Hotels and elevators

Hey all
Keep having dreams about staying in a hotel. Some of them have been at the beach and others i can only assume are in regular cities. Everytime im at a hotel in my dream, I always seem to need to use the elevator. More times then not, there will be alot of people waiting for the elevator, and it will be taking a long time. I usually end up in the stairwell and always seem to need to descend to ground level... But i dont ususally get there. I do meet interesting people along the way.
If i do manage to get on an elevator, it never takes me to the right floor. Im always searching for the elevator that has the specific floor i need to go too, but can never find that either.... Sometimes i need to get back to the room or to check out, but can never get there as im continuously wandering around the hotel trying to find my way. Im never feeling scared or angry in my dreams, maybe a bit frustrated.
Can anyone offer some insight

Elevator
To dream that you are ascending in an elevator represents a rise to status and wealth.
You may have risen to a higher level of consciousness and are looking at the world from an elevated viewpoint.
If the elevator is moving upward in an out of control fashion or it crashes through the roof, then it indicates that you are being catapulted to a position of power in which you do not yet know how to deal with.
You are afraid of the new responsibilities ahead for you.
Descending in an elevator suggests that you are being grounded or coming back down to reality.
It also signifies setbacks and misfortunes.
In general, the up and down action of the elevator represents the ups and downs of your life.
It also symbolizes emotions and thoughts that are emerging out of and submerging into your subconscious.
Alternatively, the dream may have sexual connotations.
To dream that the elevator is out of order or that it is not letting you off symbolizes that your emotions have gotten out of control.
It may be a reflection of your life or your career.
You are feeling stuck in some aspect of your life, whether it is your career, relationship, etc.
To dream that the elevator is moving sideways means that your efforts are counterproductive.
You are going nowhere in your work, relationship or other situation.

Taken from the Dream Moods dictionary.