Dream Moods forum is down...

webmaster

Administrator
Dream Moods has one of the busiest and biggest dream discussion forums online but unfortunately it appears to have a problem at the moment.

Whilst the Dream Moods forum is down everyone can continue the discussion here on the Head for Dreams forum. The Head for Dreams forum is new, secure, and the latest available version of phpBB, so get posting!

https://headfordreams.com

mr1992

Seems to be a great alternative, however, sadly, nothing seems to be going on here. There's quite a visibility problem imho; I myself only got to know through intensive research that this place even exists. And I've been searching ever since it went down. Is there any news regarding the old forum/any way to get people from there to join here? It's a real pity it's gone, it was a great resource and I had quite a few of my dreams posted there, which I fear will be for ever lost. Contacting dreammoods.com website admins through the e-mail addresses they've provided didn't work either, they don't reply.

webmaster

Administrator
mr1992 said:
Seems to be a great alternative, however, sadly, nothing seems to be going on here. There's quite a visibility problem imho; I myself only got to know through intensive research that this place even exists. And I've been searching ever since it went down. Is there any news regarding the old forum/any way to get people from there to join here? It's a real pity it's gone, it was a great resource and I had quite a few of my dreams posted there, which I fear will be for ever lost. Contacting dreammoods.com website admins through the e-mail addresses they've provided didn't work either, they don't reply.

Apologies, the post-approval was enabled for new users which is now being removed. As you've noticed, this is a brand new and empty forum! We're going to work on promoting this for the people originally registered over at dreammoods.com and aim to generate another busy place to be.

We've also tried contacting the owners of the Dream Moods website as we'd love to take over the original forum, but had no response either.

well, according to the old forum, people have to download the phpbb platform, to install that, to gain access ..

that really sucks, because I want to contact some members .. who I lost contact with, when previous site went down ..

and now there is this forum ..

webmaster

Administrator
aussie_musician said:
well, according to the old forum, people have to download the phpbb platform, to install that, to gain access ..

that really sucks, because I want to contact some members .. who I lost contact with, when previous site went down ..

Yes, the forum at Dream Moods requires some major maintenance by the owners to get it up and running again. We would happily migrate the forum over here if someone could get in touch with them!

webmaster

Administrator
aussie_musician said:
are the owners not interested in maintaining it ?

It doesn't appear so and I don't know why. I've been trying for months to get in contact, with no response. If anyone has any other ideas I'll gladly give it a go!

mr1992

aussie_musician said:

Came across this, too - any idea what this means? Do you set up your own forum? I'm not very knowledgeable in this area so I didn't do anything. As to the website's owners, I feel like they've abandoned dreammoods.com for whatever reason. If only I could get my dreams off there...

webmaster

Administrator
mr1992 said:
aussie_musician said:

Came across this, too - any idea what this means? Do you set up your own forum? I'm not very knowledgeable in this area so I didn't do anything. As to the website's owners, I feel like they've abandoned dreammoods.com for whatever reason. If only I could get my dreams off there...

What you're seeing at Dream Moods is the initial installation of the forum software. As a website owner, this is what you install and configure to end up with a forum such as this. It appears they've had a problem and tried to fix it or upgrade it, but now have bigger problems.

Only the website owner is able to fix it, or we could for them!

and I have seen on the homepage of the old forum, that there are people still using it.
so something must be happening on there.
maybe they have installed the php programming.
that software seems to mean, what I have read of the installation, is that the member becomes an administrator.
unfortunately, I don't have my own computer, otherwise I would consider downloading it and installing the software/program.

mr1992

Aah, gotcha. I guess that'll never happen, then, which is a pity because of all the stuff that was on there (including my dreams, urgh). Oh well, glad we've got this forum, and it seems like there's more activity here now :)

webmaster

Administrator
mr1992 said:
Aah, gotcha. I guess that'll never happen, then, which is a pity because of all the stuff that was on there (including my dreams, urgh). Oh well, glad we've got this forum, and it seems like there's more activity here now :)

We'll keep trying to get hold of DM too! :D

mr1992

Something seems to be going on there - it's not asking you to install but returns a 403 error instead. Wonder whether that means it's down for good or whether they're working on it. It still shows an active number of "dreamers" online (13 when I checked), so I dunno. Guess we can all hope :), not that this forum here is bad or anything, just wished more people were here - and I had access to my dreams I'd shared.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that something or other seems to be going on at dreammoods.com :p

webmaster

Administrator
mr1992 said:
Something seems to be going on there - it's not asking you to install but returns a 403 error instead. Wonder whether that means it's down for good or whether they're working on it. It still shows an active number of "dreamers" online (13 when I checked), so I dunno. Guess we can all hope :), not that this forum here is bad or anything, just wished more people were here - and I had access to my dreams I'd shared.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that something or other seems to be going on at dreammoods.com :p

Yes, it still appears to be down, and even more so now! They're not responding to our contact attempts but we'd love to revive it either here or there. We'll keep trying.