Dream about a shell stuck in my mouth

Al1ce

Can any interpret my dream about a shell stuck on my mouth, it was stuck on my gum like a tooth and I tried to pull it, but it was strongly attached to me.

Last edited:

Lugus

This appears to be a positive dream.

I believe that many of our dreams, perhaps most, are feedback about the dreamer’s psychological/spiritual development. This is essentially what Edgar Cayce said.

Although a search of the internet can give possible meanings for a shell in the dreamer’s mouth, I believe that most of the interpretations miss the mark.

There are at least three approaches to the interpretation of this dream.

The first approach is to determine the significance of the shell by identifying the type of shell.
More specifically –
  • If it is a clam shell, the dream may be telling the dreamer to “clam up.”
  • If it is an oyster, this may be a reference to the pearl which is associated with the oyster.
  • If it is a conch shell, it may be symbolic or suggestive of a Hindu deity. Although there are several candidates, I believe that it refers to Lord Vishnu.
    • https://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/vishnu.asp “Vishnu means the giver and provider of things. In popular Hinduism, he is the preserver and upholder of dharma and part of the Hindu Trinity.”
    • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shankha
      • “A Shankha (conch shell) has religious ritual importance in Hinduism. It is the shell of any suitable sea snail which had a hole made for the performer's embouchure.”
      • “In Hindu history, the shankha is a sacred emblem of The Hindu preserver god Vishnu. It is still used as a trumpet in Hindu ritual, and in the past was used as a war trumpet. The shankha is praised in Hindu scriptures as a giver of fame, longevity and prosperity, the cleanser of sin and the abode of goddess Lakshmi, who is the goddess of prosperity and consort of Vishnu.”
    • https://www.exoticindiaart.com/article/the-conch-shell-or-the-shankha/ “According to Hindu mythology, the conch shell is a revered and sacred emblem of the Hindu god Vishnu, known as the Preserver. When blown, the sound heard from the conch shell is said to be symbolic of the sacred ‘Om’ sound and Vishnu, who’s always portrayed holding it in his right hand, is the god of sound. The shell also represents the home of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth who was also the consort of Lord Vishnu.”
But there is another approach to the interpretation of this dream.
The most reasonable interpretation is that it is a shamanistic dream. Why is this?
It is a shaman-type dream because the shell was strongly attached to the dreamer’s gum(?). So, what does this have to do with shamanism? It is common for a shaman or a shaman-to-be to have a dream, trance or even a vision where parts of his (or her) body is replaced with something(s) more durable. For examples, the heart might be replaced with a large ruby, or the bones might be changed into metallic bones such as iron or steel. Sometimes the shaman be given extra body parts such as additional fingers or even an internal organ such as an additional heart, liver or lungs.​

The third approach emphasizes the mouth. It could be related to the 5th chakra. “The vishuddha or throat chakra is the fifth of the seven main chakras, located at the base of the throat area. It governs self-expression, communication, and the ability to speak one's truth.” https://www.anahana.com/en/yoga/throat-chakra

To conclude, these approaches are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Nevertheless, I do believe that this is a positive dream with shamanistic overtones.

Hopes this helps and is not too confusing,
Lugus

Hi Al1ce,
Do you tend to keep your feelings to yourself and avoid people getting too close to you emotionally? Shells often symbolise the need to 'open up' and share our feelings in some way. This may be related to how you are feeling about an aspect of your reproductive system, or in parenting (as animals carry their young around with their teeth).
Does that resonate in any way?

Al1ce

Thank you yes both replies I can resonate with, I do tend to keep things to myself, and lost myself but found myself again through my spiritual awakening, I also was surprised shaman was mentioned, I opened up to this on my journey inwards, and have had some animals helping me like a mountain goat who helped me climb to the top of a mountain etc,
My visions are very vivid and adventure like but also training, I also had another dream since where I seen myself dead under a tree, It was frosty and I watched as the branch of a tree lowered a new heart into my chest, I woke with an immense feeling, I am really taking note of my dreams more now, they really do have a deep connection.
Thank you for the links they were very interesting to read, especially the Hindu trinity, I am seeing 3’s all the time in everything and the Lakota symbol I am still trying to figure out things, thank you

Last edited:
Thanks for your response - I'm glad it resonated. Very cool about your visions and animal spirit guides.

Your dream about seeing yourself dead under a tree is interesting. Usually when we see death in a dream, it's your Higher Self asking you to let some aspect of you die. As it was frosty and the branch is lowering a new heart into your chest, it's likely that the dream is asking you to open your heart and share more about your feelings. Frost is cold, and cold is often used as a metaphor for a tendency to be emotionally cold - i.e. not sharing what you're feeling.

On another note, the tree points at digestive/elimination issues that are linked to the above.

Hope that helps

:)

Olly

Al1ce

Thank you so much I totally agree, I do need to learn to express myself more, I think currently I am going through a seperation from my partner, I found myself through my awakening but he doesn’t appreciate or see me, I am looking forward to be myself, I am just waiting for him to move out, it’s strange because I had a dream also recently where I was trying to climb out the window, and a Buddha appeared and said “one must heal the inside before the outer” Iknow exactly what he means now, I must be myself and bring it outwards who I have found through my awakening, instead of being scared for judgement from my partner, I guess I am rdy but I just need for him to leave so I can breathe again. A little bird visited me recently in the garden and bowed its head to me and fluttered its wings out, I took it was a well done and soon u will be free!

Thanks so much for your reply. I love your dream about a Buddha appearing - this will be one of your guides, so how cool is that!?! When a guide appears in our dreams, we can take what they say literally, and there's no need for metaphorical interpretation.
Sending much light and love - go well on your journey!
:)