I dream a lot about a boy I dated when I was 11? Lmao help

sadigali

Hello!
When I was 11 I dated this boy for a few months and then broke up. When I was 13 we switched school and I haven't seen or really thought about him since, and I'm 20 today.
About 1 year ago the dreams started. He was usually only in my dreams when a lot of the others classmates were. He was not the subject of the dream. Later, he became a big part of them. I started dreaming about him about twice a month this summer. In the beginning it was only me loving him and him not really paying attention. In September I started dreaming about him once a week. He was there, we were friends or at least knew each other. We did stuff together with our friends from a long time ago. Nowadays I dream about him the majority of the week. Last dream I had we were cuddling and hanging out. He likes me and I like him. It's not sexual or anything, and I think we're both of age (lets be honest, I would not enjoy dreaming about being in love with a child when I'm an adult...). This morning I woke up and realized I almost love him. And it's so weird because it's not like he does anything in particular in these dreams, I was just in love with him since the first time I dreamt of him for real.

But the weird thing is every time I wake up I feel like I miss him. Like I want to meet him and hang out. I have dreamt about him a lot when I'm with my current boyfriend as well and it's starting to affect my relationship when I wake up longing for another man. It's really weird. Had anyone else had these dreams? And what did you do? I have friends who know him today and sometimes I think about maybe meeting him just show myself that he is not the man of my dreams (ha-ha).

Morva

Something close but not quite as intense as you happened to me too. I realized that there was a quality that the man I was dreaming about had that my current boyfriend did not have. I don’t mean the dream version but the actual version I dated. This quality is what kept pulling the old boyfriend up in my dreams. It was like my body was craving that quality and so it kept reminding me that it existed. So it ended up not being the actual guy I was missing just this one attribute. Once that was fixed I stopped dreaming of the ex. Is there something that you remember from that old boyfriend that made that relationship unique or special in a way?

sadigali

Morva said:
Something close but not quite as intense as you happened to me too. I realized that there was a quality that the man I was dreaming about had that my current boyfriend did not have. I don’t mean the dream version but the actual version I dated. This quality is what kept pulling the old boyfriend up in my dreams. It was like my body was craving that quality and so it kept reminding me that it existed. So it ended up not being the actual guy I was missing just this one attribute. Once that was fixed I stopped dreaming of the ex. Is there something that you remember from that old boyfriend that made that relationship unique or special in a way?

We were so young when we dated that I don't even count it as an actual relationship and i barely remember anything. But what I've heard about him today is that he is a ****boy, which I am not attracted to but my boyfriend is extremely clingy. He acts like I am the only thing in his life and sometimes I feel he's obsessed with me. It's cute in some aspects but it's really suffocating me a little. Maybe I am actually just dreaming about this guy because I've heard he's a ****boy and in my dreams I do tend to dream that he does not care about me heaps. He still does, but just not a lot. Maybe it's the fact that my boyfriend is so clingy that makes me dream about someone who's more distant and he just happens to be the right person. Thank you for your response, it's really worth looking into.

sadigali

aussie_musician said:
Ok, so 9 years ago you dated a boy.
Are you dreaming of him, to compensate for what you have with current boyfriend ?

I don't know. It could be the case but I'm mostly wondering if anyone else had these sort of dreams and what they "meant" for them. The person above mentioned why they dreamt about an ex and I guess that can actually be really true for me too.