Finding a Path

I am in a writing class far from home. The teacher reminds me a bit of Deanna Fouin. (Jungian therapist I had years ago). We are staying in a dorm of sorts. Deanna asks us to take a suitcase, put things in it, and leave it on a path. I must say, this is a beautiful place. It is hilly and on the ocean. There is a lovely, winding path through grain or golden grasses. I leave my suitcase there. There is another woman with me who reminds me of a paraprofessional from L.Leo Judice a school I served as speech therapist. Pam, I think her name was; she was artistic. I go to class and we are supposed to write. Now I can’t quite put my finger on it, but maybe to write something about our journey. We are complaining about this unorthodox class. Deanna has to go, so a man takes over the class. I don’t have any associations with him. He is a bit stoic and expressionless.
I tell the teacher I don’t think I can find my bag. He sends some people with me to look. One is a male friend of Elsebeth’s, my Danish musician friend. I try to find the path, but I cannot. At one point, we end up beside a neo-classical facade of a building. I am disturbed that I can’t find the path or my bag. My dad is supposed to come visit or call, but he doesn’t. I call home a bunch of times. Finally, Peyton (great nephew, classical cello musician) answers on a video call, he is a bit perturbed. He says Nana (my mother) shouldn’t have just taken off like that. He is alone there. He sees I have called many times.
Finally, I send Pam to retrieve the suitcase. She knows where it is, she saw me place it.
North Carolina, a state I often visit, and love, is woven through this dream. There is an invitation to move there, maybe Dee (my husband) wants to move there. I do not, I feel the winters will be too cold. (I live in Louisiana.) Any thoughts folks?

In the Jungian interpretation, this dream vividly represents the individuation process, during which you actively engage with your personal and collective unconscious.
  • The writing class, far from home and guided by a figure reminiscent of your past therapist, Deanna, symbolizes an introspective journey into the deeper aspects of your psyche.
  • This journey involves creatively exploring your inner world, represented by the task of filling a suitcase and leaving it on a path.
  • The suitcase here may symbolize the personal qualities, experiences, or unresolved issues you are ready to examine and transform as part of your growth.
  • The beautiful, winding path through golden grasses near the ocean reflects the journey of life, which is filled with beauty and potential but also with uncertainty and the need to navigate carefully.
    The presence of figures from your past, such as Pam, an artistic influence, suggests integrating various aspects of your personality, including the creative and nurturing parts.
  • Losing the path and the suitcase indicates moments of disorientation or loss of direction in your quest for self-discovery. This can also represent the fear of losing parts of your identity or the aspects of life you have packed away in your "suitcase."
  • The stoic man who takes over the class may represent the animus, the masculine aspect of your psyche. This may encourage a more structured approach to exploration.
  • The concern about your father's absence and the disturbance it causes in the dream points to unresolved paternal issues or the longing for stability and guidance.
  • Peyton's perturbed reaction in the dream might highlight feelings of neglect or misunderstanding within family dynamics.
  • The invitation to move to North Carolina, juxtaposed with your reluctance due to fear of cold winters, symbolizes the internal conflict between embracing new opportunities and the comfort of the familiar.
The dream suggests a deep yearning for growth and exploration and a hesitation to leave behind the known and comfortable. It encourages embracing the journey of self-exploration, acknowledging the importance of creative expression, and integrating various aspects of your psyche to achieve wholeness. The challenges and hesitations faced along the way are part of the individuation process, leading toward personal development and fulfillment.