Almost lost my legs

My partner cut my legs between my knees & ankles right to the bone, a doctor stapled the flesh back together.
(I was terrified & shaking when I woke up)

Did anything happen, before your legs were cut?
and, did anything happen after the cut was stapled?

Legs
To see your legs in your dream indicate that you have regained confidence to stand up and take control again.
It also implies progress and your ability to navigate through life.
If your legs are weak, then you may be feeling emotionally vulnerable.
If you dream that you are crossing your legs, then it implies defensiveness or your close minded attitude.
To see someone else's legs in your dream represent your admiration for that person.
You need to adopt some of the ways that this person does things.
To dream that your leg is broken, wounded or crippled signifies a lack of balance, autonomy, or independence in your life.
You may be unable or unwilling to stand up for yourself.
Perhaps you are lacking courage and refuse to make a stand.
If you dream that someone has one leg, then it refers to some sort of failing relationship.
If you are a woman and dream that your legs are hairy, then it suggests that you are too domineering.
You may be overly controlling in a relationship.
If you are trying to cover up your hairy legs, then it points to your passive aggressive nature.
To dream that one of your leg is shorter than the other suggests that there is some imbalance in some aspect of your life.
You are placing more emphasis and weight on one thing, while ignoring other important aspects that need attention as well.
To dream that you have three or more legs denotes that you are undertaking too many projects.
You are taking on more things that you can handle.
Some of these projects will prove counterproductive.
To dream that you have a stick leg or a wooden leg suggests that balance has been restored in your once chaotic or hectic life.
You are able to stand up again with the help and support of others.
Alternatively, the dream may be telling you to slow down.
Dreaming that there are bite marks on your legs means that you need to proceed with caution.
Someone doesn't want you to succeed and may even try to stall your efforts.
If you dream that you have staples or stitches on your leg, then it means that you are not letting obstacles stop you from proceeding with your goals.

That's taken from the Dream Moods dictionary.

My partner cut my legs between my knees & ankles right to the bone, a doctor stapled the flesh back together.
(I was terrified & shaking when I woke up)
It's very positive that you came to the doctor and received help restoring your legs. You must try to locate in what way your partner is inflicting in this way on you, and how to overcome it. In what way is he acting, look closely, and look also cautiously for what the doctor could be in your life.