I'm afraid of a poem I read in a nightmare.

SzTem

A few years ago I had a really bad nightmare. As far as I can remember in this nightmare I was walking along a dirt road in the late afternoon. After some time a small church appeared on the side of the road, it had boarded up windows and the front door was locked with a really heavy duty padlock and chains. I found a hole in the roof and climbed in. It was really dark and damp except at the altar at the end of the room. I walked up to the altar and found a book on it (It had a tittle but I can't remember it), I opened the book and read the aforementioned poem. I should also mention that after I entered the church I had the feeling that I did something I'm really not supposed to do.

After I woke up I wrote it down as fast as I could so I wouldn't forget anything. The thing is, ever since I wrote it down i never opened it. Every time I try to open it or just hover my mouse over it I get the same feeling that I was not supposed to see it. Just thinking about it makes me nervous. I had never experienced something like this and I don't know what to do with it.

I don't want to delete it because I feel like it's important, but I don't know why. I don't even remember what's in it anymore.

This is your church, you entred it through the roof, through your mind, thoughts etc
Will you write the poem here , so shall I give you an interpretation, remember it is not dangerous to feel fear, fear is actually something very alive and can empower your life...

James

The symbols

You were walking along a dirt road in the late afternoon: coming to the end of a path where a transformation awaits you

A small church appeared on the side of the road: spiritual growth is offered

It had boarded up windows and the front door was locked: ordinary ways of understanding these things are not available without giving way to confusions of one type or another

You found a hole in the roof and climbed in: you discover that the way “from above” is superior to “the way from below”

It was really dark and damp except at the altar at the end of the room: not much light to lend to reviving a path that leads to dead-ends

You walked up to the altar and found a book on it: you reach this particular path to salvation and enlightenment, only to find a tittle of something. It’s not what you expected

You had the feeling you had entered the church by the wrong entrance: doubts begin to creep in because of what you have discovered – it being sacrilegious. Some truths are hard to bear, even when our eyes and experience tell us something different – its about your spiritual transformation or lack of it

Last edited:

TheUgly

A few years ago I had a really bad nightmare. As far as I can remember in this nightmare I was walking along a dirt road in the late afternoon. After some time a small church appeared on the side of the road, it had boarded up windows and the front door was locked with a really heavy duty padlock and chains. I found a hole in the roof and climbed in. It was really dark and damp except at the altar at the end of the room. I walked up to the altar and found a book on it (It had a tittle but I can't remember it), I opened the book and read the aforementioned poem. I should also mention that after I entered the church I had the feeling that I did something I'm really not supposed to do.

After I woke up I wrote it down as fast as I could so I wouldn't forget anything. The thing is, ever since I wrote it down i never opened it. Every time I try to open it or just hover my mouse over it I get the same feeling that I was not supposed to see it. Just thinking about it makes me nervous. I had never experienced something like this and I don't know what to do with it.

I don't want to delete it because I feel like it's important, but I don't know why. I don't even remember what's in it anymore.
You didn't read anything it's not possible that part of the brain does not work when you sleep words appears gibberish, opening that book was a metaphor for starting a conversation, you didn't read anything you spoke to something

TheUgly

Also another key detail that could be important, what do you remember about your environment before entering the church, what's the clarity of the dream out of the colors look what is the state of your surroundings and the objects within it

Hello SzTem.
Have you heard of or read the story in the Bible, the paralytic who was lowered from the roof by his friends.
You wrote the poem, but haven't read it since having the dream, correct?