What's new

Dream ties-into previous night's news media-story.

DreamInsights

Active member
Not sure where to post this - I considered the 'Off-Topic' forum - as this dream related to current news-events.

Personally, it's extremly rare that I experience sleep-dreams related to current news events. I sesne this is larelgy due in-part to "tuning-out" so much of the dynamics of news.

Basically, my dream relates to an excellent Monday, June 15th news story done bt MS-NOW News Host, Rachael Maddow. This was actually, Maddow's opening news-story - the news-story being the reasons why the opening of the 'Gordie Howe Bridge' is being delayed - the bridge as a much-needed third link for traffic/trade across the Detroit River bewteen Detroit, and Windsor, Ont. Canada. In a nutshell, the bridge opening delay is brought upon by trade-disputes...enough said.

The dream is notable, as I don't live, or ever visited the Detroit-Windsor Region. The dream began on a foggy morning where I'm standing on the edge of the Detroit-side of the Gordie Howe bridge- the outline of the bridge clear even in the fog. A young middle age lady is walking by, and onto the bridge. I get into a brief (rather unassuming) conversation with this lady regarding the circumstances as to why this bridge opening has been delayed. To my surprise, short of shock, I observed this lady running onto the bridge, and dissapearing into the fog.

After I woke up, I asked myself, "why didn't this lady use the Ambassador Bridge walkway path crossing like everybody else??"
 

Lex

Active member
I have the anwser to that question
"you cannot walk across the Ambassador Bridge under normal circumstances. Although it originally featured a pedestrian sidewalk, foot and bicycle traffic. They have been prohibited since the 9/11 attacks due to security and safety concerns."
Mostly the brigde is in rough shape and with a few jumpers over the years.
Funny she was disappearing into the canadian fog 😆
 

DreamInsights

Active member
I have the anwser to that question
"you cannot walk across the Ambassador Bridge under normal circumstances. Although it originally featured a pedestrian sidewalk, foot and bicycle traffic. They have been prohibited since the 9/11 attacks due to security and safety concerns."
Mostly the brigde is in rough shape and with a few jumpers over the years.
Funny she was disappearing into the canadian fog 😆
I stand corrected: Why didn't his lady drive across the Ambassador Bridge like everybody else?

Common sense says to refrain from the foolishness of venturing onto routes not yet permitted for use e.g., to avoid legal troubles, avoid people who are up to no-good (who may have been this person).

The other thought just as I woke-up, this person's decisions are their problems!
 

DreamInsights

Active member
But the fun part is this question "why were you curious?"
To best answer the question, the curiousity might just have been a locale which can be framed as a minimalist, modern art scene, with the mytery of a person running into fog on a bridge.

I've had a few dreams of the Detroit / Windsor Region via the river perspectives after viewing film-maker Micheal Moore's documentaries, and his interviews with news-media with much interest - where Moore covered Canada, and the Detroit/Flint MI regions. Moore's 2011 book discussess Moore's life - the book had discussions on Moore earliest, and continued interest in Canada, as well as his hometown's larger regions.

As mentioned in original post, I have much interest in the viewing MS-NOW's Rachel Maddow who offers those refreshing, thoughtful views. Yes, I once had a dream where Racehl Maddow was advising me on writing a letter critical of one of our local agencies - a dream featuring Maddow's refreshing, thoughtful styles!

P.S. I must have had a couple of dreams over the years where I met, adn chatted with Michael Moore.
 
Last edited:
This is a funny topic for a dream! And I love the imagery of the lady running into the fog!

I have driven the Ambassador Bridge many, many times... my in-laws live in Windsor and I once lived just outside of Detroit! We still fly into Detroit to visit them as it's the closest airport. The topic of when the new bridge is opening has been discussed a lot in my in-laws family. :)
 
Top