I am on a train with my wife. The train is stopping at a station, and I'm aware that our adult daughter is about to join us when the train stops. I get up to assist her up - there is no 'platform', it seems. But the train doesn't stop, it slows to a crawl, I'm confused and think it's about to stop further up, but it keeps going before I have a chance to grab my daughter's arm and hoist her up. We are up the front of the train, I can see the driver, but I cannot get his attention to stop the train. It keeps on going. I look behind, and my daughter is still running along beside the train, trying to 'catch' it. The track she's running on stops and crosses a ditch or a creek. She stumbles into the creek, soaking her feet and legs. I still can't get the train driver's attention to stop the train.
Any thoughts? My relationship with my daughter has always been good, and as far as I know, she is travelling reasonably well in life.
Any thoughts? My relationship with my daughter has always been good, and as far as I know, she is travelling reasonably well in life.