Secret room at a church.

Blindmag90

So there is this old Catholic Church that I grew up in. I haven’t been to that church in well over 10 years. I had a dream last night where I had a feeling there was something off about the church. So I sneak off to check out the rest of the church. I see there are some stairs leading down to some basement or some room below. (There is no basement in real life at this church). I go down and I check it out. The light in the room is very dim. There are some words or letters on the stairs that I can’t make out. A large book case on the other side of the room and a cross right in the middle. Something is VERY off about this room. I had this sinking feeling that something was there that I couldn’t see. It really scared me. So I run out and I find my boyfriend standing there. I grab him and bring him to the room to see for himself. But the minute we get there. The room has changed. I spent the rest of the dream trying to find the room but I couldn’t find it at all.

Have you thought about returning to church, be it to a catholic church or another church?
Any idea what the words on the steps could be?
And, have you been able to determine, or figure out what was "off"?

Blindmag90

I haven’t thought about returning to the church. I couldn’t really make out what they said but I had a feeling there were some kind of rules. I felt like there was a presence in the room and the energy was powerful. But I felt like it didn’t want me there

Have you given returning to church, no thought at all, because you don't want to return, or are you not sure about going back?
Have you had such a dream before?
When you went back to the room, for your boyfriend to see it, what was it that changed?

Blindmag90

I just feel like some of the churches that I’ve been too have been very off color so to speak. I’ve had several dreams before but nothing like this. Basically the whole look of the room has changed. It didn’t look or feel the same.

Ok, so, of all the church "denominations" that you could attend, which one would be most appealing to you?
Or, which one do you "relate" to, the best?

So there is this old Catholic Church that I grew up in. I haven’t been to that church in well over 10 years. I had a dream last night where I had a feeling there was something off about the church. So I sneak off to check out the rest of the church. I see there are some stairs leading down to some basement or some room below. (There is no basement in real life at this church). I go down and I check it out. The light in the room is very dim. There are some words or letters on the stairs that I can’t make out. A large book case on the other side of the room and a cross right in the middle. Something is VERY off about this room. I had this sinking feeling that something was there that I couldn’t see. It really scared me. So I run out and I find my boyfriend standing there. I grab him and bring him to the room to see for himself. But the minute we get there. The room has changed. I spent the rest of the dream trying to find the room but I couldn’t find it at all.
It seems to me. that when you with your grown life look into your childly church, you have a feeling and when you follow it you discover the foundation of it. But you do not understand the writings on the wall ( stairs ) , It scares you and you go for help, but you loose access. To keep access you must keep your lone position with it. The question is really what is scaring you, and what is your ability to stay calm in this fear. The dream contains great potential of expanded understanding in your life.

Blindmag90

Ok, so, of all the church "denominations" that you could attend, which one would be most appealing to you?
Or, which one do you "relate" to, the best?
Well that maybe subjective to me. I can’t really say I connect to any religion or Denomination per say. I guess I never got any fulfillment out of anything related to church

I have never thought of it that way
I kept thinking it over, and just wants to point out that the letters on the stairs regards levels of knowledge. The bookcase certainly contains proper knowledge that you could aquiere if you want to investigate. The Cross is the fundamental symbol of the church of the teaching of Christ. The center of the cross is the blending of Gods will with the will of the me, the I, as took seperate ways in garden of Eden. Which blended us with death, before we walked through death without being blended with it. Seems like you are urged to study your old faith again

Seven41

Ok so, have you read the Bible?
You might also try reading THE OTHER BIBLE which contains the ancient texts left out of the Holy Bible. I found it very interesting when I gave up on organized religion. My current religion has only one member who is loved by something greater than the Christian God. I am loved, have always been loved, and will always be loved. I did nothing to earn that love and I cannot say or do anything to lose that love. I do not know what IT is that loves me, but I am completely at peace with IT.

You might also try reading THE OTHER BIBLE which contains the ancient texts left out of the Holy Bible. I found it very interesting when I gave up on organized religion. My current religion has only one member who is loved by something greater than the Christian God. I am loved, have always been loved, and will always be loved. I did nothing to earn that love and I cannot say or do anything to lose that love. I do not know what IT is that loves me, but I am completely at peace with IT.
What "other" Bible?

Seven41

THE OTHER BIBLE can be found at most bookstores. It is a compilation of the texts left out of the Holy Bible when a Roman emperor decided he did not want any "gnostic" texts to be included in the book that he would allow people to read. These texts came from the Dead Sea scrolls and from the Nag Hammadi find in Egypt. They include The Gospel of Thomas, The Gospel of Mary Magdalene, and a description of the beginning that differs a lot from Genesis. It is found in THE APOCHRYPHON OF JOHN which is also known as "The Secret Book of John". If you want a different perspective from the Holy Bible, I suggest reading the tracts that are presented in this book.

THE OTHER BIBLE can be found at most bookstores. It is a compilation of the texts left out of the Holy Bible when a Roman emperor decided he did not want any "gnostic" texts to be included in the book that he would allow people to read. These texts came from the Dead Sea scrolls and from the Nag Hammadi find in Egypt. They include The Gospel of Thomas, The Gospel of Mary Magdalene, and a description of the beginning that differs a lot from Genesis. It is found in THE APOCHRYPHON OF JOHN which is also known as "The Secret Book of John". If you want a different perspective from the Holy Bible, I suggest reading the tracts that are presented in this book.
Being "gnostic" is probably why those books shouldn't be in the Bible.

I am just curious if you can give me an interpretation of the opening in the gospel of Thomas ? I repeat his words repeated This is the secret words, as the living Jesus speaks, and as Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down And He said, " He who has found the meaning of these words, shall not taste the death" and Jesus said " He who search, shall not stop searching until he finds, and when he finds, he shall be troubled, and when he is troubled , he shall wonder, and he shall be lord over all".