Odd Dream I keep having involving my mother; sister; and our old station wagon

I started CPAP Therapy to treat my Sleep Apnea in late January and since them have had multiple memorable dreams every night. Many of which are really odd and are set in earlier times in my life. One of these dreams I started having in February and have had at least a few times each week since then.

The dream seems to be set during either my Junior or Senior year of High School based on things that go on during it. The dream always follows the same pattern each time I have it.

When the dream starts, it is in the morning and I am in a hurry to get to school and my mother and sister are both moving slow. I am trying to speed them along until my mother tells me if I am ready to go I need to go ahead and get in the car and buckle-up in the front middle seat. I try to tell her that I don’t want to wait in the car and that my sister should be the one in the middle since she is younger and smaller than me and it will look weird if I am riding between two females. I try to persuade her until my mother has enough and tells me since I am ready I need to go out and get in the car and buckle in the front middle seat and wait for she any my sister there.

I then walk outside and see the old Beige Dodge Aspen Station Wagon my mother drove when I was in Elementary School sitting in our driveway. When I open the front passenger side door, the interior looks just like I remember it looking with the light brown vinyl bench seat and all the gauges and controls. I sit down on the bench seat then close the passenger side door and scoot over to the middle seat. As I am fastening the lap belt around my waist, I notice the station wagon has a horrible odor. I then sit and wait in the station wagon by myself.

After I have been waiting for a little while, my sister is walking around to the passenger side of the station wagon and then opening the passenger side door and then sitting in the passenger seat to my right. As she is fastening her shoulder belt after closing her door she notices something smells and tells me I stink because I didn’t shower this morning. I try to convince her it is the car but she is adamant that I smell because I didn’t shower or that I have been farting in it. As my sister continues to talk while we wait for our mother, it is obvious based on things we talk about that we are both in high school while would make the dream take place in my Junior or Senior year.

After me and my sister have been waiting in the station wagon together for a little while, I see our mother locking-up the house and then walking towards the station wagon. Before she gets to the driver side door, she always gets distracted by something and the walks away to deal with it. In some dreams she sees a neighbor in their yard or walking down the street; in other dreams it could be she goes to deal with something in the yard; or that a sales person is walking to our house and she goes to talk to them. I am anxious about getting to school and am really annoyed that she is dealing with something else when me and my sister are both bucked-up in the station wagon and ready to go. We always spend a long time waiting for her and it is like she is oblivious that we are waiting for her in the station wagon. When I express frustration to my sister, she always tells me we will get to school on time and I need to be more patient and that there is nothing wrong with us waiting in the station wagon.

Eventually my mother is walking towards to driver side door of the station wagon and then opening it and sitting down in the driver seat to my left. I have to move closer to my sister so she has room to sit down and then feel squished between them once my mother gets in with both of them pressed against me. As my mother is putting the keys in the ignition after closing her door she also notices the odor and tells me and my sister something really stinks. I have to listen to my sister tell her that it is either my body odor from not showering or that I farted, and then my mother tells me how gross it is that I passed gas and that I need to stop doing it. I try to explain that it is the station wagon that smells but she says it smelled fine yesterday. I try to remind her that I need to get to school but she doesn’t get the hint and keeps talking.

She finally stops talking to us and then reaches for the key to start the station wagon. I doesn’t start up and she keeps pumping on the gas pedal and turning the key but each crank ends with a dash full of red lights and a buzzing sound. She keeps pumping on the gas pedal and turning the key while I am squished between her and my sister but the station wagon won’t start. I am getting more and more anxious about getting to school the longer my mother spends trying to start it

In most dreams, she gets out at some point and looks under the hood while me and my sister stay buckled in our seats and the station wagon still will not start up when she gets back in. Sometimes the station wagon gets a dead battery after a while or my mother eventually give up trying to start it.

