a "safe" mission concludes on a dangerous note

this dream began as so many of my dreams do,with a quest. in this dream i was with a group of people, none of whom i know in real life. this group had embarked on a search,for what i cannot remember although i did know while the dream was going on. the philosophers stone,the holy grail, the ark of the tabernacle. whatever it was it would be something very similar this search took us all on a journey across several continents. Africa, both north and south.parts of Asia. Europe,Asia Africa and south America. . quite a journey. the strangest thing was this....there was a man with sandy hair and dark glasses who always greeted me when our quest in an area was finished and fruitless...but never before. what is more, i seemed to be the only person of this group who was even aware of his existence. no other members of the party seemed to take the slightest notice of him. wherever we had been he would always appear in the dress distinctive to the country we had just left. in India he wore a churidar and kurtan and a kashmiri turban. he bowed in the traditional Indian manner. i returned the bow. in China he did not wear communist uniform but that of a traditional scholar-official. bowed in the chinese fashion. i returned the bow again. in Japan,interestingly enough he wore not only a kimono(which was dark blue,with a Japanese hero confronting a silver dragon. i do not if there really is such a legend) but also a samurai sword. again bowed in Japanese fashion,which was returned. in Bali a sarong. again the customary bow. again returned. in south Africa, curiously enough he wore a mixture of boer commando dress and that of a Zulu warrior. in one hand a Mauser rifle ,in the other a Zulu Assegai. he put both in order to give a military salute,which was returned. it was the same story over all the places we were. in France a beret. when we had returned to the united states we were in a building,which did resemble somewhat a building i actually lived in years ago. it had a lobby and a courtyard,with flowers. but this also had a white marble fountain in the center. suddenly a faint light began to glow in the middle of the fountain. it expanded and grew. all of the other members of the party expect for 2 rushed outside to looki nto the fountain to see what was happening. the light increased in intensity until was almost the same brightness as a searchlight. to judge from the gasps and exclamations of awe it must have been something truly magnificent. but i did not go to the fountain. some instinct i had warned me against it. al of the other members of the group excepting only myself and 1 other, stared into the fountain as though hypnotized. then all of a sudden i heard the doors open and who should it be but-you guessed it!- the fellow who had been the invisble companion, on the quest. that is, invisible to everyone but me. with this difference-he came accompanied by 4 men with ski maske and automatic weapons. at a signal from him ,they opened fire. my friend who my trusted companion and spirtual advisor on the quest fell riddled with bullets. i looked at the others. they seemed to be in some sort of hypnotic trance,al staring into the fountain. not even machine gun fire could rouse them from their stupor. He signaled to the others. they all immediately stood in a half circle, as though waiting for instructions. he pulled a paper from his pocket,looked at it, and for the first time spoke audibly (though hardly reassuringly) "don't use his name. use his induction number" i knew that meant me. as that is the second most intense dream i have had. i will certainly welcome any input. it was so vivid that it has been almost traumatic just to write this.​

I am troubled bout to give any interpretation , are you sure that you wants my take on this?
yes,indeed. iam quite sure. you see, even though this dream is much older than any i have previously posted it has stayed with me,and unlike the others it ends on a very distressing note. ocassionly,when i do think of it it is just like reliving combat trauma. i posted it hoping that you -or anyone else,for that matter- might be able to detect something in it

Well, I will take this in portions then.
The guy that you sees, but not the others, seems very clearly after your description to be the prince of darkness.
His ability to be familiar with all cultures over the earth, and all changing in cultural impacts there, and certainly his dark glasses indicates to see from a point of darkness. Four with maschineguns , points on matter and squares, our cultural centre, and the cross of crusifiction.
I'll stop there for now, and awaits your respons , and thinks it all a bit over...
Arnfinnius

thank you very much and the way you describe him is almost the way i saw him. except at the time i did not directly associate him with prince of darkness. i thought of him in more symbolic terms,as a symbol of what society does to a sincere spiritual seeker once they are close to finding something truly liberating and freeing. everywhere we looked turned out to be a dead end. but also representative of the way of thinking of both the ones in power. and many other people. i realize now that i too was searching too much for an answer outside of myself. when i first saw him i did not know who he was. but after awhile i could not miss the irony in his bow and smile. saying in effect"go ahead and search. your quest will be fruitless in any case" but when he came in with those 4 goons it put matters on a different basis. as to why all of the other members who been on the quest should all be hypnotized in front of the white marble fountain i still have not been able to figure out, unless it was a pre-planned tactic of some sort. if that is true then it would been magic of some sort. the final sentence is what i found most disturbing of all. not to use my name but only an induction number. that would seem to indicate that they were aware of the object of the quest and took steps to insure it did not succedd. not only that but had p[llans to conscript me into something-it was not clear what- but why should they single me out for that? this is a very complex and distressing dream and there still a lot of loose ends. but you have shed new light on the subject until next time J. Oak

as to why all of the other members who been on the quest should all be hypnotized in front of the white marble fountain. The house was similar to a house you lived in before you says, childhood? fountains circulate water or feelings caught up, the light intensifies these feelings in their mind, and because of their denials, can not see the darkness, they have activated this stunned side of their being. You are not singled out, but since they already are under his control and you struggle with awareness of the full content of this , it seems so for you. Now who is shot by the goons? Our spiritual adviser and fellow is also called our conscience ? comment ? The others had already an induction - number, he thinks after your fellows death, crusifiction, that your under his control, pictured in the old movie the matrix, you know , agent smith's appearance through his controlled persons., thereof the number.
Arnfinnius

J. Oak Silversword , I will just like to add to my statement bout what the prince of darkness thinks, that he is old and cunning and knows very well that if we believe that we're under his charge, we have in away put us to suchness. Or in other words to induce a lie as truth , and we aknowledge the imagination as truth he is moving us to our defeat. Psychic attacks in thoughtforms , is dealt with through detaching our identity away from the level of thoughts , so it more easily can be implied the faculty of critic , but from an unemotional state.

Kind regards Arnfinnius

i think that your interpretation is an accurate one.. whatever else would explain all the members of the group gazing into the waters of the fountain,oblivious to everything else in the world? as for the scene in the lobby i saw that as eliminating the independent teachers and substituting their own, as for my mysterious companion i saw him as the representative of a certain state of mind. world control and power politics. your view on this is very interesting. the next dream i post i think will be more to the liking of everyone

That recurring guy reminds me of Jimmy from Hardcore Henry
well,you got me interested so i watched hardcore henry. practically a non-stop action sequence in some ways i can see the comparison.jimmy does not have qualms about killing when he thinks it is necessary constantly turning up after being "killed "except jimmy was trying to save Henry and he certainly was not trying to save me. so far as his character goes akan would probably be the better comparison

chesty_bond

well,you got me interested so i watched hardcore henry. practically a non-stop action sequence in some ways i can see the comparison.jimmy does not have qualms about killing when he thinks it is necessary constantly turning up after being "killed "except jimmy was trying to save Henry and he certainly was not trying to save me. so far as his character goes akan would probably be the better comparison
Good point. I guess the main thing I was comparing was how they both show up wearing completely different things all the time, that's what stood out to me

Good point. I guess the main thing I was comparing was how they both show up wearing completely different things all the time, that's what stood out to me
well, i am going to post another dream pretty soon, so why don't you check it out. and i might try my hand at some of yours. your input would certainly be welcome