Dreaming about falling asleep directly after falling asleep

bigHenk

Hi - I have a reoccurring dream directly after I fall asleep. I dream that I fell asleep while reading my kindle and need to wake up to put kindle away and turn my light off.
When I wake up to do this I realise that I have done it already and was just dreaming.
This is normally within minutes after I fell asleep. Sort of a mini power nap and then I am awake and can't sleep again.
On average 3-4 times a week.
Anybody had similar dreams and any ideals how to deal with this?

Bruce001

Could this be caused by anxiety about damaging your kindle when falling asleep while reading it? It falling on the floor or it getting crushed when you turn in your sleep etc.

Perhaps your brain is in a sort of feedback loop that repeats thoughts about these actions. It might help to say out loud, "I am turning off my Kindle. I am putting it away. Now is the time to sleep." You could even take a picture of the Kindle in its correct place and look at it before you sleep.

bigHenk

Perhaps your brain is in a sort of feedback loop that repeats thoughts about these actions. It might help to say out loud, "I am turning off my Kindle. I am putting it away. Now is the time to sleep." You could even take a picture of the Kindle in its correct place and look at it before you sleep.
Going to try it. Thanks Lyn!