This makes me question the dream’s meaning

Lst3002

Real life:
Basically I’ve been dating for 3 years with my boyfriend in real life, we had a lot of arguments, one of them included feeling we grew distant and not getting to know his friends more, including his ex-crush.

I was jealous of his ex-crush for a year, until slowly I find her very friendly, kind, and would like to know her more as a close friend.

Dream:
I see a girl similar to the ex-crush but with a different name (Vickie) and more quiet personality, and we both are attracted to each other; the dream jumped to us actually dating for a few months and being happy.

It did not make sense in reality, not because of my sexuality (I knew I was attracted to both genders), but out of all girls I could date in my dreams - why my bf’s ex crush (or anyone similar to her)?

I think this dream answers your "question" about you wanting to know your boyfriend's "ex", as a close friend.
The "dating" would be that "intimacy" you share with her, albeit, not necessarily as a sexual relationship.

Real life:
Basically I’ve been dating for 3 years with my boyfriend in real life, we had a lot of arguments, one of them included feeling we grew distant and not getting to know his friends more, including his ex-crush.

I was jealous of his ex-crush for a year, until slowly I find her very friendly, kind, and would like to know her more as a close friend.

Dream:
I see a girl similar to the ex-crush but with a different name (Vickie) and more quiet personality, and we both are attracted to each other; the dream jumped to us actually dating for a few months and being happy.

It did not make sense in reality, not because of my sexuality (I knew I was attracted to both genders), but out of all girls I could date in my dreams - why my bf’s ex crush (or anyone similar to her)?
You say you have been jealous regarding her and you are distancing with your boyfriend. You have a drive to integrate some of her in you nuanced in your dream, to get closer again to your boyfriend. So you are in reality working on your relation with him. But since we ar all so interconnected it includes her in certain degrees cause his previous relation...