Why you have nightmares.

Seven41

All dreams come from the subconscious. Nightmares are from the subconscious trying to tell you that you need to be aware of something happening in your life right now. If I want to warn you about something, I can yell, touch you, shake you, or hit you between the eyes with a 2 x 4. The subconscious cannot physically touch you to let you know it wants your attention, so it uses nightmares. It is really quite simple.

At least subconscious to the I. But the term nightmare is how you relate to the dream, in what way we are taken control over, and by that changes our directions away from what we intended to do. So we could say it is about our relation to our fears, and in what degree we can stand in it without running of from ourselves....

Seven41

You should read my book: TRULY YOURS before we have any discussion on this subject. I have worked with dreams for more than 30 years and have learned a lot about myself through them. I had a dream early in those years that said: KNOWLEDGE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE ACQQUIRE IN LIFE AND KNOWLEDGE OF SELF IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS. The subconscious has perfect memory and knows more about me than my conscious mind can comprehend. That is why I always ask it when I need to know something about myself.