participation in an expedition and a remarkable experience part 5

[continued] i did not have long to wait. within 10 minutes the entire wooded area in front of us exploded in a huge flash of metallic beams so intense it seemed like a flash of sheet lightning. and then they came on in a single rush. their intention was to take us by surprise and overrun the whole position before we could make any effective resistance. but Dr Isiah was not one to fall victim to a surprise attack. he had already informed all the members of his party and seen to it they were ready. then the whole brush erupted into a kaleidoscope of colors. deep hues like sea green and sky blue mixed with colors such as raspberry red,lemon yellow and lime green. a brief explanation here. our own used beams and rays based on gemstones but also some fruit colors as the previous descriptions indicate. the hostile weapons were mostly metal based. a mineral based weapon might be either. these were fewer in number,but when used had a very distinctive look. there was no great difficulty in telling friendly beams from hostile ones. even the mineral weapons on their side used different minerals from ours. in this fight it was easy to know the location of the enemy because all beams revealed the users position. Dr Isiah had planned our position to catch them in a crossfire from both sides. they rushed on only to find themselves trapped in a cul-de-sac of fire from all sides . so well directed and powerful was our volley that the whole first line of the enemy was knocked down, every beam hitting its mark. seeing the situation the enemy ordered them to fall back which order the ones still standing enthusiastically obeyed. then the battle fizzled down into a few long range exchanges of beam blasts. it is impossible to describe the field with all the multi-colored rays going back and forth. it was simply a breathtaking sight. one could easily forget what this plethora of colors represented. i was too conscious of the significance of what was at stake to yield to such feelings. Dr Isiah turned to me DI: they will be back,stay on alert ME:it looks like they had some pretty hard knocks. DI: oh,yes but this leader will not give up easily. if one way does not work he will try another ME; HOW SOON DO YOU EXPECT THE NEXT ATTEMPT? DI: within the next hour . i kept my weapon on maximum,still hoping i would not have to use it. within the hour the second attack came.this time they were more cautious in their tactics,taking cover behind trees and bushes. sending beams in ,stopping hiding behind bushes then firing again. Dr Isiah helped to repel this attack in person. suddenly i noticed one of the enemy aiming directly at Dr Isiah. instantly i fired . the beam was coconut white. he went down. this was the only time i took part in combat. Dr Isiah led a counterattack which drove them back to the edge of the clearing. they fell back. now the advantage was definitely with our side. now comes the most unusual part of this dream {continued}