Why does only one book reoccur every once in a while in my dreams?

BoredVoid

So I am really into books and I read about 4 a week but there's one book wich I read about 7 year ago wich reoccurs about once a month in my dreams. It always the same place and storyline but the characters seem to change. Does anyone have an idea why my brain seems to be so obsessed whith that book?

Karlla

For my understanding books symbolise a) secrets and b) education.
I don't read nearly as much as you do, but I do like books. I find that, though I don't consciously adopt concepts and ideas from the books, they somehow creep into my mind and modify my understanding and perception of the world and life. It doesn't really matter if it's books or movies or just random stuff I hear or see somewhere. Maybe it's similar for you and there is something in that book that your subconscious wants you to remember. Have you tried picking it up again and reread a few passages?

Your description is very short, so not much to work on. You need to take a closer look at the "place and storyline". What's happening where? Who are "the characters"? And how does all that relate to your waking life?

I'm also not sure if "place", "storyline" and "characters" refer to a) the content of the book itself or b) the situation surrounding the book within your dream. I assumed it's b), but it doesn't really make a difference. The underlying questions remain the same.

BoredVoid

For my understanding books symbolise a) secrets and b) education.
I don't read nearly as much as you do, but I do like books. I find that, though I don't consciously adopt concepts and ideas from the books, they somehow creep into my mind and modify my understanding and perception of the world and life. It doesn't really matter if it's books or movies or just random stuff I hear or see somewhere. Maybe it's similar for you and there is something in that book that your subconscious wants you to remember. Have you tried picking it up again and reread a few passages?

Your description is very short, so not much to work on. You need to take a closer look at the "place and storyline". What's happening where? Who are "the characters"? And how does all that relate to your waking life?

I'm also not sure if "place", "storyline" and "characters" refer to a) the content of the book itself or b) the situation surrounding the book within your dream. I assumed it's b), but it doesn't really make a difference. The underlying questions remain the same.
Thanks for your help
I'll pick up the book as soon as possible and I'll examine it more closely.

dreammastertom

What may not be important what is written in the book, but what is the title. The book does not change. So this also may mean that you are the book and your story changes every day. Probably you are changing and and have fear and your soul is just trying to assure you that all is well .