Dreams where I am riding between a woman and a girl in a regular cab truck

I have started having these dreams where I am riding in the middle seat of a regular cab/single cab pick-up truck. In all of the dreams, I am sitting between a woman who looks to be in her mid forties to late fifties and is driving the truck and a girl who looks to be in her early teens and is in the passenger seat by the window.

The dreams normally start with me learning I will be riding in the middle seat of the truck and then I get in the truck cab and me and the girl and spend some time waiting in the truck for the driver to get in. When the woman gets in, she starts-up the truck and then drives us somewhere. However, there have been some dreams where the driver never gets into the truck or cannot get the truck started once she gets in. There have also been dreams where the driver is already in the truck and is picking me and the girl up. The woman, girl, and truck are different in different dreams but in all of these dreams we are in a regular cab truck with me sitting in the middle seat, the girl by the window, and the woman driving. In my real life, I am a male in my mid 40's, but I think I am probably in my late teens or early 20's in these dream because if how the woman and girl act.

I am wondering what is the meaning of these dreams and hoping others can let me know their thoughts.

Last edited:
It seems that you may be between feminine powers, that holds you in a situation were you are hold stuck in your development, the difference of your age, and can't take steering of your moves in life.
The elder woman takes control, but sometimes she fails. Would you say she is listening to you ,and takes the interest of you all in her considerings, when she takes her choises.
What feelings do you have towards the women and the situation ?
If you look at the both women as parts of your nature, what qualities would you say each of them express ?
It seems as what would bring you more whole and integrated in your life is to be able to see and master these opposite feminine forces, feelings etc, influencing from each side of you. Astrological it would be reflected in a moon opposed by Venus, were the moon is dominant.
Arnfinnius

The woman/driver is definitely the one in control in these dreams. She exerts her control in may ways including:
- telling me to sit in the middle seat
- telling me and the girl when to get in the truck cab
- deciding when she will get in the truck cab and making me and the girl wait for her until she is ready
- driving the truck
-deciding where we are going

In most dreams, I do not feel that she is listening to me or taking my interests into consideration. In all of the dreams, she is choosing to give the girl the more desirable window seat and make me sit in the less desirable window seat. In many dreams me and the girl have to spend a while waiting in the truck for her before she gets in to drive us. There have also been some dreams where the woman stops to run errands on our way to our destination and me and the girl have to wait in the truck. I feel like the woman is always taking the girls interests into consideration more than mine, but is most concerned with her own interests.

The girl has control over the passenger side window and door in all of the dreams. In some of the dreams, she comes into my space and there is nothing I can do to get away from her since she is between me and the door. She usually immature and can be annoying while we are waiting for the driver to get in.

I definitely feel trapped between then when I have this dream. I do not want to be riding between then in the truck and do not like the woman being in control and the girl being by the window keeping me from being able to open the door or roll down the window. I do not feel any romantic attachment to either of them and and riding in the truck with then because I have to do it to get to my destination.

Last edited:
You have the central position, even if it do not look like it.
If you visualise and feel into what is happening in you if you overtake control over the truck , over the situation ?
absorb these feelings , without letting them control you, and keep up your direction, but keep gentle.
You will not trow away the girls, cause you will not trow away your emotional force, just start addressing them and learn bout the dynamics of the situation.

What do I need to be doing in the dreams to overtake control??? Are you talking about challenging the woman such as refusing to sit in the middle seat or refusing to get in the truck until she is in; and the girl such as being assertive if she invades my space or is annoying me??? Or are you suggesting I do other things to take control?? I would welcome any suggestions for things I should be doing to overtake control.

Last edited:
The dream is only making a symbolic drama over some of your energetical dramas in life.
you only watch the dream situation as a means of understanding your situations in everyday life.
If you study your feelings and your relation to them, and how you are reacting to them, where you are under an unwanted control, inbbetween differences as makes it difficult for you to do what you want etc..
What feelings are demanding you to accept certain situations, and what happens if you do not accept them..

