Creepiest dream I've ever had.

LadyOfAvalon

I dreamt that my mum and I were on holiday in America. (we're British). We were in a car in the middle of nowhere, my mum was driving, when we came to a long rural lane. My mum decided to go down it and see what was there. I had a really, REALLY bad feeling about it and didn't want to go but my mum didn't listen and as she was driving she made the decision.We found a college party in full swing at the end of the lane and my mum insisted on staying and joining the party.

Suddenly our pet horse was there and a middle-aged man asked if he could borrow him. My mum said yes and the man rode away on him. My mum and I got separated at the party and I spent my entire time there wandering around looking for her but I couldn't find her. I saw that my horse had been returned but had been badly treated. He was sweaty and breathing heavily and his head was hanging low. I was furious and went to look for the man who had borrowed him, but many of the people at the party looked almost identical, so I kept shouting at the wrong people before realising that they weren't him.

The morning came, people started leaving the party and still my mum was nowhere to be seen, and I was really worried so I called the police. They arrived and presented me with a woman who looked a bit like my mum, but wasn't actually her. I told them that she was not my mum but the police and the decoy woman insisted that she was her. At first I wondered if I had gone crazy, but the expressions on their faces told me that they knew she wasn't my mum and were trying to cover something up.

I involved the British authorities (since it was a dream they were just suddenly there) but when they arrived they backed up the Americans and said that the imposter woman was my mum. I was so creeped out and scared. I didn't know what had happened to my mum or why everyone was trying to cover it up. I phoned my sister to tell her what was happening but she didn't answer her phone. I was totally alone, surrounded by people who were trying to trick me.

Eventually I was alone in a room with the imposter woman, and I tried to persuade her to confess. She had a fake smile on her face as she tried to convince me that she was really my mum. I then punched the woman on the nose repeatedly and she finally confessed that she wasn't my mum. I think I woke up then.

LicoriceCat

This is so intense, good for you for remembering so many details, it is like a movie. Okay so I have been studying psychoanalytical dream analysis, so you need to provide us with the real life context that surrounded this dream and very importantly your relationship with your mother at the time of the dream.

LadyOfAvalon

Well, I've never had a very good relationship with her, I had to move back in with her due to illness and unemployment and it's really hard sometimes, if I do anything she doesn't like she sometimes barely speaks to me for days.