What's new

Stardust

Zenith

New member
It begins with friends and my daughter. These friends are faces I’ve not seen before nor have I seen these faces in waking life. (Glimpse in my rl, I don’t have friends. My daughter has friends who come over and visit after work. I made friends throughout my life but we’ve grown apart, some passed away, and others never grew up so… no friends.). We are all female comrades hanging out in some sort of dim lit living room. We have make up out and the girls are trying on clothes in a dressing/bathroom and getting ready for something. It’s evening time. We are having a conversation about fashion and my recent break up.

As the girls are in the dressing room going through clothing and accessories, a knock is at the door. I open it and I see a face I recognize from HS. He hasn’t changed or aged at all. Typical since he hasn’t actually been seen in waking life since he graduated HS. I had a massive crush on him during HS. In the dream I realize that he is drunk and stumbling about the room talking about his divorce and how his ex wife was a micro managing witch.
My friends and daughter come out to hear him rant about his demise. His friends (3 of them and I didn’t recognize who they were) try to redirect him out the door but he is far too chatty with apologizing to me for not going to HS dances and dating me instead of the tyrant now ex wife.
I’m feeling rather bad for him. He just lost his home to the ex wife, can’t see his kids, lost his vehicles to this ex wife. He is crying and I’m thinking “my recent break up isn’t as bad as I thought. I just have 3 months back rent to pay, I didn’t lose anything like this man.” I listen and when his friends finally get him to the door to leave, I give him a sincere hug.
He kisses me softly on the lips and says, “I’m grateful you’re still alive. I have always loved you.” He then stumbles out the door and left me in shock. I am what I look like atm. Sweat pants, baggy hoodie, messy hair, sleep deprived, etc…
My friends and daughter are excited and all gooey to get me ready for the evening now. They think this is a good thing so they sit me on the sofa and start fussing with my hair and begin to put make up on my face.
I tell them that I don’t need make up and that my forehead is too large. I glanced at the mirror hanging above the hearth and it was indeed large somehow. My friends and daughter then try to put me into a slinky black slip dress but I refused it and I put on a light blue shimmery maxi dress instead. I sat down next to my daughter feeling doubt about myself. That guy… he would never date someone like me. He was drunk.
My daughter seeing my self doubt grabbed some star glitter and threw it at me with a smile. I took a make brush and glitter bombed her back. Soon the two of us were having a cute moment of star glitter bombing as we were covered from head to toe in tiny silver glitter stars. Laughing and being silly in front of girly friends.
I was abruptly awakened by loud traffic in my waking life. A part of me knows what this means and another part of me doesn’t. I’ve seen silver stars in another dream where I had similar feelings before going to sleep. It would be wonderful to hear responses and maybe a deeper understanding about the dream. Thank you for letting me share.
 

Polyethelene

New member
the trouble with trying to analyze very specific symbols in a dream is that ultimately, the network of associations that imparts them with meaning exists only within the dreamer. So, there is little that we can say about the visual itself. but it is possible to read into the emotions surrounding it and those it seems to invoke.
The dream doesn't really seem to care to argue the point of if the drunk would date you or not, but it gives a positive ending regardless. to me it reads as 'you already have people in your life that care about you, dont tear yourself up emotionally over getting a partner'. Especially with how you have described all of the characters in the dream as 'the girls'/'girly' in opposition to the single male figure who appears only to vanish. all of the characters that were with you at the start are still with you at the end, and are thus framed as reliable presences.

also note- he only shows up after you and these characters had been discussing your own break up, and the guests conversation was very focused around his ex. possibly reads as trying to help you process the break up emotionally, with the guest entering and then leaving the dream symbolizing it?
 

PaulKH

Active member
Great potential insights from Poly that I cannot add much to. :) Just know that dreams not only "speak" in imagery/analogy, but also use hyperbole/exaggeration (for what I often intuit as emphasis), and often they will keenly highlight emotional tangles in your mind, which might be small compared to the way your dream-self acts or feels, but which your life journey is better off without/with resolution. Use these insights wisely as you grow, and you will always become a little more enlightened. You have a good handle on details and on reconstruction (many of your "reads" come through nicely, which is always more productive than being vague), so you are capable of benefiting from dreams like this.

For emphasis of my own, often feelings of fragility/disheartenment need to be reflected back at us for us to gain the motivation to steer away from them (and this can hold true with most negative/counterproductive emotions). Dreams can be staunch allies in helping us doing this.
 

