have seemed to a superficial observer like a perfect place to live.a commissary on the premises which also delivered right to each apartment. maid service for each tenant.and a restaurant right on the top floor. now this situation might have seemed ideal ,except for something not evident to an outside observer-the whole place was under constant surveillance. every floor had tiny,barely noticeable cameras which could be either expanded until they covered the entire length of the hall or narrowed down until they could see a single speck of dust on the carpet.they were hidden in seemingly innocuous places,over mirrors or behind flowerpots or over doorways. so cleverly hidden that most people never noticed them. the same could be said of the microphones which could amplify an ordinary whisper so it could become practically a shout. all phone calls,incoming or outgoing were automatically recorded on a graph which showed the waves of the callers voice pattern. in this way they were able to ascertain whether or not someone had spoken to them before. everyone else seemed to be unaware of the situation that existed, that this all the makings of al police state. they saw only good living conditions and good food at fantastically cheap prices. a unique thing about this place was the floors were designated not by numbers but by types of wood. when a resident was asked by the elevator operator "what floor?" the answer would be hickory (second floor) or beech (eighth floor). only my mother and i considered it a dangerous place to live and a potential dictatorship.we very rarely ate any food from the commissary on the ground floor.we suspected it of being tampered food. although occasionally i did go to the restaurant. my mother was urging me to find a new place to live. i was just about to leave when a green light lit up to the right of the door. this was the signal that someone was at the door and it was a delivery. the color for delivery was light green. an ordinary social call was cherry red. management was lime green. a business call was ocean blue. maintenance was burnt umber. instead of a buzzer,that was what they had. so i pressed the button to let them in. when they came up i found they were carrying a package,white and rectangular. they wore light walnut colored uniforms. i could not hear all the conversation but it ended with my mother losing her temper and yelling at the two deliverymen to get out and take their package with them. i went downstairs and took the bus to go look at another place which seemed to be promising. finally the bus to a part of the road that forked in 3 directions. the first one was mostly government buildings.and offices i recall seeing a sign painted in a window bureau of fiscal services,the second one was a pharmacy dispensing prescriptions.the third one was a thriving community. on one side of the street stores and shops. on the other side,a residential area with houses and apartments. after while the bus came to a building in the outer part of the city.this was interesting as it was very different from the apartment buildings i had seen before. this had an elevator and stairways. the lobby was round and circular,not square the way they are in most places.it had winding staircases and an interior and an exterior stairway. by that,i mean an enclosed stairway on the outsides and an open stairway on the inside. a voice behind me said"here is the place you want to move to" i turned around to see who had spoken. there was no one there. suddenly a blue light went on about 7 flights up. an arc light. a deep,soothing blue. my next thought was"i have to get back and tell my mother about this". when i got back i pressed the button for the restaurant on the top floor. i might note that the elevator was not less interesting than the rest of the building. it was made from a composite of iron,copper,titanium,iridium and silver. when i reached the top,which was linden and Hawaiian Koa - i met not my mother,but a very wise friend who lives in Hawaii. this is a somewhat paradoxical dream,though not one of my more difficult ones.

this dream starts out with my mother and i living in an apartment hotel which might have seemed to a superficial observer like a perfect place to live.a commissary on the premises which also
If we look at the situation for mother to live in apartment hotel under such conditions described, with extreem surveilance, professional servants etc, the cancerian needs for reclusiveness, protection, feeling of home, to allow space of feelings to happen is not met, and a continueing state of distress occurs, if the ableness to cope with this stress is weak, it could be like the white parcel, delivered by the lower earth servants , is likely to be like a coffin for the corpse or for the soul.
Some questions
Did you know for sure that the other place had no surveillance?
in the elevator there was tree for floors, was the floors built of trees, or ?
The composite metal, had it faculties, more than visual impression ?
Would you aggree that the voice from behind, with no visible source, is your instincts ?
If you would give a short comment J . Oak , than I come back with some more words
Arnfinniuse

the first part of your analysis is on the mark. my mother spent the last years of her life as an invalid,and her asking me to find a new place was for my sake as well as hers. living under the conditions of a tyrannical police state is not a healthy environment. as they were an apartment hotel and not a top secret government facility why would they need to go to such extreme lengths? as for the other place having surveillance they probably did have some but not like the place where were living which took on the dimensions of something out of Orwell's 1984. the elevators were not built from trees,the floors were and that is how they were identified,not by numbers as is usually the case. i think i would agree that the voice behind was my inner self. the place i saw was a place where the old and the new were blended. unlike the ultra-modern place where we were staying. i am not quite certain what you mean by faculties,more than visual impression. it was an amalgam of the metals stated, and was very hard as a result. it was a very well run elevator. not once did it jam or crash. the restaurant on the top floor was linden and Hawaiian Koa. linden trees have a very unique quality. they turn away lightning. in a thunderstorm if you took cover under a lindentree you were safe.that tree would not be struck by lightning. i await your response

