Saw my mom from both the future and past at the same time???

Shantai

So I had this bizarre dream.. I was like leaving for somewhere and all my family and family friends were there to send me off and I was going around saying goodbye to everyone and I saved my mom for last. It was weird because there was 2 of my mom there.. one from the past and one from the future. I went to mom from the future first and was saying goodbye and she was wearing a shirt that showed her collar and upper chest and she had a bunch of tattoos that weren't there before. I kept looking at her face then at her chest and each time I looked at her chest the tattoos changed and at one point they were just a bunch of horizontal scars and I was like ?????? Then it changed to this really pretty tattoo that was like blue and purple and cloudy and it was so pretty I couldn't look away. The whole time I was with her and doing this she was talking to me about how proud she was of me and all that before leaving and she said "I wish your father could be here but he passed away" and I immediately started to cry. Like HARD. like really really really really hard. The ugliest I've ever cried in my life. The thing is my dad is alive and well in real life. I don’t see him much or live with him but he’s completely fine. It was really troubling. I woke up really sad. But not like a normal sad. It was this feeling I’ve never felt before.

Does anyone know what this could mean?? I’m so confused.

well what your past/present mum doing ?

Tattoo
To dream that you have tattoos represent your sense of individuality and the desire to stand out in a crowd.
You want to be unique and different from everybody else, particularly if you do not have any tattoos in real life.
Consider also what the tattoo is and what significance it has in your life.
It may represent something that has left a lasting impression on you.
Alternatively, to dream that you have a tattoo suggests that a waking situation or decision is having a much longer lasting effect that you had expected.
To dream that your significant other has a tattoo that they don't have in real life suggests that he or she is trying to express himself or herself in the relationship.
He or she wants to get your attention and communicate some important message.
Perhaps you have been overlooking or ignoring something in the relationship.
To dream that you are a tattoo artist suggests that your exotic tastes and strange experiences may turn off those around you.
If you are a tattooist in real life, then the dream is just a reflection of who you are.
To dream that you are getting a dragon tattoo on your wrist implies that you are looking for attention.
You want to be acknowledged and awarded for your efforts and positive actions.
Dreaming of getting a tattoo of the ace of diamonds means that you are proud of your past accomplishments and want to share it with those around you.

Rhapzsody

I interpret your grief in your dream, like a message from your subconscious. The message, to me, sounds like it wants you to learn how to deal with losing someone, and the emotions that come up related to this. It doesn't sound to me like you should be worried that it will happen IRL, I think it was only a tool to push your grief. And to use someone's parents will absolutely trigger those fears and the grief. Have you been uncomfortable to explore feelings around death, and letting go of someone? This could be empowering for you if you explore it and maybe lead you to something incredible in the future. I would read some books on spiritual traditions around death and what could be beyond death. Not the Bible, or any mayor religion, but simply ancient traditions. Good luck, and don't worry, just just explore your feelings and write a journal.

ElizVanZee

Your family and family friends represent a core aspect of your own psychological makeup. The scene suggests a situation in which you appear to be taking leave of your senses (saying goodbye) as these people represent thoughts and feelings which work in your favour. Your mother represents an emotional aspect of yourself, one reflecting the beliefs you inherited from her. Saving mom for the last to say goodbye to implies this belief system may be last but not the least in importance to you. As seen now, these beliefs may appear as negative or wrong. (2 versions of mom)

What has priority is to see your mom and your inherited beliefs from a future perspective. (went to mom from future first) The shirt and collar noted represent a function or role in which she and you emotionally may feel "collared" or trapped. The tattoos reflect the idea of having been "marked", labeled or identified by your beliefs in a way that you might need to "get it off your chest" - express some grievance or anger - but perhaps also keep close to your heart. Your perception of this marking seems changeable. (tattoos changed) The scars would indicate past emotional wounds. Here this perception does not work for God (scars horizontal) and is also one you could seriously question (like ????) In time this impression of having been "marked" and scared emotionally by your inherited beliefs can come to seem more pleasing (really pretty tattoo) and indicate having spiritual approval (blue) and class and quality (purple) while still not being seen clearly (cloudy) You may need to keep your eyes on this aspect of being "marked". (could't look away)

Your dad represents the logic and reasoning that your beliefs were based upon, something that you have lost sight of over the years.(dad passed away) As your dad is still alive it indicates that you are not thinking realistically about the logic in the beliefs you inherited. That logic is still valid today. You could cry and feel very sad about seeing this logic terminated. (dad dead)

LicoriceCat

Do you long to have a relationship with your father, there is a bit of mourning in this dream over this. Ask yourself what is the current status of your relationship with mom and dad. I do not know how old you are, but it also appears that you are individuating away from your parents, but especially mom. She is the one you have the strongest bond with. Research what individuation means in psychoanalysis.

Shantai

This makes a lot of sense.. I’m 23 and I do have a better relationship with my mom whereas with my dad I barely ever talk to him. Him and my mom split when I was very young and he’s been with various other women since. He currently has a new family so I barely hear from him. He was gone for a large portion of my life and only recently tried being a bigger part of my life over the last few years but to me, he hasn’t been trying hard enough. I’m the oldest of all of his kids so I feel in a way abandoned by him. I would like a better relationship with him but I can’t be the only one doing all the work so it’s been hard to make it happen.