Recurring dream that I'm back in college

Tuan kiet

Until recently, I had a recurring dream that I had returned to college after graduating in 1983. It was almost a lucid dream because I was aware of my current age and life responsibilities (parent, career etc.) and felt that I did not belong back in college. Has anyone else experienced this recurring dream?

Vallarine

I too have recurring dream where I find myself back in my school even though it's been four years since I passed out from there. But for me it's because the school represents a past I don't want to go back to so mostly whenever I dream of being a school it's a nightmare.

Tuan kiet

I too have recurring dream where I find myself back in my school even though it's been four years since I passed out from there. But for me it's because the school represents a past I don't want to go back to so mostly whenever I dream of being a school it's a nightmare.
I can relate. College was a very anxious time for me as I was constantly under pressure to perform. After college, my career in financial services coupled with family responsibilities and a mortgage offered no relief. Eventually, I was given a formal diagnosis of Anxiety, a condition I continued to sufferer with most of my adult life. Then, I left the country 4 years ago and started a new life in a new country; and my anxiety began to wane but my college dreams continued. Then, about 2 years ago I had a dream that I was at the college administration office officially withdrawing from college and ending my college career which had lasted in my dreams for nearly 40 years. I have not had another college dream since. The last 4 years have, without a doubt, been the happiest, most fulfilling years of my life. I have been able to let go of so many burdens of my former life in America. Constanly reliving the anxiety I experienced in college is one such burden from which I am free. I hope you find relief from your burdens as well, and I really hope it doesn't take as long as it took me.

Vallarine

I can relate. College was a very anxious time for me as I was constantly under pressure to perform. After college, my career in financial services coupled with family responsibilities and a mortgage offered no relief. Eventually, I was given a formal diagnosis of Anxiety, a condition I continued to sufferer with most of my adult life. Then, I left the country 4 years ago and started a new life in a new country; and my anxiety began to wane but my college dreams continued. Then, about 2 years ago I had a dream that I was at the college administration office officially withdrawing from college and ending my college career which had lasted in my dreams for nearly 40 years. I have not had another college dream since. The last 4 years have, without a doubt, been the happiest, most fulfilling years of my life. I have been able to let go of so many burdens of my former life in America. Constanly reliving the anxiety I experienced in college is one such burden from which I am free. I hope you find relief from your burdens as well, and I really hope it doesn't take as long as it took me.
Really happy for you to break out of that recurring dream cycle.