I Had The Most Bizzare Dream Ever

ijwlasly

So it started off with a mysterious figure with wings coming to my window, and it told me that i was going to become like one of their kind. My girlfriend kept going to the toilet nude and i was scolding her because she had no decency in my house, and she weirdly felt like a demon because she had no shame. Now i don’t really want to date this girl anymore because she’s obsessed with me and she’s too clingy.

I then told my family that I had to grow wings and they were trying to kill me and they did not accept me. They tried to stab my shoulders with a 2 large needles stuck in shoes and said that will be my wings. Of course it didn’t stay inside and i didn’t feel any pain. and then it came to me.. i realised i knew what to do. I jumped out of the window and I SOMEHOW knew my wings were gonna come out because that very action happened in another dream.

So I cried and knew that I had no family to return to after that. I flew to my old house and saw my room, still in the same condition but with some other woman living in there. I wanted to go in, but she was entering the room and I did not want to get caught. The funny thing is, I don’t have an old house so that was weird, but my room is in that old house. I felt so much comfort seeing it and what I felt is I knew I’ll miss my time there, as I flew away, not knowing about my next destination.

When I landed, I found myself at my ex-girlfriend’s window. I saw her as she was setting up her room for Christmas. Somehow, I didn’t feel the hatred I had for her for cheating on me, and she seemed kind of surprised and happy that it may have been me because once she saw me outside she said “John? John?! Is that you??” And her tone was one where it seemed like she was comfortable seeing me after a year. Weird thing is her new boyfriend wasn’t there. I flew downstairs because I didn’t want to be found out but she immediately knew it was me when I landed there. She came down with her grandmother and her grandmother fed me with her cooking and I cried because I missed it so much. I asked her how she was and everything just felt like a closure to my wound. She went off and I just felt warm, yet sad that I’ll never get to see her again.

In the next scene I saw my cousin near my ex’s house, and I told him I was this angelic/demonic thing with wings and that my parents threw me out. He wanted to see my fly but I couldn’t show anyone else. Eventually I showed him but I flew away, not returning back.

I realised that I wasn’t flying anymore and I was now in a van, with my ex’s cousin and my friend. He was sending me back home and halfway, we got into an accident. Someone almost died and our van hit the other car quite badly which ended up flipping on us, but we weren’t hurt.

I remember when this mysterious figure told me I was going to become like them, it also told me that I would die as a human eventually and permanently become their ‘kind’. So it felt like I wanted to do everything I could without regrets before dying. I was gonna text my crush and tell her that I liked her, but strangely I still didn’t have the balls to do it.

I had a large sum of cash under my pillow in real life and I remembered it in my dreams. I called my little brother to take it and keep it in a safe place for me in case my parents took it. He asked why and I told him that ‘Dad and Mom doesn’t accept me anymore’. He couldn’t hear the first time so I repeated it louder, and that’s where I woke up.

It felt weird, scary, and kind of warm because it was so vivid. Having the power to fly. Seeing things I’m not supposed to see like people living in their houses through their window. Seeing my ex-girlfriend and her family again. The only scary thing is that my parents looked at me with such hatred and they said they never should’ve birthed me, and wanted to kill me.

This is the first time I’m sharing my dream online, and I hope someone would be so kind enough to tell me if there’s any hidden meaning in this dream because I always have these kind of dreams and I could never interpret it. Thank you so much.

AnthonyGiarrusso

Not the content, but the structure of the dream is a lot like my dreams. Maybe there is no meaning to the dream, but maybe it is a newly created world where everything in the dream was real, but the world is destroyed when you wake up from it. It is a temporary short-term world that only lasts from the beginning of the dream to the end of the dream. It was real and that is why we remember, but the world was temporary and doesn't exist anymore and that is why we can't go back to that world lost in the dream.

barkoff

So it started off with a mysterious figure with wings coming to my window, and it told me that i was going to become like one of their kind. My girlfriend kept going to the toilet nude and i was scolding her because she had no decency in my house, and she weirdly felt like a demon because she had no shame. Now i don’t really want to date this girl anymore because she’s obsessed with me and she’s too clingy.

I then told my family that I had to grow wings and they were trying to kill me and they did not accept me. They tried to stab my shoulders with a 2 large needles stuck in shoes and said that will be my wings. Of course it didn’t stay inside and i didn’t feel any pain. and then it came to me.. i realised i knew what to do. I jumped out of the window and I SOMEHOW knew my wings were gonna come out because that very action happened in another dream.