There are some situations at work where I am having to play the role of referee with some people who report to me and this has been causing me lots of stress. I expect this is what is creating the dreams where I am in the middle as I feel like I am having to get in the middle of their conflicts and find solutions for them. While these co-workers are males, I remember when I was a child I used to hate it when I had to ride in the middle of the front seat between my mother and younger sister when she had her old station wagon and later on as a teen I used to really hate it when my mother would borrow our grandfathers old truck and I would have to ride in the middle between she and my sister. That is probably the reason I am having these dreams now because I feel the same type of discomfort dealing with the situations at work that I used to feel when I had to ride between my mother and younger sister.

What you tell from your childhood indicates this is a large theme in your life and the situation in question, prison you in a way
If we look at you inbetween your mother and little sister , when you were a child , it is nothing in the situation objectively to raise such feelings, but if the situation is giving language to a place were you are hindered unfolding your nature and needs, it gives meaning.
Now you experience similar situations at work which arise the same in you, this shows up that it is a large theme in your life , and you have to solve it to be happy.
What if you , in these sitations at work , detach so much that you can , in your mind, study the stress etc arising in you , as the central point of the situation for you. that would make these events much more interressting for you, and a side effect is that this increased awareness would likely do something with the development of things..

When I used to have to ride between my mother and sister first in my mothers station wagon and later on in my grandfathers old pickup truck I remember I always felt it was unfair when my sister got to sit by the window because she was younger and smaller than me. I also remember it used to make me uncomfortable when my sister and I had to wait for my mother to get in or when my mother was having a hard time getting the station wagon or truck started and I was having to sit between them. I think it had to do with me feeling like I had no control in the situations. I remember especially when I was a teen and my mother was using the truck that it always felt disgusting being a male riding between two females. I guess all of this plays into the dreams being about me riding in the middle seat of a truck between a woman and a girl.

As for the work situation causing me stress, I feel kind of trapped dealing with it because I have not been able to persuade the person I report to that I need to be able to lay down some grounds rules with these employees to put an end to the drama because he is afraid someone may quit. As a result, I just have to keep dealing with it and it keeps wearing me down. I think I am feeling trapped the same way I used to feel when I had to ride between my mother and sister especially as a teen in the old truck.

Just study it patiently, You know the soul your connected with has many days and so have you. So why not look at it as something very important just as it is. Surely it makes things to live with. Anyway your grandfathers truck in this indicates old familial patterns here.

In regards to your comment about my grandfathers truck... I hadn't really thought about it before now, but I think the truck in the dreams is based on my memories of that truck. His truck was an old Dodge Ram from the early 1980's which was tan on the outside and had a tan interior with a tan vinyl bench seat.

Most of the trucks I am riding in during these dreams are older trucks from the 1980's or 1990's with a tan or brown exterior and have a tan exterior with a tan vinyl bench seat. I am not sure of the make of the truck in all of the dreams but it is normally an older large truck.

I think these dreams are based on memories I have of riding between my mother and sister in my grandfathers old truck because the woman and girl in the dreams are normally about the same age as my mother and sister were during this time. I know this was the time in my life when it really bothered me when I had to sit in the middle between them when my mother was driving that truck.

I would say that off the fact that you are so strong in your view on this that it is mainly outside of yourself, your mother, sister, work, cars, childhood remembrance etc, you holds the situation locked. If you see it as happening in your mind, in your own nature, in your own psychiee , you would see that it is a opportunity for you to understand what forces that are dominant in you and to work on the interaction of these forces, if example your feminine forces is on the outside and the masculine on the inside, you can not regulate what is received and what is given, it has troubling consequnces . If you do understand that it all is in yourself it opens rooms for refiguration of positions..

If you look at the memory of the situation in the truck, and holds in mind that what is positioned as truck, your mother , your sistr and yourself is all parts of you and how it interacts, the idea will then arise that you had these people as family, because they had needs to see the same drama , as was dramatised , from their position. It seems like your boss have the same psychological position as your mother had, if you use some weeks to just experience the whole situation at work as yourself. and then consider if you should ask your boss to allow you to swap position with the one now reporting to you, and then you study it all from that point of view.
It might reduce your salary ... but it gives a movement in an old locked structure. And it might bring new possibleties to your life.
Hopefully this helped you, if not would you spesify your questions, so I can better understand what I do say that is not understood.

Arnfinnius

Thanks for providing the additional details. Most makes sense, but I do have questions about a few things..

"the idea will then arise that you had these people as family, because they had needs to see the same drama , as was dramatised , from their position"

What do you mean hear? Are you saying I need to think about how my mother and sister would have seen things when I was riding between them in the truck or something else?