The dream always ends when either my mother or sister discover I have stepped in dog poop and tracked it all over the bump I had my feet on. In some dreams one of them discovers while I am still buckled to my seat and in others one of them discovers it as I am getting out of the station wagon after my mother decides she is not going to be able to get it started. Once I find out I have stepped in dog poop I go into our yard to try to get it off my shoe and my mind shifts from being anxious about getting to school on time to being concerned about getting all of the dog poop off my shoe. I always wake up from the dream in our yard trying to get my shoe cleaned and focusing on making sure it will not stink anymore rather than getting to school.

There are a few things about this dream that are really odd. They include
  • My mother got rid of the Aspen Station Wagon the summer after my 5th grade year and replaced it with a new Dodge Caravan minivan. We didn’t have the Aspen station wagon when I was in high school.
  • My mother rarely drove me to high school. I got a ride with older neighbors my Freshman and Sophomore years and them my parents got me a car and I drove my sister and some other neighbors my Junior and Senior year.
I will try to start sharing other odd memorable dreams that I have as I have them but wanted to share this one since I have had it several times. I welcome any interpretation or thoughts others have on why I keep having this dream or its meaning.

I had another one of these dreams last night.

In this dream, after my mother locked-up our house she went to talk with a police officer who was going from house to house in our neighborhood. When she was done talking to him, she then unlocked our house and spent a while bringing things that were outside like our bikes and some porch furniture into our house while me and my sister waited in the station wagon for her.

When my mother finally got done and locked the house back up and then joined us in the station wagon, she told us the police officer told her there had been some robberies in our neighborhood and that she wanted to put things someone might steal back in the house to be safe. When I mentioned I needed to get to school, she told me it was more important to make sure she locked-up anything that could be stolen and that she would write me a note if I was late.

When she was done talking to us about this, she reached to turn the key to start the station wagon but it wouldn't start up. When I complained about being late to school, she told me she would write a note for me and I needed to calm down. After spending a while playing with the gas pedal and key and having each crank end with the buzzing sound and red lights she decided to get out and look under the hood while me and my sister stayed bucked in our seats in the station wagon.

When my mother got back in, she started playing with the gas pedal and key again but still couldn't get the station wagon to start. After spending a few more minutes so told us something really stunk and she thought someone may have stepped in poo. She then looked down and told me there was poo on my shoe and all over the bump my feet were on.

I then unbuckled and my sister let me out on the passenger side and then I went to out back yard to try to clean off my shoe in the grass. I woke up from this dream while I was shuffling my foot in the grass but not able to make much progress getting the poop off of my shoe.

I have been really busy the past few weeks and have not had time to journal this or any other odd dreams I have been having. I had another one of these dreams last night towards the end of my sleep cycle which was the last dream I had before waking up.

In last nights dream when my sister joined me in the station wagon she quickly noticed something stunk and kept accusing me of farting while we waited for my mother.

When my mother got done locking up the house, she went to roll the trash can to the end of our driveway since it was trash day and then spent several minutes talking to our across the street neighbor. I was anxious to get to school and wanted my mother to stop talking and drive us to school but it didn't seem to bother my sister and she kept reminding me that if they talked long enough maybe we would miss our first class of the day.

When my mother finally got done talking to our neighbor and sat down in the driver seat next to me, she told me we still have plenty of time to get to school on time and I needed to calm down. After she had spent a few cranks trying to start the station wagon she noticed something really stunk and my sister told her I had been farting while we were waiting for her. I try to deny this and have to listen to my mother telling me it is gross and disgusting passing gas in the station wagon.

After my mother has spend several more minutes playing with the gas pedal and key without the station wagon starting up she decides to get out and look under the hood. When I say something about us being late, she tell me I need to calm down, that she is doing the best she can, and that if we are late she will write us note excusing our tardiness.

When my mother gets back in, she spends several more minutes playing with the gas pedal and key and only getting the buzzing sound and dash full of red lights after each crank. Whenever I start to get wrestles, my mother reminds me she is doing the best she can and I need to calm down. She gets out two or 3 more times to look under the hood and then tries again to start the station wagon but doesn't have any luck.