So I cried and knew that I had no family to return to after that. I flew to my old house and saw my room, still in the same condition but with some other woman living in there. I wanted to go in, but she was entering the room and I did not want to get caught. The funny thing is, I don’t have an old house so that was weird, but my room is in that old house. I felt so much comfort seeing it and what I felt is I knew I’ll miss my time there, as I flew away, not knowing about my next destination.

When I landed, I found myself at my ex-girlfriend’s window. I saw her as she was setting up her room for Christmas. Somehow, I didn’t feel the hatred I had for her for cheating on me, and she seemed kind of surprised and happy that it may have been me because once she saw me outside she said “John? John?! Is that you??” And her tone was one where it seemed like she was comfortable seeing me after a year. Weird thing is her new boyfriend wasn’t there. I flew downstairs because I didn’t want to be found out but she immediately knew it was me when I landed there. She came down with her grandmother and her grandmother fed me with her cooking and I cried because I missed it so much. I asked her how she was and everything just felt like a closure to my wound. She went off and I just felt warm, yet sad that I’ll never get to see her again.

In the next scene I saw my cousin near my ex’s house, and I told him I was this angelic/demonic thing with wings and that my parents threw me out. He wanted to see my fly but I couldn’t show anyone else. Eventually I showed him but I flew away, not returning back.

I realised that I wasn’t flying anymore and I was now in a van, with my ex’s cousin and my friend. He was sending me back home and halfway, we got into an accident. Someone almost died and our van hit the other car quite badly which ended up flipping on us, but we weren’t hurt.

I remember when this mysterious figure told me I was going to become like them, it also told me that I would die as a human eventually and permanently become their ‘kind’. So it felt like I wanted to do everything I could without regrets before dying. I was gonna text my crush and tell her that I liked her, but strangely I still didn’t have the balls to do it.

I had a large sum of cash under my pillow in real life and I remembered it in my dreams. I called my little brother to take it and keep it in a safe place for me in case my parents took it. He asked why and I told him that ‘Dad and Mom doesn’t accept me anymore’. He couldn’t hear the first time so I repeated it louder, and that’s where I woke up.

It felt weird, scary, and kind of warm because it was so vivid. Having the power to fly. Seeing things I’m not supposed to see like people living in their houses through their window. Seeing my ex-girlfriend and her family again. The only scary thing is that my parents looked at me with such hatred and they said they never should’ve birthed me, and wanted to kill me.

This is the first time I’m sharing my dream online, and I hope someone would be so kind enough to tell me if there’s any hidden meaning in this dream because I always have these kind of dreams and I could never interpret it. Thank you so much.
I thought I had weird dream. Wish I could help. You're definitely on a dream level above me. Good luck.

Lugus

Part 1 --

There is a lot going on in this dream – some positive and some not-so-positive.

I don’t claim to understand all of this dream, but I do have a few ideas.

Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are from Man and His Symbols https://antilogicalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/man-and-his-symbols.pdf

A couple of noteworthy points:
  • The sequence on events is often important in a dream. A beneficial dream event is often follows or precedes another positive dream event. The reverse is also true.
  • Many of our more powerful and remembered dreams will typically contain images/archetypes from the collective unconscious. This would include mythological or religious images. As Jung stated, “The collective unconscious-so far as we can say anything about it at all-appears to consist of mythological motifs or primordial images, for which reason the myths of all nations are its real exponents. In fact, the whole of mythology could be taken as a sort of projection of the collective unconscious. We can therefore study the collective unconscious in two ways, either in mythology or in the analysis of the individual.” https://jungcurrents.com/jung-collective-unconscious-mythology
Now for the dream --

Flying in a dream is almost always a good sign.
The “mysterious figure with wings” who came to the dreamer’s window may actually be a real spiritual being – another good sign.

The dreamer’s ex-girlfriend went to the toilet nude.
  • Using the ideas of Carl Jung, she is probably a symbol of the dreamer’s anima. The anima is always female and is only found in the psyche (and dreams) of men. The anima has the potential of going through four stages of development.
  • “The first stage is best symbolized by the figure of Eve, which represents purely instinctual and biological relations. The second can be seen in Faust's Helen: She personifies a romantic and aesthetic level that is, however, still characterized by sexual elements. The third is represented, for instance, by the Virgin Mary a figure who raises love eros to the heights of spiritual devotion. The fourth type is symbolized by Sapientia, wisdom transcending even the most holy and the most pure. Of this another symbol is the Shulamite in the Song of Solomon. (In the psychic development of modern man this stage is rarely reached. The Mona Lisa comes nearest to such a wisdom anima.) p 185-186
  • Her going to the toilet is another good sign. It is a good sign because the bathroom has two primary functions: cleansing and elimination. However, our dreams are usually meant to be symbolic. Therefore, she is removing any unclean parts of herself. (This is not meant that she was particularly unclean. It merely meant that she went through the process of using the bathroom, presumably, for elimination.)
  • And she is nude. Nudity in a dream can be a good sign. This is because dream clothing can represent the persona. The persona is the mask that most of us use to hide who we really are. Her nudity means that we see the anima as she really is.
If we continue using the methods of Jung, the dreamer’s family may be additional archetypes from the collective unconscious; however, it may be that they represent the dreamer’s real-life family – not too sure.

