Is It Time ?

Freya._gg

aussie_musician you are very familiar. I think I saw your posts in the old forum but we may not have personally conversed

well, yes, i have kept the same username from the old forum ..

and i'm wondering what has happened to the members from that forum ..

other that, where are you from ?

Freya._gg

In your heart ;) I used to talk to Venus In Chains and Barely Human along with someone I cant be bothered to remember since he was angsty and tried very hard at it lol. You may know these two users since they were there far longer than I. I for one, am looking for someone but I lost the two paragraphs I wrote when I made a new topic. For some reason it prompted me to login but I was already logged in when I clicked submit. Now its lost and I dont feel like typing it all again. Maybe some other time.

Karlla

I don't think so.
I was totally confused when I found this forum the other day, cause it looks exactly like the old one. For a moment I was like "Wait, is the forum up again? But why did they change address? :? "

There don't seem to be a lotta members in this forum, even though it's already a couple years old. Did people lose interest?
Have been looking for a replacement for a while now and not found anything that's just as good or even remotely similar. Wonder why they shut down in the first place.

I believe the old forum had a couple more smilies.
And why can I only have one link per post?

Karlla, this forum was created because the dream moods forum stopped working.
and stopped, as it would seem, without any warning.
were you on the old forum?

Karlla

Yeah, I was there, a long time ago. So long ago in fact, I didn't even notice it had stopped until at least a year later. :mrgreen:
I've never been very active, but I've found it quite insightful most of the time...

dreamintheusa

Karlla said:
I don't think so.
I was totally confused when I found this forum the other day, cause it looks exactly like the old one. For a moment I was like "Wait, is the forum up again? But why did they change address? :? "

There don't seem to be a lotta members in this forum, even though it's already a couple years old. Did people lose interest?
Have been looking for a replacement for a while now and not found anything that's just as good or even remotely similar. Wonder why they shut down in the first place.

I believe the old forum had a couple more smilies.
And why can I only have one link per post?

If you could find the perfect dream forum, what would you want it to include?

Karlla

I don't think there will ever be a perfect (for all) forum.
I'm not not and have never been a very active member, so my needs are simple. Ideally there'd be:
- an active community that quickly replies to posts and questions
- a healthy and friendly community that doesn't pick on or judge each other (I had snarly comments on my posts, and people getting into an argument over trivialities. Neither of which is helpful.)
- mods/admins who quickly respond to problems and suggestions (some probs may not be solved quickly, but it's always nice to know that you're being heard)

I tend to have a lotta dreams in times of trouble. When I joined the old dreammoods forum, my initial intention was to create a diary or dream journal of sorts, where I can see all my dreams in one place. Putting all in one thread was not ideal, cause I'd never know which dream people referred to when helping out with an interpretation. My post overview (so far as it exists) is also not helpful because it doesn't distinguish between my replies on others' threads and my own postings. Some sorting system on that would be a great improvement.

dreamintheusa

Karlla said:
I don't think there will ever be a perfect (for all) forum.
I'm not not and have never been a very active member, so my needs are simple. Ideally there'd be:
- an active community that quickly replies to posts and questions
- a healthy and friendly community that doesn't pick on or judge each other (I had snarly comments on my posts, and people getting into an argument over trivialities. Neither of which is helpful.)
- mods/admins who quickly respond to problems and suggestions (some probs may not be solved quickly, but it's always nice to know that you're being heard)

I tend to have a lotta dreams in times of trouble. When I joined the old dreammoods forum, my initial intention was to create a diary or dream journal of sorts, where I can see all my dreams in one place. Putting all in one thread was not ideal, cause I'd never know which dream people referred to when helping out with an interpretation. My post overview (so far as it exists) is also not helpful because it doesn't distinguish between my replies on others' threads and my own postings. Some sorting system on that would be a great improvement.

I can build a forum that incorporates all this. If that's a general description of what people want, it isn't much to ask and it can be done!

dreamintheusa

Dreamintheusa, when were you a member of the old forum?
I was on there from about 2007, till it stopped working.
The old dream moods forum? Probably 2015-ish. It would be good if the members of that site could make their way over here.

I'm liking this new design though, maybe that will attract old forum members over here!

dreamintheusa, was your username the same on that old forum?
im guessing few of those members from the dream forum, know this one exists.

Sauron

The old dream moods forum? Probably 2015-ish. It would be good if the members of that site could make their way over here.

I'm liking this new design though, maybe that will attract old forum members over here!
Yeah, I quite miss conversing with someone from the old forum. Hopefully she's doing well.