Prophetic: I met him after he appeared in a dream

Camel

Hello. I had a very vivid dream I could not understand at all, until I met someone and I still can't believe this.

I approached a dream analyst to start psychoanalysis together and had this big vivid dream just after we first spoke, but before my first session.

It was in three parts but the final part was the most colourful and vivid and magical.

There was a large grey fuzzy mass with a gold crown on it. A dazzling sparkling man came in dancing holding a magic wand and a small pouch. He looked like a character from a deck of playing cards but was dazzling as well as flamboyantly coloured. In my dream he was the writer of Blackadder. He confidently and exhuberantly did some dancing towards the grey king creature, took of the large crown and tapped it with his magic wand, as gold pieces fell into his pouch which he then leapt and danced away with.

I thought it was all entirely symbolic esp as the dancing magician seemed like an archetype, not at all like a real person.

At this time I was happily married for 11 years and content in that marriage. However, during my psychoanalysis I realised my marriage was harmful and unhealthy and I abruptly but decidedly left my husband which shocked everyone.

A few months passed. I had a few flings to enjoy being single and did not want a relationship, but one man I ended up in bed with started chatting to me about Blackadder while we were lying together just chatting. This was our first night together and I didn't know him. But I got all over goosebumps and went quiet and just listened. He was talking about the blackadder episode where they burn the dictionary.

The dancing man in my dream was the writer of Blackadder ...

As I got to know this man he revealed his flamboyant side more and more, he is quite effeminate when relaxed and is a lot of fun, v kinky and an exhibitionist.

One date early on he showed me unexpectedly an Irish dancing move which again gave me total shivers - as it was just like how the dazzling man had been dancing in my mysterious dream. I couldn't believe it. He teaches me tango and has been learning Irish dancing for years, performing internationally.

He told me his friends say that his wild laugh is just like the joker from batman and then showed me a pic of himself dressed as the joker at Halloween ... I gave him a mini deck of playing cards to shuffle soon after that and 'the joker' card fell out of the pack. He was surprised and disconcerted thinking it was spooky but I was just quiet, reflecting with total amazement.

The character on that card is just like the colourful man with a wand in my dream.

Blackadder, the dancing joker. His sparkling personality. It honestly is him.

Sometimes when he is giggly and relaxed and moves in a certain eccentric way I am reminded so starkly of the sparkling man in that dream - I just never thought that character represented an actual person who would come into my life! I thought it was an archetype, like the magician from the tarot or something.

Our hookups have been just that and he likes being single and free. We have a lot of great sex so I wonder if that is what the wand symbolises - his magic wand :)

I still don't understand the crown and the gold, but when I had this dream I was in a long term marriage and was about to start psychoanalysis. During the analysis I left my husband and met this man. The therapy is now over.

Other flings I had fizzled out or weren't a good match, but this guy has been seeing me regularly for 18 months + and I really like him. He came to see me in hospital when I had no support and has been there for me, we text every day...

I haven't told this man that I had a vivid dream about him before we met. I still don't know what it means.

He moved to this country a year before I moved here and we lived in the same city for 18 years with mutual acquaintances but never met until I left my husband and started having flings.

I can't help wonder how significant he may be. The dream is what makes me wonder. He was dazzling as though covered in little rainbow lights as he did his Irish dancing with his wand. It makes me wonder whether he is part of my destiny or something, for him to appear like that in a dream so vivid, and then I leave my husband and stumble across him.

I moved to a new town when I left my husband and this man also moved and lives very close to me. I can't help wonder if we were destined to meet. If that is so then why? What does the crown and the gold and the grey fuzzy mass represent?

I guess time will tell.

My analyst back then was careful to not explain or interpret the dreams, he just went quiet when I explained it and asked a few clarifying questions. I thought it could be to do with my animus and my sovereignty.

Never thought it was a premonition of an actual man I would end up sleeping with. !

This is the only time I have experienced something happening in my life which was prophesied in a dream.

Thank you for reading and any thoughts you might have X

Last edited:

shadowofwind

Many years ago I had a prophetic dream of a romance which ultimately turned very bad, and with hindsight never would have turned out any other way. A lesson here, reinforced by other prophetic dreams I have had, and subsequent experiences, is that having such a dream does not mean that the experience is blessed by providence or something of that nature. For me, the psychic interaction between myself, the dream analysist, and the potential lover would be sufficient to produce the dream, irrespective of whether the path I'm on is a bad one, and even if the motives of one or both of the other two people are not aligned with my best interests. If there's an intersection of our aims at all, that's enough to produce the dream, even if the nature of the intersection is exploitative. So the existence of the dream doesn't really imply anything one way or another about the right or wrong or healthiness or unhealthiness of the interaction. Had I known that at the beginning, I might have made better choices. I'm not implying anything about your fate, which I know nothing about, I'm just sharing something of my possibly relevant experience and what I learned from it.

