Dreams Physically Affect Me

CoffeePlease

Hi

Completely new, looking for some answers to see if anyone else experiences or knows what's happening to me...

Briefly my dream last night consisted of me being in a WW2 type setting on horseback. The enemy charged at us making me dive off my horse and lay on my front. One enemy gets off his horse and is shooting those still alive of the floor. He comes towards me with his rifle, looking for signs of life. I am dead still at this point desperately trying not to breath, holding my breath trying not to blink. I'll be shot if I move an inch.

I suddenly wake up gasping for air, breathing soo fast and I don't know how long I've held my breath for in my sleep.

Ive had previous dreams similar for example someone throwing a knife in my back. I woke up with my shoulders seized and cramp between them in agony thinking I really had been stabbed as I felt the pain.

Anyone else experienced similar? Why am I being physically affected?!

Hello Coffee.
Is there anyone in your life, whom you consider to be an enemy or adversary?
Have you heard of or read Wild at Heat and Captivating by John Eldredge?

CoffeePlease

Hi

No I don't really know of anyone that I'm real enemies with, that I know of anyway!

And I've not read those books? Do they have similar scenarios? Or do you recommend I read them?

Love2Dream

Hi

Completely new, looking for some answers to see if anyone else experiences or knows what's happening to me...

Briefly my dream last night consisted of me being in a WW2 type setting on horseback. The enemy charged at us making me dive off my horse and lay on my front. One enemy gets off his horse and is shooting those still alive of the floor. He comes towards me with his rifle, looking for signs of life. I am dead still at this point desperately trying not to breath, holding my breath trying not to blink. I'll be shot if I move an inch.

I suddenly wake up gasping for air, breathing soo fast and I don't know how long I've held my breath for in my sleep.

Ive had previous dreams similar for example someone throwing a knife in my back. I woke up with my shoulders seized and cramp between them in agony thinking I really had been stabbed as I felt the pain.

Anyone else experienced similar? Why am I being physically affected?!
Hello,

In both dreams it’s your back that stands out to me. There is something you are not wanting to face and deal with.

When a person will not deal with trauma or a problem, it manifests into physical pain and health problems. I know this from experience and have woken up with pain on different parts of my body. I was stabbed in a dream and felt the pain in my stomach when I woke up. It happens to a lot of people who have experienced trauma. Unresolved trauma causes nightmares.

This war you’re in……. you stated, “the enemy charged at US”. Maybe someone is carrying you or trying to help you get through it (horse). Or maybe the horse represents your own strength in dealing with it, but you had to jump off and get down (retreat).

Are your parents fighting or possibly siblings? and drag you into the drama and you try to avoid it?

If life is good then I say you’re watching to many scary, war, Erie movies and they are causing these dreams. Good luck!!!!!