Gargoyles in the bedroom

I had been aggravated for several months by noise from a neighbor. On October 14, 2020, a boisterous backyard gathering dispersed shortly after 10 p.m. but my anxiety kept me awake until about 4 a.m.

At approximately 5:15 I was awakened by a light. To my left, what had been a shuttered window was now a blank wall softly lit with a slight yellowish tinge, as if illuminated by candlelight.

Then, near the top of the wall, appeared the living head of a monster, like a cathedral gargoyle. The beastly head was replaced by another after a couple of seconds, then followed by another. This happened five or six times. One head had glowing eyes. Another appeared to be a cross between a man and a lion. Then the heads disappeared.

I turned to my right to turn on a light and make notes. When I looked back, the shuttered windows had returned.

While this vision might be related to my anxiety, this seems to be a spectacular display for something as mundane as a noisy neighbor. Perhaps the event released demons from my subconscious. Did I purge beasts from my mind only to release them into the world?

I looked up gargoyles on Wikipedia. One section noted “gargoyles are said to protect what they guard, such as a church, from any evil or harmful spirits” but another passage said “The primary use of the gargoyle was to illustrate evil through the form of the gargoyle.”

Gargoyle_Sal.jpg