Last edited:
On an inner plane the surveillance would be awareness and liberating when a good self is bridling the mind in a compassionate manner, and removes and adds things when he has reached clarity bout something, but in this reflection feminine and masculine is struck with pain over a situation, and search for a new position, even if also the masculine part still is a bit divided bout it, He still experience things of interest in the presnt location , the floors made of tree indicates also that the house has some of our ground nature in it's structure. The wise friend is there and awailable for help to clarify the quest.
Orwells 84 is really a good picture of this situation , when this sort of surveillance comes to an outer reflection, and collectively this has manifested, if is kept and dealt with on a more subtle plane, it is clearly more flexible, but to free the outer from the me identification, something which opens for locating oneself as a kind of mediator, and thereby reduce the demands of how things should be felt through the senses.
And then have no or little need of surpessing anything from consciousness. On the outer planes there is much need to have a distinct dividing between govermental and private spheres, and the lack of this will be hostile and create enemy like relations between us, but our main problem is still our collective delusion , which tells us we are physical beings and thereby creates a kind of tyranny in our relation to ourselves. If we changed that idntification , we would be able to meet our needs in a much more joyful way, I think.
What a wonderful tree Linden is, and your knowledge of trees too.
Arnfinnius

I just want to add ,J oak, that a womans central obligation, ancient and now, is to reflect, make visible the feminine nature, to show how a society , a culture, an approach to life is to the feminine, so your mothers ability to xpress through disability how it is, is beatiful, and God gives us courrage to change all these ways of ours that have showed up to create so endlessly much pain.
Kind Regards Arnfinnius

is that the truth. the greatest amount of suffering in this world is caused by ignorance. i think i might add here that she was my mother and also my best friend,but when she lost her temper she was really formidable. her shouting at the two deliverymen,therefore that was almost was a signal for me to go into action and find a new place to live. i know this part of the dream has a message in it for me now. well, i did it and found a suitable place,a little bit to my own surprise but there it was .a place where the old and traditional and the modern were combined with an effect almost irresistible to someone who had been searching for a long time without result for just such this sort of thing. the 3 crossroads i understood the symbolism of. the first one was a symbol of government , the second one,the pharmacy was a symbol of health and well being and the third one was living conditions. when i returned to the building i took the elevator to the top floor. now let me explain something about the woods. the combination of linden and Hawaiian koa was extremely interesting. the linden tree is calming and turns away lightning. koa wood is extremely strong,in fact one of the hardest woods in the world. because of this, in ancient Hawaii it was often used in the manufacture of tools and weapons. the toughest spears used by Hawaiian warriors were made of koa wood. and Hawaiian ships were built of koa wood because of its tenacity. it is a symbol of strength and vigor. and not just ordinary strength and vigor either. it is one of the toughest woods in the world. even the king's royal palace was constructed with it. in the restaurant, meeting with my wise friend who lives in Hawaii instead of my mother had maybe a certain message in it. i may not have let go to the extent i thought i had. i do not usually have continuation dreams but this one has been an exception. the next 2 dreams i will post will have this hotel in it. if we can fit the pieces together then the puzzle is solved. or partially,anyway. i know there is a message in all this. best regards, J. oak357 silversword

Wow, what a dream - such detail!
So the dream is about influences/conditioning that you picked up from your mother, most likely very early on in your life (hotels often symbolise our 'reception' at birth). The surveillance etc suggests that your mother was very controlling?

