Can someone help me dissect last nights dream.

I was holding hands with a tall woman with dark hair in a dark robe and she was leading me somewhere. As we were moving I noticed I recognised the area as somewhere I grew up as a child. When I mentioned it she replied ofcourse you do, you are over there now. As I looked over I seen groups of children playing and I seen myself as a child playing with my sister and some others. I immediately felt emotional and looked back at the lady. She said to me I couldn’t go over there. I paused for a moment, let go of her hand and immediately started running towards myself. Just before I got to myself everything started dissolving around me and I fell into darkness and heard her say ‘you shouldn’t of done that, you have ruined everything’.

Wow , interesting... Can I ask what your general feelings were during (the dream) and after. If you felt foreboding or nostalgia etc....also if there was anything significant that happened or any feelings you had before you fell asleep.

Do you know who the woman is?
And im guessing that by approaching the children, you interfered with "time".
Think back to the future or other such movies where the timeline can be messed with.

I do kind of get the feeling she was leading me through a timeline but I only remembered that part. I have no idea who she was, but I wasn’t scared of her even though her figure was dark.

Wow , interesting... Can I ask what your general feelings were during (the dream) and after. If you felt foreboding or nostalgia etc....also if there was anything significant that happened or any feelings you had before you fell asleep.
By the you have ruined everything statement she may have had more to show you....

I was holding hands with a tall woman with dark hair in a dark robe and she was leading me somewhere. As we were moving I noticed I recognised the area as somewhere I grew up as a child. When I mentioned it she replied ofcourse you do, you are over there now. As I looked over I seen groups of children playing and I seen myself as a child playing with my sister and some others. I immediately felt emotional and looked back at the lady. She said to me I couldn’t go over there. I paused for a moment, let go of her hand and immediately started running towards myself. Just before I got to myself everything started dissolving around me and I fell into darkness and heard her say ‘you shouldn’t of done that, you have ruined everything’.
The ruin is that you tried to blend in with your past life, and then ruines your present life. You must practice contentment of emotions if you are to develope wisdom of your life and history