Dark house that eats light.

ChrisBubsy

I've had dreams during puberty where I was in our house but it was unnaturally dark in a sort of way where I can see everything around me but it's heavily veiled by a sort of endless sort of darkness I can't begin to explain. And every lamp I turn on is irrationally dim and only cuts maybe 1 or 2 feet through the dark. I get this sort of panic similar to the panic one feels during sleep paralysis as if I'm expecting to be haunted. I'm always alone in the house as well. Then at the peek of fear I open a door to the darkest room of all and on the farthest wall is a black shadow figure. That sends me over the top and I wake up.

James

Meaning of the major symbols

Our house was unnaturally dark: all mental beginnings are like that, unless its unnaturally prolonged
Every lamp you turn on is irrationally dim: it takes effort to see the truth where others want us to see things differently
You begin a sort of panic similar to the panic one feels during sleep paralysis: you can't seem to excerpt your will
You are expecting to be haunted: you will have regrets unless you do the right thing
I'm always alone in the house: the interconnectedness of everyone and all things has not yet dawned
Then at the peek of fear I open a door to the darkest room: approaching the light
That sends me over the top and I wake up: enlightenment!