I’m also not too sure why they want to kill the dreamer, but violent dream people are not exactly common in a dream but, they are also not extremely rare in dream. Their violence is consistence with a Jungian approach.

The dreamer’s family is trying to stab him in the shoulders with needles stuck in shoes. This probably means that they want to curtail the dreamer’s psychological/spiritual development.

The dreamer flew to his old house and his room, but another woman was living there. This “other woman” may be a symbol of the dreamer’s anima who replaced the ex-girlfriend anima.

Last edited:

Lugus

Part 2 --

He next flew back to his ex-girlfriend. She seemed to have changed – for the better. Additionally, it is apparently the Christmas season.
  • Christmas is an important holiday for billions of people. (FYI – In terms of the number of followers, Christianity is the number one religion with 2.382 billion adherents in 2020. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations )
  • In addition to its being a Christian holiday, Christmas is the approximate date of the winter solstice with the death of the old sun and the birth of the new sun. It is a time of rebirth, regeneration, and renewal.
  • There may have been a Christmas tree. In dream symbolism, a tree is almost always it a good sign. It often signifies the psychological/spiritual growth of the dreamer; however, it can also symbolize the backbone/Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna Nadis (or sometimes just the Sushumna Nadi). These Nadis are associated with Prana and Kundalini.
  • Any spherical ornaments can symbolize the Self.
  • Her new boyfriend was not there. The two of them may represent the divine union, the sacred marriage etc. It is the joining of opposites which would be another good sign. His not being there may be an issue.
  • Her grandmother fed the dreamer, and the food was great -- another good sign. The grandmother, along with the ex-girlfriend and the “other woman,” may be part of a female trinity -- the triple goddess of maiden, woman, and crone. This triple goddess is addressed in numerous sites such as https://www.mabonhouse.co/new-blog/the-triple-goddess-nbspthe-maiden-mother-amp-crone and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Goddess_(Neopaganism). Unfortunately, the grandmother left, and the dreamer was sad that he would “never get to see her again.” Her leaving is probably not a good sign.

The dreamer saw his cousin at his ex’s house. He sounds like he may be a symbol of the dreamer’s shadow.
  • The first human archetype that usually shows itself in our dreams is the shadow. The shadow is always the same sex as the dreamer and is, in some way, the opposite of the dreamer. For example, sometimes the dreams of very devoted Christians will show someone who is crude or even violent. But sometimes the shadow is a person who is not violent but is still different. I remember the dream of a young woman whose shadow was a woman with very old-fashioned taste in clothing.
  • “Whether the shadow becomes our friend or enemy depends largely upon ourselves. …. In fact, he is exactly like any human being with whom one has to get along, sometimes by giving in, sometimes by resisting, sometimes by giving love whatever the situation requires. The shadow becomes hostile only when he is ignored or misunderstood.” P173
  • “So, whatever form it takes, the function of the shadow is to represent the opposite side of the ego and to embody just those qualities that one dislikes most in other people.” P173
The dreamer was in a traffic accident. His ex’s cousin and a friend were in the van with him, but no one was injured. I’m not too sure about the significance of the accident; however, in general a traffic accident is not a good sign. It suggests that the dreamer’s psyche is internally conflicted. One group consists of the dreamer’s ego and his allies while the other group has issues with the first group. Thus, the dreamer’s ego did not die. (FYI – for a Jungian, the ego is the center of the dreamer’s consciousness.)

The dreamer remembers that the mysterious figure had told him that he (the dreamer) was going to die. I do not believe that this “death” refers to a real-life physical death. It is much more likely that this death is the death of the ego. The death of the ego is almost always a good sign in a dream.

Hope this helps and is not too confusing.
Lugus

I told my parents I had wings and they were trying to kill me and not accept me. I am curious about your relationship to your parents. Is there something you want to do that is being stifled? Or is this possibly a sort of coming of age where, "you can't go home again?"