The problem with lucid dreaming

In lucid dreaming, you are aware you are dreaming and may be able to control the dream’s content and what happens to you in the dream. I have a problem with the idea of reshaping your dream.

I believe dreams are messages from the spiritual realm that, through metaphors, instruct you on changes you may need to make in your life. In exceptional cases, the dreams may speak to shamans or prophets about events that are happening or will happen in the physical world.

If you try to reshape the dream to get a better result, you are essentially ignoring the advice from the heavens; you want things to go your way. It would be like an actor telling Shakespeare, “Dude, this Romeo and Juliet is a real downer. Let me rewrite the story so it has a happy ending.”

Ignore the dream message at your peril; lucid dreaming can be Lucifer dreaming.

Hi Robert,
Yes - I agree that dreams are guidance and healing from our higher self and guides to help us on our chosen path here on Earth, and yes, once we become lucid, then we are changing that healing and guidance.

However, I believe there is a place for lucid dreaming to converse directly with our subconscious mind, which so often 'spoils' the healing and guidance that we receive from spirit.

For example, seeing a wall in a dream (often symbolising a wall that we've built around our heart to protect ourselves from feelings) and becoming lucid means that we can bash that wall down - communicating with our subconscious, that it's okay to lower our emotional defences. This can be very powerful, and is of course used in hypnosis to do the same thing.

Lucid dreaming enables us to get a deeper understanding of our shadow parts. But there is also amazing opportunity to converse with spirit too - for example our guides and actually ask them questions.

So a balance is probably the best approach in my opinion!

Great topic - thanks for raising it!

Hi Robert,
Yes - I agree that dreams are guidance and healing from our higher self and guides to help us on our chosen path here on Earth, and yes, once we become lucid, then we are changing that healing and guidance.

However, I believe there is a place for lucid dreaming to converse directly with our subconscious mind, which so often 'spoils' the healing and guidance that we receive from spirit.

For example, seeing a wall in a dream (often symbolising a wall that we've built around our heart to protect ourselves from feelings) and becoming lucid means that we can bash that wall down - communicating with our subconscious, that it's okay to lower our emotional defences. This can be very powerful, and is of course used in hypnosis to do the same thing.

Lucid dreaming enables us to get a deeper understanding of our shadow parts. But there is also amazing opportunity to converse with spirit too - for example our guides and actually ask them questions.

So a balance is probably the best approach in my opinion!

Great topic - thanks for raising it!
Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the site.

I believe dreams are messages from the spiritual realm that, through metaphors, instruct you on changes you may need to make in your life. In exceptional cases, the dreams may speak to shamans or prophets about events that are happening or will happen in the physical world.

I'd a non-lucid dream in which I was at my aunt's countryside holiday home but I re-interpreted it as a space ship. This is similar to how an acting studio with partial rooms can appear like a full house if the camera is never pointed towards the management area. As soon as my relatives entered I locked the door and sensed the room was in lift-off. I looked out at the night sky from the window where the stars were shooting away until everywhere was pitch dark. After a minute I sensed a horizontal impetus and worried that we were going to crash. Soon we crash landed in a jungle and got captured by armed bandits. I thought to myself that we were "off the map" in the jungle as if it were an allusion to outer space also being off the map. This might have been an encrypted message from the spiritual realm that you don't need to be an astronaut to appreciate natural wonders. The crash landing might have been a shamanic instruction to submissively accept your faith when nothing could save the space ship. When it comes to our sense of reality in a house maybe our eyes never look behind us at our brain where we can only ever observe half of a room.

Screenshot_20230327_151049_Chrome.jpg
"Friends was a traditional studio-based sitcom, set in Manhattan but filmed across the country in LA."
https://www.cntraveller.com/gallery/where-is-friends-filmed

The back of our eyelids can resemble a space ship tent during sleep(!):
26B387ED-9BCE-482E-A5F6-384C2FFFD363_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited:

UFOhunter

In lucid dreaming, you are aware you are dreaming and may be able to control the dream’s content and what happens to you in the dream. I have a problem with the idea of reshaping your dream.

If you try to reshape the dream to get a better result, you are essentially ignoring the advice from the heavens; you want things to go your way. It would be like an actor telling Shakespeare, “Dude, this Romeo and Juliet is a real downer. Let me rewrite the story so it has a happy ending.”