When my mother gets back in after the last time looking under the hood, she tell us she is going to try a few more times to get it started and that if it sill won't start she will call our father and have him come and give us a ride to school. She reminds me again that she will write a note for me if I am late. After she has pumped the gas pedal and turned the key 3 or 4 times she tell us she is going to give it one more try and then will give up and call our father if it doesn't start. She then pumps the gas pedal a few more times and turns the key and then takes the key out of the ignition and gets out and goes back into our house to call our father.

I then have to wait for my sister to unbuckle her seat belt/open the passenger side door/get out and then scoot over the the passenger seat and follow her out the passenger side door.

As I am getting out of the station wagon, I hear my sister scream and then she tells me that I stepped in dog doo. I look into the station wagon and see that the bump in the middle I had my feet on is covered in dog poop. I then go into out back yard and try to get the dog poop off my shoe by running my foot back and forth in the grass. I work up from this dream while I was trying to get the poop off my shoe and not having much luck.

I had the dream again last night. When my sister got in the station wagon all she wanted to do was talk about some guy who transferred to our school after winter break who she really liked.

When my mother got done locking-up the house, instead of getting in the station wagon, she first water her garden and then spent a while pulling weeds. My sister continued to talk about this guy that she liked while my mother was working in the garden and seemed oblivious that my mother working in her garden was holding her up.

When my mother finally got in, she spent a while pumping on the gas pedal and turning the key, but couldn't get the station wagon to start up. After spending a while trying to get it started and not having any success, she decided to get out and look under the hood.

While my mother was out of the car, my sister noticed something really stunk and then noticed there was something on my shoe and the bump I had my feet on. She then let me out of the car and I went into the front yard to work on cleaning off my shoe.

When I woke up from this dream, I was squirting my shoe with a hose but not having much luck cleaning the poop off of it.

I have been thinking more about the things in this dream and think they are based off of memories I have of the following 3 things.

When my mother was driving our carpool and had the Aspen me and my sister would always ride in the front seat and would take turns getting the window seat or riding in the middle. Whenever we would be leaving our house in the morning, my mother would always unlock the passenger side door so that me and my sister could go ahead and get in and then she would close us in, put our book bags in the way back, and then go back and lock up the house. I remember the last year she had the Aspen when I was in 5th grade and my sister was in 3rd grade, it was showing its age and my mother would have to spend a little while pumping on the gas pedal and turning the key before it would start up. The days when my sister got the window seat and I had to sit in the middle, I remember it bothered me having to wait in the station wagon while my mother locked up the house and having to sit between them while she was trying to get it started. I think it always started-up but I wouldn’t have minded if it didn’t start and was late to school.

Most of the things that hold my mother up in these dreams are things that at some point did hold my mother up when I was waiting for her to drive me somewhere when I was in my early teens. It was always when I was waiting for her to drive me somewhere like a friends house, sports practice, or the mall. She had gotten rid of the Aspen and had her minivan the times she got held up when I was waiting for her to drive. I also remember the delays normally happened before we got in the van so I was not waiting in the car for her like I am in these dreams. I remember it always bothered me when I was ready to go and she got held up with something.

One time my freshman year when I was carpooling to school with a girl in my neighborhood who was a senior, I stepped in dog poop and got it all over her station wagon. I remember despite working hard to clean my shoe when we got to school I was paranoid that someone would smell it and also remember we all had to smell the dop poop in the station wagon on the ride home from school. I know I was either in the middle of the back seat or middle of the front seat because I remember getting it all over the hump I had my feet on. I was the only guy and riding with 5 girls, some of whom were very popular and was really embarrassed about stepping in the dog poop and getting in in her car.

I am not sure why I keep having these dreams that incorporate these memories of things that bothered me at the time they were happening. All of these memories happened before the time when I think this dream takes place which was when I was driving me and my sister to school every day.

I would welcome any interpretation anyone has as to the meaning of these dreams and why these 3 different memories are coming together in them.

