Reoccurring dream about a haunted house for 12 years.

MsCharlie1234

Had the same dream about the same haunted house for 12 years , there was a particular room in this house I had always refused to enter. After experiencing my first lucid dream about something else‘ i decided I would try to lucid dream about this house . Told self I’ve had enough of this dream I’m going too face whatever is in that room . It was wild , I stood on the street outside of this house looking in ,fully knowing I was in this dream again but this time I’m going in this room. Whatever was in that room that I was so frightened of / idk.
I stood outside the door an told self ,whatever is in there I am now going to face it, then told self whatever it is I’ve decided that it is not going too be bad. Entered the room…
their was indeed a spirit in there it was a female whom began speaking to me “she said I’ve been waiting for you for quite sometime “ I said I know . i asked why?
she said she’s only ever wanted me too see that there was noting too be scared of, an there wasn’t it was all peaceful. Super weird. Never ever had that dream again.

Kind of I guess. When I was 16 I went into a house with my brother in st Louis Missouri , where the real exorcist happened at a hospital down the st . Was only visiting the state ,am terrified of that movie Btw. My brother went too see this girl an left me in her room in the attic for like 20 mins. It was an A shaped structure . There were all kinds of posters etc. pentagrams etc. pertaining too the band slayer etc, whom in witch i actually like that band , anyways.….
I had gotten the weirdest/ most freaky feeling sitting in that room, there was something very dark I felt it an obviously it wasn’t jus about that band. It was something else , maybe my mind knowing the real exorcist happed near by etc. idk. I jus dashed out of the room told my brother I gotta go. That’s when the dream started happening .
I always felt there was a connection too that . What do you think??

yes
Think you need to close a door, leave it shut, don't ever open it again, and walk as far away from it as you can.
Do you understand?
Perhaps listen to other genres of music.

Lugus

This is a positive dream.
Also, well done – it must have taken a fair amount of courage to enter the haunted house.

A repeated dream is definitely something worthy of a closer look.
From https://academysleepwellness.com/why-you-have-recurring-dreams-and-what-they-mean/
  • These repetitive dreams are called recurring dreams. Believe it or not it is extremely common. Recurrent dreams occur between 60 percent and 75 percent of adults and more often in women than men.
  • To stop these recurring dreams you have to figure out what the nightmare means.
When I interpret a dream, I often utilize the ideas of Carl Jung. General info on the Jungian Approach to dream interpretation:
  • An excellent look at Jung’s ideas is Man and His Symbols https://antilogicalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/man-and-his-symbols.pdf
  • In Jungian (or more properly Analytical) psychology, the psyche (AKA the mind) is composed of the consciousness and the unconscious.
  • The conscious contains everything that we consciously know. For example, I know that I am sitting in front of a computer. The ego is the center of the consciousness.
  • The unconscious consists of the personal unconscious and the collective unconscious.
    • The personal unconscious contains those things that I used to know but have since forgotten. For example, I do not remember the first time that I ate pizza.
    • The collective unconscious contains those things that we do not consciously know. It is the source of archetypes. There are a whole bunch of different archetypes. An archetype can be an object, a plant, an animal, a person or even an event.
    • One of these archetypes is the shadow. When the shadow appears in our dreams, it is always a person who is the same sex as the dreamer. The shadow is often the opposite of the dreamer in some way. “So, whatever form it takes, the function of the shadow is to represent the opposite side of the ego and to embody just those qualities that one dislikes most in other people.” P173
    • Other relatively common human archetypes include the anima or animus.
    • The Self is another archetype – a very special archetype. The Self is the center of the psyche. The Self can appear in many different forms. “… the Self, the innermost nucleus of the psyche. In the dreams of a woman this center is usually personified as a superior female figure — a priestess, sorceress, earth mother, or goddess of nature or love.” P196
And now for a look at the dream:
  • The dreamer in her dream represents her ego.
  • The house represents the dreamer in some way. It might be her physical body or, it may represent her mind (or what Jung called the psyche). However, I suspect that the haunted house symbolizes her unconscious – especially her collective unconscious.
  • Thus, the beings/spirits inside the house come from the dreamer’s collective unconscious. They are archetypes.
  • This exploration of the collective unconscious is very good. As Jung stated, “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/18322-one-does-not-become-enlightened-by-imagining-figures-of-light
  • One of these archetypes is the female in one of the rooms in the house.
  • This female is an archetype from the collective unconscious. But who is she? She might be the dreamer’s shadow, but I suspect that she symbolizes the Self.
Well Done!

Hope that this is not too confusing,
Lugus