Wow, what a dream - such detail!
So the dream is about influences/conditioning that you picked up from your mother, most likely very early on in your life (hotels often symbolise our 'reception' at birth). The surveillance etc suggests that your mother was very controlling?
greetings,Oliver Wedgwood. for me this hotel never quite had the symbolism you suggest. it was a place of residence where good living conditions and good food was provided for the tenants at the expense of every kind of freedom. in many ways like a a version of 1984 or brave new world in microcosm. one thing my mother and i did have in common was a belief in freedom. this being an apartment hotel with tenants not at all criminally inclined we saw no reason for the constant,unremitting surveillance. we thought that this had a great deal more to it than met the eye. despite the extreme courtesy of the staff and management we wanted a change. the other tenants thought we were insane. they saw only great living conditions at incredibly cheap prices. but we went ahead,nonetheless.i started out very skeptical of finding a suitable place and hardly daring to think i would find one so soon. so this dream has an unmistakable message in it. i will be very interested to know your views

Hi J - Thanks for the extra detail!
Everything in a dream is an aspect of ourselves, so it appears that the dream is highlighting a controlling aspect of your personality, but one which is very subtle... so much so that perhaps even you are not aware of it (the surveillance cameras are very well hidden!).

Do you try to control your environment/people around you but in a very subtle way? How do you feel if things around you are out of your control?

The apartment angle of the hotel is a pun (often used in dreams) on 'apart', which usually symbolises that the dreamer keeps their feelings hidden and doesn't want to let others get too close.

I'd be interested to know if any of this resonates in any way? If not, no worries!

in fact, some of it does resonate. while i do not try to control or dominate the people in my environment, there are times when i have felt myself threatened by it sometimes with good reason sometimes not. what i do see whether justifiably or not is the world dangerously sliding into a technocratic,authoritarian state. in that respect the hotel may have been a symbol for how i perceive society as it has been evolving for the past nine decades or so. even ordinary visits were filed and classified. my going downstairs after the scene with the two deliverymen felt like a step toward liberation,,stepping over the Berlin wall,so to speak. when i saw the other place it drew my attention immediately. as a haven of relative freedom. and peace. there was no peace in knowing every act and every word was being recorded. when i felt the blue light with its healing soothing effect, i knew i had found the place. i do not know why all the floors were classified by the type of wood used in paneling instead of by number.many questions remain unanswered, but now you know the gist of it. many of my dreams are like this. i have at least 12 of them posted already,usually very enigmatic and and sometimes paradoxical. if you like check them out. i certainly will be interested in what you have to say. i look forward to your response

Hi J,
Sometimes wood is used in dreams to symbolise issues with the digestive system which often result from an imbalance of a masculine energy aspect (e.g. security, confidence, how supported we feel, control, logic). The first 3 chakras (root, sacral and solar plexus) feed energy to these aspects and to the digestive system.

"...a unique thing about this place was the floors were designated not by numbers but by types of wood. when a resident was asked by the elevator operator "what floor?" the answer would be hickory (second floor) or beech (eighth floor). only my mother and I considered it a dangerous place to live and a potential dictatorship. We very rarely ate any food from the commissary on the ground floor. We suspected it of being tampered food. although occasionally I did go to the restaurant."

As well as the wood, we have food, restaurant, ground (reference to base chakra - feeling of security, safety) and danger in this paragraph. It may be that the imbalance of masculine energy that the dream is referring to, will in the future (or perhaps already has?) caused some issues of digestion. Something to thing about at least.

I say that we all is fundamentally surpressing and try to control every bit of our surroundings in every way possible from the identifacation point we are seeing ourselves and our surroundings, so this resonates naturally to us all. Your brother, your friend, he who played out your mother in level of sense reality, told you and transferred to you so important things about life. I would believe she was formidable in her rage, but still your best friend. remember Parvati in her rage almoust tore the universe apart , when Shiva had head offed Ganesh for denieing him access to Parvatis bathroom...
Jesus Christ was also a control freak, but he was intelligent and lovely and gracious, and understood in what way He had to act to establish joyful order.
The move must be on right level J . Oak if it shall be including. I have in my garden a Marple tree , great as a cathedral, it has one basic stem, that is parting in tree stems etc. they are all in the department of dividing under One commander.
Surveiling is beautiful , but wrongly manifested it could be very painful.
Kind Regards Arnfinnius

Hi J,
Sometimes wood is used in dreams to symbolise issues with the digestive system which often result from an imbalance of a masculine energy aspect (e.g. security, confidence, how supported we feel, control, logic). The first 3 chakras (root, sacral and solar plexus) feed energy to these aspects and to the digestive system.

