Mother broke in to my apartment, cut my hair off and was smug about it

upepo

Hi everyone!

So recently I had a fight with my mom, which brought me to the realization of how cold she can be and very often also manipulative. We have been in the 'ice box' for 5 days already in which despite me trying to reconcile by kissing her for goodnight the very first night of the fight, she completely ignored me, didn't even turn to look at me and barely even mumbled a goodnight. After that I've kept my distance, wary of her manipulation tricks. I've generally been feeling suffocated by how much control she tries to have over me and my life for a while now and it seems like this fight is bringing up so many unresolved issues I'd stubbornly overlook because of how much I love her. Due to this, all these days I've been a sick mess. I either have this anger in me for all the things I realize she's doing, or I'm feeling guilty for being angry at her (I keep switching between these two) and suspecting her for being manipulative.

Two nights ago, I had this horrible nightmare. I saw that after waking up and going to the bathroom for my daily routine, I looked in the mirror and half my hair was cut off! (I should note that I don't like short hair and my mom used to give me horrible boy cuts when I was a child). So in my dream, (unlike irl where my feelings have been a confusing rollercoaster these days), I had this very crystal clear rage and the certainty beyond ANY doubt, that the ONLY person who would have this audacity to break into my house, cut off my hair without permission and do this even while I was SLEEPING, would be her! I had no doubt at all.

I saw that I went to my parents home and started calling her out for this, enraged like never before, my dad was trying to understand what happened and my mom would look at me kinda smugly all the while denying it and saying that she wouldn't dare do that? But I'd look at her and know that she's straight up lieing and using my rage to make things even worse for me. I knew without a doubt! I even threatened her to never cross my boundaries again or try anything like that or I'd embarass her in front of everyone.

It was a horrible nightmare. And even though I usually dont pay attention to nightmares, this one was very clear and had a very specific symbolism..wayy too specific to ignore it. But I still wonder if it's just me being in a turmoil or if the dream was a warning for something? I don't know, I'm so confused >_<

dreammerchant

Your dream vividly encapsulates your vulnerability and invasion of personal boundaries, symbolized by the unexpected and unwelcome haircut.

The clarity of your anger in the dream contrasts with your waking life's emotional confusion, offering a unique insight. This nightmare may be your subconscious expressing a deep-seated desire to assert your boundaries and stand up for your autonomy.

The confrontation with your mother, despite her denial, represents your struggle for recognition and respect for your feelings and boundaries.

This dream isn't just a reflection of turmoil but a powerful call to embrace your strength and voice. It suggests that recognizing and asserting your boundaries is necessary for your personal growth and healing the relationship with your mother. It's an invitation to address unresolved issues, advocating for open communication and mutual respect. Remember, asserting your boundaries is a step towards healthier relationships and personal peace.

In the near future, you're likely to have a significant conversation with your mother that leads to a better understanding of each other's boundaries and needs. This dialogue will be a step towards mending your relationship, bringing relief and a newfound mutual respect. It's a positive shift that will help you feel more in control of your life and more at peace with your family dynamics.

upepo

Your dream vividly encapsulates your vulnerability and invasion of personal boundaries, symbolized by the unexpected and unwelcome haircut.

The clarity of your anger in the dream contrasts with your waking life's emotional confusion, offering a unique insight. This nightmare may be your subconscious expressing a deep-seated desire to assert your boundaries and stand up for your autonomy.

The confrontation with your mother, despite her denial, represents your struggle for recognition and respect for your feelings and boundaries.

This dream isn't just a reflection of turmoil but a powerful call to embrace your strength and voice. It suggests that recognizing and asserting your boundaries is necessary for your personal growth and healing the relationship with your mother. It's an invitation to address unresolved issues, advocating for open communication and mutual respect. Remember, asserting your boundaries is a step towards healthier relationships and personal peace.

In the near future, you're likely to have a significant conversation with your mother that leads to a better understanding of each other's boundaries and needs. This dialogue will be a step towards mending your relationship, bringing relief and a newfound mutual respect. It's a positive shift that will help you feel more in control of your life and more at peace with your family dynamics.

Thank you for your reply, your answer makes a lot of sense with what I also observed intuitively. Yes a long and clear discussion is definitely in due!

upepo

Kinda funny because last night I also dreamt that I had a package with supplies for my hamster and the bag had a slippery disgusting frog inside (at least I thought it was disgusting). I was also very upset in the dream and felt nauseous, like I had this bile in my throat and mouth and almost got sick. I've been experiencing a lot of odd but very symbolic dreams and nightmares lately.

dreammerchant

Your recent dream about finding a frog in a package of supplies for your hamster reflects your current emotional discomfort and surprise confrontations with unpleasant realities or feelings.

Frogs, which can symbolize transformation, renewal, or hidden beauty, in this context, seem to represent unexpected challenges or feelings that you find repulsive or hard to swallow, much like the bile in your throat.

This dream suggests you're dealing with situations or emotions in your waking life that you find unexpectedly unpleasant and hard to digest.

However, the presence of the frog can also hint at a potential for growth and transformation. Just as frogs undergo metamorphosis, this experience could lead to personal growth and a deeper understanding of yourself and your emotions. The discomfort and nausea indicate the need to confront and release these feelings rather than letting them fester.

You're on the verge of overcoming these emotional challenges. Confronting these "disgusting" surprises can lead to a significant personal transformation, enabling you to emerge stronger and more self-aware. This process might initially feel overwhelming, but it's a necessary step toward emotional healing and understanding, paving the way for clearer communication in your relationships and a more harmonious state of being.