Does anyone know what it means to have a dream about the thing that happen in these dreams? This would include

- Sitting in the middle of the front seat
- Waiting in a car/having a driver who gets distracted from getting in the car
- Being a passenger in a car that won't start
- Stepping in dog poop

I think the dreams are based on the 3 memories that happened in my pre teen and early teen years but wondering if there is any significance that I am having dreams about them all these years later.

Jessie

Seem
I had another one of these dreams last night.

In this dream, after my mother locked-up our house she went to talk with a police officer who was going from house to house in our neighborhood. When she was done talking to him, she then unlocked our house and spent a while bringing things that were outside like our bikes and some porch furniture into our house while me and my sister waited in the station wagon for her.

When my mother finally got done and locked the house back up and then joined us in the station wagon, she told us the police officer told her there had been some robberies in our neighborhood and that she wanted to put things someone might steal back in the house to be safe. When I mentioned I needed to get to school, she told me it was more important to make sure she locked-up anything that could be stolen and that she would write me a note if I was late.

When she was done talking to us about this, she reached to turn the key to start the station wagon but it wouldn't start up. When I complained about being late to school, she told me she would write a note for me and I needed to calm down. After spending a while playing with the gas pedal and key and having each crank end with the buzzing sound and red lights she decided to get out and look under the hood while me and my sister stayed bucked in our seats in the station wagon.

When my mother got back in, she started playing with the gas pedal and key again but still couldn't get the station wagon to start. After spending a few more minutes so told us something really stunk and she thought someone may have stepped in poo. She then looked down and told me there was poo on my shoe and all over the bump my feet were on.

I then unbuckled and my sister let me out on the passenger side and then I went to out back yard to try to clean off my shoe in the grass. I woke up from this dream while I was shuffling my foot in the grass but not able to make much progress getting the poop off of my shoe.
Seems like you’re always impatient to get life going , to get on your journey of life, but situations/people/circumstances prevent this from happening. Also, the dog poo can represent some sort of accident or mistake which was made on your part (not watching where you step) which prevents you from getting further on in your life journey. So perhaps you can just ask Jesus Christ to forgive you for any times in your life where you made some booboos, so that way you can move forward in a whole new level.

I hope this helps. God bless you 💜

I had a really vivid/memorable one of these drams right before waking-up for the day this morning.

In this dream, I was worried about a report I had to give in my history class later that day and was anxious to get to school early so I would have some time to practice giving the report before classes started for the day.

When I got in the station wagon and scooted over to the middle seat, I immediately noticed something really stunk but I could not figure out what was causing the smell. I kept looking around the car trying to find it while I waited for my sister and mother to get in.

When my sister got in the passenger seat of the station wagon, she also immediately noticed that the car stunk, and like me she couldn't find anything causing the smell so she became convince I had farted in it before she got in. In this dream, I remember my sister had just made the varsity cheerleading squad at our school and all she wanted to talk about while we waited in the car was about how excited she was about making it and about what she was looking forward to about cheer practice that afternoon.

After me and my sister had been waiting a while, I saw our mother locking-up the house and then walking towards the station wagon but before she got to it, she turned and walked down the driveway to the street because she saw our mailman was making the rounds and wanted to talk to him. They talked for a while and then she walked back to the house and then walked back to the mailman with some packages which she gave to him and then kept walking back to the house and brining him more packages. While my mother was doing this, my sister kept talking about being on the varsity cheer squad.

When my mother was finally done with giving the mailman packages, she locked-up the house and then joined me and my sister in the station wagon. As soon as she closed her door, she told us something really stunk and my sister told her I had tooted. My mother then turned the key to start up the station wagon and after turning over the first few cranks, the battery went dead and my mother told us she would call our father to give her a jumpstart and give us a ride to school. As I was walking back into the house, my mother told me there was something on my shoe and I went to the back yard to try to clean dog poop off of it. I woke up from this dream while trying to clean my shoe.