"...a unique thing about this place was the floors were designated not by numbers but by types of wood. when a resident was asked by the elevator operator "what floor?" the answer would be hickory (second floor) or beech (eighth floor). only my mother and I considered it a dangerous place to live and a potential dictatorship. We very rarely ate any food from the commissary on the ground floor. We suspected it of being tampered food. although occasionally I did go to the restaurant."

As well as the wood, we have food, restaurant, ground (reference to base chakra - feeling of security, safety) and danger in this paragraph. It may be that the imbalance of masculine energy that the dream is referring to, will in the future (or perhaps already has?) caused some issues of digestion. Something to thing about at least.
as a matter of fact i have had troubles with my digestive system, as for the imbalance, it set me to thinking and i have been practicing yoga mudras to balance the doshas. and yoga kundalini to balance the chakras. so,yes i think your diagnosis is a very probable one.with regards to the wood,beech is a very hard wood and so is hickory(second floor) and alder which has a unique quality-when it comes in contact with water it becomes harder and tougher,unlike most other woods. it is therefore considered a symbol for both durability and flexibility.

Good on you for practising yoga mudras :).
It's also interesting that we see a white rectangular package:

"...when they came up i found they were carrying a package, white and rectangular. they wore light walnut colored uniforms. i could not hear all the conversation but it ended with my mother losing her temper and yelling at the two deliverymen to get out and take their package with them..."

White is often a symbol representing purity and in most dreams it refers to the dreamer as having self-critical tendencies. The rectangular box in this context will most likely suggest that the dreamer is being restricted by this tendency... Would you say that you are hard on yourself? Is this a characteristic that your mother also had (and was perhaps somewhat critical of you?)

I say that we all is fundamentally surpressing and try to control every bit of our surroundings in every way possible from the identifacation point we are seeing ourselves and our surroundings, so this resonates naturally to us all. Your brother, your friend, he who played out your mother in level of sense reality, told you and transferred to you so important things about life. I would believe she was formidable in her rage, but still your best friend. remember Parvati in her rage almoust tore the universe apart , when Shiva had head offed Ganesh for denieing him access to Parvatis bathroom...
Jesus Christ was also a control freak, but he was intelligent and lovely and gracious, and understood in what way He had to act to establish joyful order.
The move must be on right level J . Oak if it shall be including. I have in my garden a Marple tree , great as a cathedral, it has one basic stem, that is parting in tree stems etc. they are all in the department of dividing under One commander.
Surveiling is beautiful , but wrongly manifested it could be very painful.
Kind Regards Arnfinnius
hmm mm.....i never viewed Jesus as a control freak. i never heard of him controlling or trying to dominate people around him. the opposite would seem to be true.i did hear of him saying whoever is not against you is with you.even when one of the high priest's men struck him for an "insolent" answer he responded "if i was wrong in stating this ,prove me wrong,if i was right,why did you hit me" but i see the analogy losing your temper but basically a very good person on the side of the light.even Jesus showed his wrath once, with the moneylenders in the temple. i never thought of surveillance as beautiful, just as something which was necessary in some situations.surveillance when it is not necessary can be painful indeed. not to mention tyrannical. my mother did give me invaluable knowledge which i have not forgotten. can a thirst for knowledge and a passion for justice be inherited things? i wonder. certainly the environment in which i was brought up helped. sincerely, J. oak357 silversword

Good on you for practising yoga mudras :).
It's also interesting that we see a white rectangular package:

"...when they came up i found they were carrying a package, white and rectangular. they wore light walnut colored uniforms. i could not hear all the conversation but it ended with my mother losing her temper and yelling at the two deliverymen to get out and take their package with them..."

White is often a symbol representing purity and in most dreams it refers to the dreamer as having self-critical tendencies. The rectangular box in this context will most likely suggest that the dreamer is being restricted by this tendency... Would you say that you are hard on yourself? Is this a characteristic that your mother also had (and was perhaps somewhat critical of you?)
i have a tendency to be extremely self-critical and very hard on myself. so much so in fact that my mother used to discuss it with me. she would urge me to stop driving myself so hard and relax. i was far more severe on myself than my mother was when she would reprimand me for my faults.interesting your observation about the rectangular package., and the deliverymen wearing walnut colored uniforms,walnuts being a symbol of strength and brain power.they contain omega 3 fatty acids and DHA. and also support a healthy digestive system.the white rectangular package was also very interesting. rectangles being generally looked on as a symbol of solidity and security. while i do not know what caused my mother to lose her temper(i could not catch all the conversation) i think it may have been a veiled message of some sort. a signal for me to go into action and find a better place. which,much to my own surprise,i did. some dreams are simple and their meaning is easily understood,others are complex and need extensive analysis to bring out the true meaning. i am very interested to find out your view on this

