Idiot Suicidal Biker Offs Himself

mr1992

Hey there,

I've had a strange dream that I need some help deciphering:

It was preceded by a dream that was at a different location though I know them to be separate; I was driving around in a car (not mine, but an affordable, sturdy one, probably a bit older model) on a country road which I knew to be in the area I live in but didn't bear any resemblance to anything that actually exists. At any rate, I was behind a motorcyclist (I think some cares carelessly overtook him on the way there, but I'm not too sure) and we came upon a railway crossing, gates down. A train drove past, part freight train, part passenger train; the last carriage was a cargo platform; the train came to a halt halfway through the crossing, said carriage obstructing the way. Still, the gates came up and that idiot biker raced ahead as if in a race, only to bump into the cargo carriage and be thrown of his motorbike. The train the began moving and the bloke got onto the tracks, not moving (he was wearing a helmet and gear so I couldn't identify him). Just when the train left, another came, slowly rolling over him. I averted my eyes because I don't quite need to see this, and looked out the side window. Someone was standing there, clearly not my race and freaking out (understandably); I opened my door and offered that they (don't remember whether it was a man or a woman) jump in and calm down again; there was nothing to be done about the dead biker. Never did find out what decision that person would've taken as my alarm clock decided to rudely interrupt my dream.

Now, I don't have much (anything) to do with motorbikes and the railway crossing doesn't exist in the area like this, either. Just thought I'd say that. I'm always lucid when I dream (to the uncomfortable point of actually feeling pain), if that's any help. It felt a bit odd (also because of the mumbo-jumbo stuff that happened before in the other dream), and I did have to laugh when the biker sped off like an idiot, which was so obviously bound to result in a crash. Didn't expect him not to get up, though, and also not to slowly be crushed by a train he could've avoided easily.

Thanks in advance for your help in puzzling this one out! :)

mr1992

I don't know to be honest, he was, at any rate, hell-bent on taking himself out it seems - it was glaringly obvious that there was something in the way, and he sped into it anyway. It appears as if he really didn't see it; I think that's what it's connected to - running into a strikingly obvious barrier that you must wait out before you can move. I just don't quite understand how the rest fits in - I was the car behind him, and why was he crushed slowly? Is that to drive home the point that he/one/I should see these things coming? I presume, deriving from his anonymity, that he perhaps is signifying society at large being too stupid to realise one thing, being goaded by a presumed sight of a clear path, only to be thrown off by leftover deadweight drifting by. Then, stunned, they're unable to escape the slowly approaching doom that awaits them at this crossing, or arguably crossroads. Or it's something more personal, such as a project/life, and not rushing ahead when you can't see clearly, and then be run over by a train when you're stunned from your obvious failure. Though I don't know who that person next to the car is supposed to be, or what it represents. Getting more people on board in the face of potential chaos for the project? Offering protection to total strangers in case of a societal nosedive and not let them go crazy? Both strange options tbh. I'm missing some puzzle piece.

hmmm, do you think this dream is teaching you something, for you to be aware of ?
are you a stubborn person, as in, him speeding so fast, not so much wanting to take himself "out".
is there something in your life, that you're not seeing?
that person at your door, did you see him/her before the crash?

mr1992

Good question - I wouldn't call myself stubborn, I do like to argue but change my ways if convinced that what I'm doing is wrong and am continually trying to improve myself. So, Idk. You see, in the dream, it was especially the idiocy of the other that was puzzling and humorous as well as bewildering to see; the path was clearly blocked, there was an obvious malfunction, and he still sped ahead, from a standstill. And that wasn't what killed him, but the inability/refusal to react. I think this refers to someone else, perhaps a group rather than myself.
As to something in my life I'm not seeing, I'd be arrogant to presume I saw all - I don't see more than I see. I guess that's part of the reason we're on this platform, investigating our dreams, knowing we don't see so, so many things ;-) but I know what you mean and I don't *feel* I have a particular oversight right now that pertains to this.
The person was suddenly there, I didn't see him/her before. Completely ex-machina, popped up, and doesn't fit at all, neither geographically nor in the context that I can tell.

mr1992

I don't really know tbh, neither stood out in any way. I'd have to lie if I said that I remembered.