Terrible nightmare of being held hostage

Dreamer2022

I had a terrible nightmare. Myself and a bunch of other people were being held hostage. The woman next to me said she was going to try to do something to help and managed to slip away. One of the people holding us hostage noticed she was gone, and I remember thinking "Oh no, they're going to think I know something." Sure enough, they started torturing me to try to get me to tell them what she was doing, but I didn't. I was literally screaming in the dream, then I woke up. I have no idea what could have brought that on, but it was disturbing. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Dreamer2022

Right. It was inside, and all I could tell was that it was a large room. I didn't notice any details about it in the dream.

Did you write this dream on paper, or note it, before submitting here?
Do you know the woman next you or did you recognise her?

Last edited:
And you don't recall anything else about the room, such as wall colours or any furniture?
Do you recall anything about the people holding you hostage?
Prior to this dream, was there anything happening in your life, that could have triggered this dream?

Dreamer2022

No, I don't remember anything else about the room. I don't remember even seeing any furniture. The only thing i noticed about the person that came up to me is that it was a male. I tried before to think of anything that could have triggered the dream, but I couldn't think of anything. That's what's so weird.

Could it be that your being held hostage in some manner, perhaps in your mind?
And I'm not referring to mental health, but that of behaviors.