Yes, I think it's fairly common for us humans to amplify our experiences onto ourselves. So if your mother would reprimand you for your faults, it's no wonder that you would take it to the next level on yourself.
Dreams will always be giving us guidance and healing (but we colour some of this with our subconscious reaction... often negative when we don't want to accept either). I think there are both aspects of this occurring in your dream - the biggest guidance here is that your mother is urging you to find another place to live, i.e. to move yourself outside of her sphere of influence. This is not because your mother is a 'bad' person (dreams are always focusing on us, not others), but because this is a path of growth for you. With that in mind, have you ever gone through the process of 'Cutting The Ties That Bind' with your mother? I believe this would effectively help you to 'move out' of the apartment into your own power as it were. I'm happy to send over the process on a PDF if you like.

Yes, I think it's fairly common for us humans to amplify our experiences onto ourselves. So if your mother would reprimand you for your faults, it's no wonder that you would take it to the next level on yourself.
Dreams will always be giving us guidance and healing (but we colour some of this with our subconscious reaction... often negative when we don't want to accept either). I think there are both aspects of this occurring in your dream - the biggest guidance here is that your mother is urging you to find another place to live, i.e. to move yourself outside of her sphere of influence. This is not because your mother is a 'bad' person (dreams are always focusing on us, not others), but because this is a path of growth for you. With that in mind, have you ever gone through the process of 'Cutting The Ties That Bind' with your mother? I believe this would effectively help you to 'move out' of the apartment into your own power as it were. I'm happy to send over the process on a PDF if you like.
yes i may learn something from it.but my mother was the first one to encourage me to be independent. the problem is mine. i realize i had not let go in the same way that i thought

yes i may learn something from it.but my mother was the first one to encourage me to be independent. the problem is mine. i realize i had not let go in the same way that i thought
Absolutely, dreams will tell us about an energy imbalance (ie beliefs) that we have formed in ourselves, not about someone else's challenge or their need to heal.

Our parents can have very positive influences on us, but we will still need to heal the 'karmic' conditioning (which we planned) that we received from them, or sometimes from other childhood situations or emotional trauma.

Cutting the Ties that Bind is a healing process developed by Phyllis Krystal that helps our subconscious release the energetic connections we formed in our childhood to our parents that we no longer require for our growth.

Hope that helps.

hmm mm.....i never viewed Jesus as a control freak. i never heard of him controlling or trying to dominate people around him. the opposite would seem to be true.i did hear of him saying whoever is not against you is with you.even when one of the high priest's men struck him for an "insolent" answer he responded "if i was wrong in stating this ,prove me wrong,if i was right,why did you hit me" but i see the analogy losing your temper but basically a very good person on the side of the light.even Jesus showed his wrath once, with the moneylenders in the temple. i never thought of surveillance as beautiful, just as something which was necessary in some situations.surveillance when it is not necessary can be painful indeed. not to mention tyrannical. my mother did give me invaluable knowledge which i have not forgotten. can a thirst for knowledge and a passion for justice be inherited things? i wonder. certainly the environment in which i was brought up helped. sincerely, J. oak357 silversword

What He did control was His mind, brideling it, not identyfieing Himself with the experience of man, that made it possible for Him to be very present with man experience without losing himself to anger if it were not the will of God to express this anger, like with the moneydealers ****ting the House of God.
Teaching us to move our ID from what is born and shall die , to what is eternal, and act according to that. "You must go away from death". Since body can not leave body, since the I can not leave the I, He was telling us about something , or maybe more like nothing, that is not a subject to death, were we can reside. As I said He was working intelligent with the forces of control, but anyway I will apologise for using such a term like" controlfreak", that was not my intention to offend your feelings, regarding the most graceful of us all. Because Jesus was without error in expressing only the will of God, there is no difference between Him and God, since there are no difference, He is the allmighy God in form of a man, and this is the reason of why He holds our judgment. He returns the hate from the servant with love through giving true identity to his act, and drink the enforced pain, without lowering His love, this is the jewel of control , rightly implemented.
Yes we inherit from our parents, lines carry different qualities.
Kind Regards Arnfinnius