Our oldest dream

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Will you give interpretations, I will too..

I add the link to a Bible site, since I was done aware that someone might think this is an ordinary note of a nights dream,
But it is indeed from Genesis in the Holy book.

Arnfinnius

Last edited:
Our Father came looking for us and we went into hiding

for we were so naked and bare

but

It had never been like that before

so how come this fruit of the central tree

changed us to be so nude

frankly

what is the central tree to cause such a disaster

Could the central tree, simply be ourselves

If it was our innermost essence

and we ate of its fruits

did we not then move our point of view to the outer regions of our life

and

from there we suddenly felt the changing life as a threat to our wellbeing

then we saw ourselves as so naked so nude and bare and vulnerable

and we couldn’t drink the pain without desperately fight and run

Before we saw it from our central essence

so all this changeability was delightful as morning dew

and never gave us sufferings we couldn’t drink

The snake is reflected in our autonom nerv system

is it not

everything that is not controlled by will

like heart beat and alike

Since we now are dying or experiencing dying and forgetting all about it

it becomes so painful

So how do we return to glory ?

Should we not just stopping avoiding the experience of the pain we have created

just stop compete each other

sing some songs until the rain of bombs leaves us

for we have left the changeable……..

Peace to you all
Arnfinnius

James

Suggested interpretation as if it were a dream

The symbols

They they were both naked: in mental state of innocence

The serpent: the passage of time, analogous to the serpent shedding its skin to remain youthful

You should not not eat of every tree of the garden: In order to remain the same, the temporal passage of time must be denied

The woman said unto the serpent, we may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: the desire to acknowledge the passing of time and to gain experience and knowledge from it

But it was acknowledged, we shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die: "to die" symbolically involves transformation and change to understand ourselves and our surroundings which are in constant flux (=loss of innocence)

The serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: you will be transformed. Some for the better and some for the worse

When our eyes opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil: its a matter of individual freewill and choice after that

When the woman saw the tree that made one wise, she took the fruit, and gave to her husband to eat: the path wisdom is chosen by some

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked: wisdom replaces ignorance

They hid themselves from the presence in the trees of the garden: wisdom teaches that they must guard themselves from inner and outer dangers

The LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou: they recalled there former state of innocence

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself: as we mature, men and women, cover up their deficiencies (=clothes)

And he said, Who told you that you were naked? some persons attempt to recall when they first learned about their ignorance, when they were still in innocence

Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? there are regrets, but unless we want to regress, we must move forward and deal with the ever changing reality that confronts us

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat: the desire to progress and mature (=our woman/our man)

Last edited:
comments on your interpretation

Suggested interpretation as if it were a dream

They they were both naked: in mental state of innocence

You do see it from a position of nakedness don’t you ?

The first suggestion of nakedness is superficial is it not, their position is not on the outside of things, like we are, but on the inner, like a spirit over water. They experienced all sides of being human , but they had some space too, the space a driver has in contrast to be the automobile , space of freedom that is lost for good or for some time

The serpent: the passage of time, analogous to the serpent shedding its skin to remain youthful

You should not not eat of every tree of the garden: In order to remain the same, the temporal passage of time must be denied

Not denied only experienced with the full presence of consciousness , like a snake shedding its skin
with full awareness of the pain, but still with a place to dwell that is not touched bu it.

Like God experiencing a nuclear disaster but is not loosing His center.

The woman said unto the serpent, you may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: the desire to acknowledge the passing of time and to gain experience and knowledge from it

The experience of delusion, quickly lost in forgetfulness of time if we can not take both the pains and the pleasures.

But it was acknowledged, we shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die: "to die" symbolically involves transformation and change to understand ourselves and our surroundings which are in constant flux (=loss of innocence)
And this constant flux is experienced again and again as something we are to weak and unwilling to dwell in.
The serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: you will be transformed. Some for the better and some for the worse
indeed and we all have to have this place of silence to not suffer.
When our eyes opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil: its a matter of individual freewill and choice after that
gods are warlike and individual freewill is only about to stay in increasing suffering or return to our lost innosence
When the woman saw the tree that made one wise, she took the fruit, and gave to her husband to eat: the path wisdom is chosen by some
wisdom is to stay dwelling somewhere you are able to fully be with all of your nature, if you are where you die, you will be for ever eating death, and the day is now very soon here when time end where it was possible to make other have awareness of what we tries to throw away
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked: wisdom replaces ignorance replace wisdom and we became naked

They hid themselves from the presence in the trees of the garden: wisdom teaches that they must guard themselves from inner and outer dangers

The LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou: they recalled there former state of innocence

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself: as we mature, men and women, cover up their deficiencies (=clothes)

And he said, Who told you that you were naked? some persons attempt to recall when they first learned about their ignorance, when they were still in innocence

Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? there are regrets, but unless we want to regress, we must move forward and deal with the ever changing reality that confronts us

Are we not already regressing as long as we do not position ourselves in the moveless ?

The rider does not move , the horse does. Our modern society are full of inventions to help us not move, but be moved. Is that not because we are desperately searching for freedom from change.

A freedom that was ours even when all the changing was there around us.

We did not need a car, the body were already doing for us as one, but though alive.

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat: the desire to progress (=our woman/our man)

James

Are you serious?

Because I was not. Is this is not a dream forum? Who knows what those verses meant - varied interpretations are off the map.

Last edited:
Yes indeed am I serious.

Even in your unseriousnes you delivered an interpretation that had a good wording of mainstream understanding in our times