Forums vs Facebook

dreamforum

Staff member
What are your thoughts on Forums vs Facebook Groups vs Reddit, etc.?

What is your preferred platform to interact with others? Do you use multiple platforms for different reasons?

If there was a dream forum and a dream Facebook Group, and both were equally engaging, which would you prefer to use?

Sauron

I personally don't like Facebook in general, but Reddit is a bit of a mixed bag. Some of the subreddits are great with amazing people while others can be quite bad. It's really hit or miss with Reddit from personal experience.

That being said, if I had to choose between a forum or Facebook Group, I would choose the forum personally. Facebook is easier for quick and easy engagement, but forums tend to be more structured and organized overall. That's how I see it and why I prefer forums myself.

Could always try a Facebook Group though. If memory serves, the owner of the group can delete it at any point if it doesn't gain any traction.

dreamforum

Staff member
I personally don't like Facebook in general, but Reddit is a bit of a mixed bag. Some of the subreddits are great with amazing people while others can be quite bad. It's really hit or miss with Reddit from personal experience.

That being said, if I had to choose between a forum or Facebook Group, I would choose the forum personally. Facebook is easier for quick and easy engagement, but forums tend to be more structured and organized overall. That's how I see it and why I prefer forums myself.

Could always try a Facebook Group though. If memory serves, the owner of the group can delete it at any point if it doesn't gain any traction.
Great feedback, thank you.

We actually have a Facebook Group and (newly recreated) Reddit Community but have never advertised or used them, mainly because this forum is our primary platform. However, if we actively used all three community platforms, it may generate cross-platform interaction.

I'll post the links here to both of them and see what happens. This forum will continue to be our main focus though!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/headfordreams
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/headfordreams/

Would only use social media, to contact the dream forum/website, were the forum to crash, like that of the dream moods forum.
For dreams, i would stick to the forum, and not publish them on social media.

Chantress333

I’m part of a tarot reading exchange group on Facebook. There is no money involved in the process. We just create a post, ask a question and exchange readings with one person. It’s all done in the group no private messages, it’s to protect us from scammers.

If there was something like this done in regards to dream interpretation I would be down with it. Interpretations takes time. When I was doing dream interpretations on dreammoods, there weren’t many thankyous that came from the OPs.