Ignore the dream message at your peril; lucid dreaming can be Lucifer dreaming.
Hi Robert! 👋🙂
I just figured it out! I think lucid dreaming is for AWARENESS!! (Using dream material during waking hours, or while fully awake) Awareness in using any dream or dreams to their ultimate usefulness and ability in helping a person with deciding who they are, help shape their reality and their future, and a whole bunch of other things about that person and their lifepath. I think that's what they meant!! Huh..

Awareness in using any dream or dreams to their ultimate usefulness and ability in helping a person with deciding who they are, help shape their reality and their future, and a whole bunch of other things about that person and their lifepath.

Every form of ethics is rooted in some form of self-control even if it doesn’t have to be ascetic. In other words unrestrained hedonism can lead to evil. As such any emotion can lead to evil even if the evil isn’t immediately realisable. For example feeling bored isn’t too bad but in excess it’s an emotion that can lead to the abandonment of others. So maybe the unconscious mind is inherently evil but the way it’s evil isn’t physical. So any evil dream will be contradicted by another evil dream much like how evil people attack each other in real life. Solipsism during sleep can lead to an absolute trust that makes us vulnerable to the deception of dreams. An evasive answer can be a clue to the truth only if we trust the person. For example if someone asks another person where they’re from and they respond by asking where’s America, then this rhetorical questioning can lead to an indirect answer. So in this case we can infer the person is from America if we ignored the sarcastic question mark in the response. Dreams can be an indulgence in spirituality much like music where each song violates the unique vibe of any other song. Every single form of evil can be a lesser evil only in exceptional circumstances meaning that any time an act of evil is interpreted as ethical it can look mystical.

The Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode

Seal - Kiss From A Rose

Zone47

This is sort of strange, but my Dad was sick in the hospital, he was 80 and knew his chances weren't good. I was joking with him saying if he didn't make it, maybe visit me in a dream... ride up on your motorcycle and say hi (since he rode most of his life). He has a good sense of humor and we both laughed a bit. He was comfortable with where he was headed.

So 2 weeks after he passed away I had this lucid dream:
I came out of the back door of my house and saw Dad walking across the back yard towards me. I was aware in the dream that he died but somehow tried to be observant to see where this was going. We hugged and I told him I loved him. We walked past the house I asked what he drove? (as the driveway was on the other side of the house). I expected he would have rode a motorcycle but he said "oh, I drove the car" well, ok. As we walked out towards the mail box I asked how he was doing and he said; "I'm doing well, everything is fine" and then the dream faded.

I believe we are spiritual beings but figure this was just a dream. It gave me comfort again to see him, if only in a dream. I had to write this one down.

I don't have lucid dreams very often but when I tried to control them, they fade and I awake. I wish I could control them and keep dreaming, it might be interesting.
One that I hung onto for a while is where I was flying and had the feeling of extreme motion as if I was on a rollercoaster. I hung on to that one for several seconds, it was a trip! Those rare dreams only happen when I first fall asleep and I have to be sleeping on my back.

Last edited:
I believe we are spiritual beings but figure this was just a dream. It gave me comfort again to see him, if only in a dream. I had to write this one down.

A collective religious belief is beyond the capacity of any individual lucid dreaming. As such no matter how psychotic a lucid dreamer might become they cannot outclass a religion for mystical perception. My time travelling theories of sleep only sounds extreme because people don’t realise how extreme a religion is compared to atheism. Had the world started off as atheistic where religious people became the minority then religious people would all look shamanic to others. It’s simply because ancient history started out with a religious majority that we no longer question how bizarre a God belief could be to materialists. Hence we need to be tolerant of unusual beliefs held by lucid dreamers so long as they don’t become mentally disabling or criminal! Feeling fear in a lucid dream is a disproof that you are God if God is defined as omnipotent! Lucid dreaming might occur naturally in agnostics if they try to recreate a belief in God without being part of a religion or standard form of deism.

Coldplay - Clocks

If every religious person was viewed as having uniquely discovered the religion ex nihilo then they’d resemble hysterical lucid dreamers! Yet lucid dreamers in having slightly different religious beliefs will appear extreme to an organised religion when religions are competitive with one another.