Alligators

AliselynGlory

I dreamt of alligators. I was on the street and a small section was underwater with alligators swimming around in it. One alligator honed in on me and chased me. I felt like it wanted to kill me - not just eat me. I ran and screamed but I felt like the more I screamed, the angrier it got. Then it almost got me but my husband, lying down (on the ground? I couldn't tell where he was lying down. I felt like a random bed or something but I couldn't see it) caught the alligator and it turned into a child. He simply said, "They almost got you. Calm down - it's fine". I am so curious to know what other people believe the dream to be about. I want to know what message it has.

From the Dream Moods dictionary:
Alligator
To see an alligator in your dream symbolizes treachery, deceit, and hidden instincts.
It may be a signal for you to take on a new perspective on a situation.
It may also represent your ability to move between the physical, material world of waking life and the emotional, repressed world of the subconscious.
Alternatively, the alligator represents healing powers and qualities.
An alligator also suggests that you are thick-skinned or insensitive.
To dream that you are running away from the alligator indicates that you are unwilling to confront some painful and disturbing aspect of your subconscious.
There is some potentially destructive emotion that you are refusing to acknowledge and owning up to.
Dreaming of a baby alligator implies that you are too trusting.
If you are bitten by an alligator in your dream, then it indicates that you have not learned from your past mistakes.
To dream that you are raped by an alligator indicates that you feel violated or taken advantage of in some way.
The alligator is symbolic of someone who is ruthless, insensitive and treacherous.
This person has a strong hold on you despite your efforts to break free from the unhealthy relationship.
According to biblical interpretations, an alligator suggests that leviathan is king over the children of pride. (Psa 74:14, Job 41:1,Isa 27:1).

Is this interpretation of any use to you?

NB:
The Dream Moods website forum broke down in 2019, and hasn't been repaired.
This Head For Dreams forum is the consequence of the Dream Moods forum not working.

dreamguidehub

Hello, interpreting dreams is generally quite challenging. It is more accurate to interpret these dreams by breaking them down into words or focusing on the most prominent object in the dream. Our interpretation for the alligator in this context is as follows:
Dream Guide Hub | Alligator Dream Meaning