It does seem strange to me that you would describe your marriage as happy if it were unhealthy for you, since in my experience and observation unhealthy relationships usually produce unhappiness. Maybe by "happily" you mean merely that you didn't question it. But if you really were happy in it, a relationship that worked that that well for that long would seem to me to be something of significant value which should not be discarded impulsively or lightly. So many pleasant things in life flame up and quickly sputter out, irrespective of how "spiritual" the participants are. And on the other side, healthy things are often difficult despite their value, such as when supporting someone who has an illness like cancer for example. If I had to take a wild guess, I might guess that you will eventually judge that leaving your marriage was a mistake, but I wouldn't have much confidence in my guess. And in any case, often even mistakes are useful or even necessary for long term growth, so I think it can be very hard to judge what someone does or does not need to do.

JungianDreamer

1. Large Grey Fuzzy Mass with a Golden Crown
Grey Mass: Represents ambiguity and uncertainty, possibly linked to a challenging phase in your marriage.
Golden Crown: Indicates authority, power, and influence, suggesting the significant control this ambiguous presence has over you.
Explanation:
This symbol reflects a significant yet unclear presence in your life, which might be your marriage, characterized by uncertainty and a degree of control.

2. Dazzling, Sparkling Man Associated with a Character from a Deck of Playing Cards and the Writer of Blackadder
Sparkling Man: Represents charisma, wit, and transformation abilities.
Actions (Tapping the Crown and Collecting Gold Pieces): Indicates a shift in power and control, symbolizing liberation and transformation.
Explanation:
This character signifies a turning point in your life, marking the beginning of a journey towards liberation from an unhealthy relationship or situation.

3. Wild Laughter, Reminiscent of the Joker from Batman
Wild Laughter: Indicates unpredictability and excitement.
Explanation:
This element adds a layer of unpredictability to your new connection, suggesting a more vibrant and exciting phase of life.

4. Proximity of Residences and Duration of Relationship with the Sparkling Man
Close Residences: Suggests a destined or fateful aspect to the meeting.
Duration of Relationship: Indicates the significance and potential longevity of this new connection.
Explanation:
These elements suggest that the meeting might be destined, but it’s crucial to evaluate the authenticity and compatibility of this connection in the context of your waking life.

Camel

Many years ago I had a prophetic dream of a romance which ultimately turned very bad, and with hindsight never would have turned out any other way. A lesson here, reinforced by other prophetic dreams I have had, and subsequent experiences, is that having such a dream does not mean that the experience is blessed by providence or something of that nature. For me, the psychic interaction between myself, the dream analysist, and the potential lover would be sufficient to produce the dream, irrespective of whether the path I'm on is a bad one, and even if the motives of one or both of the other two people are not aligned with my best interests. If there's an intersection of our aims at all, that's enough to produce the dream, even if the nature of the intersection is exploitative. So the existence of the dream doesn't really imply anything one way or another about the right or wrong or healthiness or unhealthiness of the interaction. Had I known that at the beginning, I might have made better choices. I'm not implying anything about your fate, which I know nothing about, I'm just sharing something of my possibly relevant experience and what I learned from it.

It does seem strange to me that you would describe your marriage as happy if it were unhealthy for you, since in my experience and observation unhealthy relationships usually produce unhappiness. Maybe by "happily" you mean merely that you didn't question it. But if you really were happy in it, a relationship that worked that that well for that long would seem to me to be something of significant value which should not be discarded impulsively or lightly. So many pleasant things in life flame up and quickly sputter out, irrespective of how "spiritual" the participants are. And on the other side, healthy things are often difficult despite their value, such as when supporting someone who has an illness like cancer for example. If I had to take a wild guess, I might guess that you will eventually judge that leaving your marriage was a mistake, but I wouldn't have much confidence in my guess. And in any case, often even mistakes are useful or even necessary for long term growth, so I think it can be very hard to judge what someone does or does not need to do.
I really appreciate you sharing your experience. And your perspective is really true, the dream of a future encounter doesn't mean this encounter is a soul mate or similar. I think when you realise this person was in your dream you can think this is a soul mate or something. Literally, the man of your dreams. Glimpses of the future though are impressive for me to have experienced. And the role my therapist had in the ending of my marriage (a positive decision btw), so that firat encounter with him triggered this dream. As if to suggest that he was the conduit for this new relationship. As this sparkling joker was the most significant relationship since my husband. I found your advice really helpful and thank you for sharing your experience.

DammitDog

Here's my two cents.....I've had prophetic dreams that have come true and they weren't good. They were so scary to me at the time that they stayed with me for days and I'd told others about them. There was no indication at the time that they were prophetic, but they were very unsettling. The first instance I recall was my grandmother being diagnosed with cancer about six months after I dreamed it happened. It was another several months after the diagnosis that I ran across an email where I'd told a sibling about the dream and how badly it shook me. I'd totally forgotten it in the meantime. The second one was a similar time between the dream and the reality. I don't really no how to explain it but it was a blatant other-worldly threat that something bad would happen. Long story short, within 6 months or so I had major health problems and briefly checked out during an almost 4 week hospital stay. The realization these were in someway prophetic was only after the events happened. I think maybe the dream versions were to prepare my mind to face these things.
More often, I'll find myself in a place I realize I've seen in a dream or having a conversation I've had in a dream. I seldom recall anything other than "I've been here/done this before". It's unnerving in a way b/c I want to know it all. I've learned to take it as a sign that things are unfolding as they're meant to and I'm still on the path I'm meant to be on. I think maybe that's what you have going on. It may not mean anything big, just a confirmation that you are on track.