"It seems like your boss have the same psychological position as your mother had"

Are you saying that in the situations at work and comparing them to when I was riding between my mother and sister in the truck, that my boss would be in the role of my mother and the coworkers who report to me would be in the role of my sister or are you suggesting something else?

"if you use some weeks to just experience the whole situation at work as yourself"

Are you suggesting I just observe the situations at work for a few weeks rather than trying to actively take steps to change/resolve them whenever they happen or are you suggesting something else? I would be interested in knowing more about this and you suggestions for what I do/don't do during this period.

Also... in regards to my feelings/memories of riding between my mother and sister in the old truck, I remember the following things bothered me back then and made riding in the middle between them unpleasant.

- I thought it was really unfair that my mother was letting my sister sit by the window and making me sit in the middle when I was older and taller than her and needed the extra legroom.
- I thought it was disgusting that I was a teenage boy having to ride between two females
- I hated it when my mother and/or sister would get in my space when I was stuck sitting between them.
- I hated having to wait with my sister for my mother to get in. Especially when the truck had not been cranked in a while and would be hard to start.
- I hated it when the truck was hard to start and I had my mother and sister on either side of me.

When I look back as an adult, I know these were nowhere near as bad as I made them out to be as a teen and were at most minor inconveniences. However, at the time when I was having to deal with them I thought they were horrible and unpleasant. I guess maybe it is the same with these work situations that are currently wearing me down where they probably shouldn't bother me as much as they do.

"the idea will then arise that you had these people as family, because they had needs to see the same drama , as was dramatised , from their position"
What do you mean hear? Are you saying I need to think about how my mother and sister would have seen things when I was riding between them in the truck or something else?

I would say that this situation is both in your personal energy as well as in your family.
I think you already is aware of how it was for your mother and sister, your mother had problems mastering the truck ( problems starting it up)
Your sister would have had better protection in the middle of you two, she was positioned in the more moveable place of you two, and was a subject to your urge for her position as well.

"It seems like your boss have the same psychological position as your mother had"
Are you saying that in the situations at work and comparing them to when I was riding between my mother and sister in the truck, that my boss would be in the role of my mother and the coworkers who report to me would be in the role of my sister or are you suggesting something else?

It has the same structure, they reports to you and you are frustrated about it, so you speaks to your boss about changes and he is unwilling to support you.

"if you use some weeks to just experience the whole situation at work as yourself"
Are you suggesting I just observe the situations at work for a few weeks rather than trying to actively take steps to change/resolve them whenever they happen or are you suggesting something else?
Observe for a few situations just to see it clearly without trying to change it, not physically not psychologycally.
It seems to be a way for you in asking your boss to give you the position of the person that is mostly reminding you of your sister.
That would move you out of this between position, and it seems also in time to bring you in control of "the truck" without repeating ( being like a shadow of your mother) If he obstruct this , you should consider to quit.
I would be interested in knowing more about this and you suggestions for what I do/don't do during this period.

Also... in regards to my feelings/memories of riding between my mother and sister in the old truck, I remember the following things bothered me back then and made riding in the middle between them unpleasant.
- I thought it was really unfair that my mother was letting my sister sit by the window and making me sit in the middle when I was older and taller than her and needed the extra legroom.
- I thought it was disgusting that I was a teenage boy having to ride between two females
- I hated it when my mother and/or sister would get in my space when I was stuck sitting between them.
- I hated having to wait with my sister for my mother to get in. Especially when the truck had not been cranked in a while and would be hard to start.
- I hated it when the truck was hard to start and I had my mother and sister on either side of me.
When I look back as an adult, I know these were nowhere near as bad as I made them out to be as a teen and were at most minor inconveniences. However, at the time when I was having to deal with them I thought they were horrible and unpleasant. I guess maybe it is the same with these work situations that are currently wearing me down where they probably shouldn't bother me as much as they do.

Your feelings given here tells very clearly how important a move of position is for you,

Would your wage be smaller in the position of those who now report to you ?
anyway it would bring freedom to your day, ..
Tell your boss that you will be helpful in training the person taking your position, and that this change would all in all be very good for the business, and your cooperation.

