Falling, flying, water, alligators

DammitDog

I don't recall the full details. In part, some of the dream involved work life but not as a direct theme. I was in this town with features of both a large and small town. I was on a walkway by a river and going in the water. I don't recall if it was purposely or not. I shot out abruptly b/c of alligators in the water. Somehow I wound up high in the air, as if I'd jumped from a plane. I was over this river and Lake that were surrounded by this City. The view was incredible. I began falling but found to my surprise that flapping my arms kept me aloft and able to make a controlled descent. It seems like I was talking to someone, like a friend on the ground describing the sight. As I looked down, I could see full two story houses in tact deep beneath the surface of the lake. There was one area I wanted to land by to explore. It was taking quite a while to fall. I wasn't too worried about falling from the sky after learning I could control it somewhat. As I got closer to the part of the lake I wanted to see I was getting blown off course over really shallow water and worried it wasn't deep enough for me to fall into from that height. I was able to course correct though to a better spot. I landed, I guess, and the dream went on. The rest was me wandering around this town. I knew it in the dream but not as anywhere I know in real life. I was in a work environment at one point but details of it escape me. Nothing stood out too much. I traveled some more around this town, and was at a place that may have been my home or something and had people around me - friends and family but again nothing distinctive or specific people from real life. As I try to recall it I feel like the person I talked to was a real life friend who was for some reason never actually in the dream with me that I recall. It's odd to me that such a vaguely recalled dream is at the same time sticking with me. There was something about that lake and fall but I'm not quite sure what.

Painter4Life

It appears that you are a very grounded person. That is to say you seem to have a solid understanding of life and the life around you. You have a spiritual guide and you may cultivate this relationship if you wish. Probably within the next year your life will become more involved with new surroundings. Something like moving out on your own, changing jobs or moving to another city. there's more there but that's the jest of it.

DammitDog

I decided to add on to this thread since my dreams have been sort of similar since. I really need to start keeping a journal again as many things seem significant when I wake up and then fade. Many of my dreams since have involved work and home but have been in totally different places than in real life. Two fairly recent ones stand out. One was about a week ago and involved my home - in a changing older neighborhood and lots of neighbors who I was once friends with but have been a bit of an outcast from for many years now. In the dream, my neighborhood was the one I grew up in back in my hometown. There were new neighbors who I sort of knew and in dealing with them, reconnected eventually with my other neighbors (who I really don't respect or want to be around IRL). I don't recall what all happened in the dream, just the location, people and a bit of the vibe. At any rate, I reconnected with these other neighbors and we sort of moved fwd. I don't recall what, but something happened and I was uncertain of the outcome of whatever it was. I was sitting by myself at a picnic table outside and I heard a booming disembodied voice say "DEAD, DEAD, DEAD" I felt like it was talking about people. I immediately woke up. I tried to recall who the people I'd been interacting with just before that in the dream were but only recalled that they weren't immediate family. I think they were current neighbors. I'll say here that I've only heard a voice like that in a dream once before. About six months before finding out I had very serious health issues (and having to be resuscitated during my hospitalization - my family still owns that house). I dreamed of a different childhood home. It was said to be cursed. Every family that lived in it suffered a tragic accident, resulting in a death (including mine). Weird things happened in it often and most people just feel uncomfortable in it. I woke on the sofa in a dream and things were levitating across the room. I thought no, this can't be real and woke up, on that sofa from the 80s in that living room. I thought thank god, it was just a dream. Weird stuff still happening though and I heard a disembodied voice tell me that the house wasn't done and not to go back in it alone. 6/7 months later, my heart stopped. Needless to say hearing that voice again in a dream woke me right up last week and creeped me out for a day or so. My dreams since have been in seemingly the same area (like a dreamscape version of my neighborhood)
I have a neighbor (not associated with the aforementioned neighbors - they don't mix either) who was my closest friend for many years until he just up & ghosted me. Last night, he appeared in a dream, although not with any direct interaction. He was just somewhere that I was also. He was leaving and I was trying to avoid running into him, despite being curious why he was there and where he was going. I was leaving and followed another friend through a garden. Along this path, I saw two snaked between us, both copperheads. I warned her as one struck towards her. It almost flew like an arrow (not a natural real world strike) and just barely missed her. The other one struck at me in a similar style. I thought to freeze and hope it would just shoot past me. It got caught in my untucked t-shirt tail though and started up my belly. I threw my arm across my belly to keep it from climbing up. I woke up in a panic right as I think it was either about to or did bite me. Once I recalled the friend who ghosted me in the dream, I thought maybe there's a link between him and the snake.

Last edited:

dreamguidehub

Hello, interpreting dreams is generally quite challenging. It is more accurate to interpret these dreams by breaking them down into words or focusing on the most prominent object in the dream. Our interpretation for the alligator in this context is as follows:
Dream Guide Hub | Alligator Dream Meaning