Dream interpretation request

Vivid_Drmr_ALM

I had a dream last night that my father was there (he died about 20 years ago). I’ve had dreams about him before but he always looked like himself (the way I remembered him before he died) this time I began noticing things that were off.
There were physical aspects of him that made me realize in my dream that he wasn’t my dad. He had sigils as tattoos, he was athletically built, younger than my dad was, no facial hair, etc. All of this led me to panic and I told him, “you are not my dad” he tried to calm me down and kept asking why I would say that and when I explained people came and I swear they intended to hurt me. The man told me to run and was forced to the ground. I ran. A woman grabbed me by the back of the hair and I got free and ran again. Everything around me went from being solid to almost smoke, blurry and I just kept running. All of a sudden I was looking down at myself and saw my husband come into the room and climb back into bed. When I woke I could not move but I was in the same position I saw myself in and my husband was laying the same way I saw him get into bed and lay down. I couldn’t move. I don’t know how long exactly I laid there just waiting for my body to be able to move but it was scary. I just blinked and waited for my heart to stop racing but it was the craziest dream I’ve ever had (if I can even call it that). I’ve done research and I can’t seem to find meaning behind the events. To be honest I’m not even sure what I’m looking for but I can’t shake the dream or the feelings I have/had. Has anyone else had something like this happen.

JungianDreamer

The presence of your father, who passed away 20 years ago, is significant. Dreams about deceased loved ones can carry deep emotional connections and may represent unresolved emotions or a desire for connection. In this dream, however, you noticed physical aspects that made you realize he wasn't your dad. These differences could symbolize a sense of unfamiliarity or a disconnection from your memories of him. It's possible that your dream is exploring your evolving relationship with the memory of your father and the emotions associated with it.

The panic and the feeling of being threatened when the people came could represent underlying fears or anxieties in your waking life. These fears may be triggered by situations or individuals that seem unfamiliar or untrustworthy. The person resembling your father trying to calm you down suggests that there may be a part of you seeking comfort and reassurance during uncertain or challenging times.

Running away from the threatening individuals and the transformation of your surroundings into smoke and blur may signify a desire to escape from a perceived danger or stressful situation in your life. It could represent your instinct to protect yourself and find safety in times of distress.

The shift to observing your husband coming into the room and climbing back into bed while you were unable to move can be interpreted in a couple of ways. It might reflect a sense of vulnerability or powerlessness, possibly related to your relationship with your husband or your own personal circumstances. It could also symbolize a detachment from your own body and the desire to detach from certain responsibilities or expectations.

The experience of waking up and being unable to move, known as sleep paralysis, can be a frightening phenomenon that occurs during the transition between sleep and wakefulness. It is often accompanied by a feeling of pressure or a sense of being watched. While sleep paralysis is a common occurrence, it can be unsettling. However, it's important to note that it is a separate phenomenon from the content of the dream itself.

Dreams are highly personal, and their meanings can vary depending on individual experiences and emotions. It can be helpful to reflect on any significant events or emotions you've been experiencing lately that could be related to the themes and symbols in your dream. Exploring these connections and seeking patterns may provide you with a deeper understanding of your subconscious mind and your own emotional state.

I hope this analysis offers some insights to help you in your own exploration. If you have any further thoughts or associations related to the dream, please feel free to share them.

DreamDancer

Hey Vivid!
Your father's changed physical apearance in the dream may symbolize the passage of time and the transformation of memories over the years. It could also represent your subconscious acknowledgment of the differences between the present and past, and how the memory of your father may, have evolved since his passing.
The panic and fear you experience when realizing the person is not your father could reflect unresolved emotions or grief related to your father's death. It might also signify a fear of losing a connection to his memory or not being able to hold onto the past.

The act of running and the disorientation of the environment might represent a desire to escape or avoid confronting certain aspects of your emotions or the past.
The transition to observing yourself and your husband from an outsider's perspective could suggest a sense of detachment or disconnection from your current reality, possibly related to the emotions stirred by the dream.

I hope this helps.

The presence of your father, who passed away 20 years ago, is significant. Dreams about deceased loved ones can carry deep emotional connections and may represent unresolved emotions or a desire for connection. In this dream, however, you noticed physical aspects that made you realize he wasn't your dad. These differences could symbolize a sense of unfamiliarity or a disconnection from your memories of him. It's possible that your dream is exploring your evolving relationship with the memory of your father and the emotions associated with it.

It’s possible that dreams are not only a receiving of genetic memories from your ancestors to yourself but also an endowment of your own life stories being transcribed as genetic memories to your future children. If children share the unconscious dreams of their parents then they could adapt faster to their social environment. A prediction of this theory is that your children would have the same romantic temptations that you had!

View attachment 881
Cherrie Lorraine ASMR