Harvey

Active member
Hello Zenith, your profile picture and your name suggest that you would be in top shape spiritually and maybe you feel much better now after the dream. But analyzing the dream I came to the conclusion that the dream is an answer to the fact that you are, ... no, you were in a completely opposite state whereby a lady with bags under her eyes and hands in her hair, on her wits, would be a accurate depiction. In fact you were in a totally dark blue condition!

I think the dream is the answer of God / Your soul, after a scream (in yourself, internal or perhaps really pronounced):

"Jesus, what shall I do without him (= your ex)"?

The answer is the dream above where your Soul and God, the father play in one leage to make you get a better feeling about yourself in this screenplay they wrote themselves and where they also are the protagonists! (literally and figuratively, anyway you look at it!).

Actually on the one Side "the three friends" represent God, The father (out of Heaven), with "your crush" as the holy spirit (the commuter between God the father and ... the Son, Your Soul, Child of God), who knocks on the door to bring the 'good news' , the good feeling (disguised as needy to leave you with a positive feeling about yourself), and On The Other Side, you, that is your spirit represented by "your daughter" and "your friends" who are the counterparts to "his friends" and in this context represent your Soul, your spiritual partner living in the same body .

Normaly in dreams, your partner represent your Soul in the dream. But because in this case there was a vacuum. Your ex partner was the cause of your condition. He was not the ideal representative of your Soul anymore, that is why your Soul/ God choosed to use "your crush", the ideal partner of the past to deliver you with an event intended to leave you behind with a massive boost! ... and with good results: it is apparently already starting to dawn in your head, because your dark blue tentdress has already been changed for , "a light blue shimmerd dress" in the dream!

How are you now?
 

shqilei

New member
Thank you for sharing this dream in such detail. You already have a good sense of what it means, but let me add a few layers.

1. The setting: dim lit living room, getting ready with friends/daughter
This is a "backstage" space — not the stage where you perform, but where you prepare. The fact that these friends are faces you've never seen in waking life suggests they are aspects of yourself (supportive, feminine, social) that you don't fully recognize yet. Your daughter being there is real — she's part of your actual life, grounding the dream in reality.

2. The HS crush showing up, drunk, ruined by divorce
He hasn't aged. He's frozen in time. That means he's not a real person in this dream — he's a symbol. He represents a fantasy of "what could have been" — a version of your life where you were chosen, where love was easy, where the ending was happy. But in the dream, he's a mess. Divorced, lost everything, crying. That's not a fantasy — that's a reality check. Your unconscious is showing you: even the perfect guy from the past isn't perfect. His life fell apart too.

3. The kiss: "I'm grateful you're still alive. I have always loved you."
This is the emotional core. It's not really about him. It's about you loving yourself — or rather, a part of you reaching out to say: you're still here. You survived everything. That matters. The kiss is soft, tender, not aggressive. It's not about romance. It's about recognition.

4. Your reaction: "He would never date someone like me. He was drunk."
This is your waking mind's doubt creeping into the dream. You immediately dismiss the moment as unreal because you don't feel worthy of being loved like that. The messy hair, the sweatpants, the "too large forehead" — that's your self-criticism talking. But note: your friends and daughter don't see that. They see someone worth glitter-bombing.

5. The dress: refusing black slip, choosing light blue shimmer
Black slip dress = sexy, seductive, maybe performative. Light blue shimmer = soft, dreamy, but still beautiful. You're refusing to perform for anyone. You're choosing a version of yourself that feels more you.

6. The star glitter fight with your daughter
This is the most important part. After all the heavy emotions — the breakup, the comparison, the doubt — you end up laughing, covered in silver stars, silly with your daughter. That's the answer. Not the guy. Not the fantasy. Not the makeover. The joy. The connection. The present moment with someone who loves you.

What the dream means
You're processing a breakup, feeling low about yourself, comparing your situation to worse ones, and revisiting old fantasies of "what if." But the dream isn't telling you to chase the HS crush. It's telling you: you already have what matters — your daughter, your ability to laugh, your willingness to show up messy. The silver stars are you. You sparkle. You just don't see it yet.

If you'd like a full written breakdown — mapping each symbol to your specific life situation — I offer detailed interpretation reports for $10. Feel free to DM me.

Either way, thank you again for sharing. This dream was a gift to read.
 
Top