Hopefully it cleared up a bit, I'll be happy to follow how it turns out.
Arnfinnius

I am now sure that the issues at work are the situation in my lift that is causing these dreams. I took the week of Thanksgiving off from work and disconnected from the situation. During this time I felt much more relaxed and did not have any of these dreams. I returned to work on Monday and after 5 days at work dealing with the drama, I am feeling drained and rundown again. I have also started having the dreams again this week where I am riding between a girl and a woman in an old pickup truck like my grandfathers old truck. The situations in these dreams seem more unpleasant that they were in the earlier dreams. In the ones this week I have had to deal with things like me and the girl spending a longer time waiting in the truck for the woman to get in; the girl being more annoying; the girl and the woman having horrible breath; the woman having a harder time getting the truck started; the woman being irritable/snippy; the truck stalling out at stoplights and it taking the woman a while to get it restarted.

As for the situation with my job. Switching positions with one of the people under me would not be an option. We have different education/skill levels/experiences and we are on different pay scales. I think I will have either

1) Convince those above me to let us try implementing the ground rules I think would eliminate the drama
2) Accept that this drama is part of my job and find a way do a better job of dealing with it and not letting it wear me down
3) Look for a new job if this continues to wear me down and I can't get any changes implemented to get it under control

I think options 1 &2 are the ones I need to try first. I would welcome any suggestions that anyone has for Option 2 especially since that is the one I would have the most control over. I expect these dreams will continue until I can find some resolution to the situation at work and may also continue to me more unpleasant. I guess at least with the dreams I can know that once I wake up from them they are over.

1) Convince those above me to let us try implementing the ground rules I think would eliminate the drama

According to your dreams and childhood situation related you will probably not get a change of ground rules, but if you now relate to what takes place with those above you, and look compassionate at their situation too, while you talk with them on your situation. The woman in charge in the truck struggle hard, so contain anger and frustration, but speak softly of the needs.

If you kep up in mind when this is going on that it is only a dream it should release some tensions.

2) Accept that this drama is part of my job and find a way do a better job of dealing with it and not letting it wear me down

It is indeed a part of your life and a part of your job, but keep in mind that it is a dream

and keep memory of the fact you have stated , that once you wake up it will change.

3) Look for a new job if this continues to wear me down and I can't get any changes implemented to get it under control

don’t hurry on this, you can change things where you are.

I think options 1 &2 are the ones I need to try first. I would welcome any suggestions that anyone has for Option 2 especially since that is the one I would have the most control over. I expect these dreams will continue until I can find some resolution to the situation at work and may also continue to me more unpleasant.
might be for awhile but the situation will change.

I guess at least with the dreams I can know that once I wake up from them they are over.

You will gain much from this , so study it closely..

Arnfinnius

Do you have any suggestions on what I should study in the dreams when I have them. Are there any particular parts of the dream I should be paying extra close attention to? Are there any parts of these dreams I should be comparing to the waking life situations at work? Even if the situations in the dreams are not pleasant, once I have waken up from them they are over.

Also... at least for the next several months I am probably going to just have to accept that dealing with all the drama at work is part of my job and something I will have to learn to deal with. Do you have any suggestions for things I can do to try to handle this better and not get so worn down dealing with it? I also think there are big differences between the current situation I am having to deal with at work and the situations when I was a teen. The situations when I was a teen and had to ride between my mother and sister were unpleasant. I would dread having to ride in the truck with then when I found out my mother was driving the truck and I would be riding in the middle and then it would be uncomfortable waiting in the truck with my sister and while my mother was trying to start the truck and then driving us to our destination. However, once my mother was done driving the truck then the discomfort was over until she decided to drive the truck again. The problems at work are different. The frequently keep me at work longer than I should be because I am spending time dealing with them that I should be able to be handling more important responsibilities. I am worn out when I finally get home and have a poor work life balance. I am concerned that this could have a negative impact on my health unlike the memories when I was a teen that were just a discomfort.

I now know that these dreams are tied to the issues I am dealing with at work and that I will probably keep having them frequently as long as the work situation is bothering and impacting me the way it is now.

Last edited:
It seems to me that your situation at work is identical to worksituation described, even if it certainly is superficial differences it is essential the same.
When the difficult situation arise at work similar to the dream, watch them both as dreams, it will help you to see more clearly, gives you some detachment.