in school... again?

Karlla

I'm in a classroom. I think I got suspended but I don't know why. I'm packing my backpack, not just with textbooks and notebooks but also with some clothes.
Half the school building is on fire, I don't know why, but it doesn't bother me. I keep packing and looking for stuff I want to take with me when an emergency alarm prompts everyone to leave the building immediately. I take my time. The fire is still far, although some smoke slowly approaches the part of the building I am in.
I finally leave the room. One flight of stairs down I encounter a group of people, two of which I recognise as teachers (one even from RL), so I stay with them. Apparently they have arranged for a car sharing/taxi service to pick us up and they take me with them. We leave the building together, walk along the street to where the car awaits us. Next thing I recall is looking out the car window and seeing the scenery rush by.
Then I wake up

I fall asleep again.
This time, I'm no longer at school but rather at work? I think I'm still fairly young, so this isn't really my profession. It's more of a parttime job or maybe I have to help out there because I got suspended from school. I don't really know. I think something might have happened cause I'm packing again. Through the ajar door I hear my boss yelling at a guy, I believe it's her son, because he messed up or almost messed up the computers. He was put in charge of the IT stuff, but is isn't much older than me and still very inexperienced. This prompts me to grab some more books related to accounting and computers from a drawer because I think it might help to know this stuff when I return. As I pack my last things, the guy is in the room with me. He is a bit down because if the scolding.

In your dream, you find yourself revisiting environments of learning and responsibility—first school, then work—despite feeling out of place or unprepared. This recurring theme of packing symbolizes your readiness to move on or transition to new phases in your life, gathering knowledge and skills (books) as you navigate these changes.
  • The fire and the emergency in the school setting might represent underlying stress or transformation, yet your calmness suggests a strong internal resilience and adaptability.
  • Including mentors and authority figures, like your teachers and boss, indicates guidance and support are available to you as you undertake these new challenges.
  • The repeated act of leaving with others in a car shows you are not alone in this journey; there is a shared path and communal support.
  • The final scene with your coworker highlights empathy and the potential for mutual growth through shared experiences.
This dream suggests a positive development: you are preparing for significant growth and learning, supported by a community that values your contributions.