Dream Time

Maybe the reason we don’t hallucinate our thoughts is because we don’t verbalise them to ourselves. Speaking to yourself might look schizophrenic unless you were visualising a prayer. So maybe a vivid inner eye isn’t too dangerous if you trust yourself seeing as dreaming is often a harmless form of hallucinating. For example maybe in dreams our brain might occasionally shout our inner thoughts to achieve more realism.

Sleeping once every two nights for 12 hours technically achieves the recommended 6 hour sleep time but if done over the long term might resemble the abnormal, dissociated sleep patterns in lucid dreamers.

If neuron firing rate is directly proportional to the speed of your thoughts then slow wave sleep slows down both your thoughts and chronoception. Likewise if eye saccade rate relates to internal imagery then visual time travels faster during rapid eye movement sleep.

I’d a few dreams about animal consciousness. There were a group or pod of dolphins in a river who’d occasionally get out of the water amphibiously as if they’d each 4 legs. I thought their psyche resembled a tiger where the dream parodied my recent visit to the zoo in real life. Both tigers and dolphins have bodies slightly bigger than a human and yet their brains are somehow less conscious than us. The way a dolphin doesn’t have to balance during a swim as much as a quadruped does on land implies that dolphins aren’t as mentally focused. In another dream I was watching cats in a dance ritual except that they were acted through CGI miniature humans in costumes. It was as if the cats were personified to explore the mind of a cat. Afterwards I was presented with a choice of a protein shake or one with worms for extra protein! The cat’s taste buds in insects are unrecognisable to a human mind!

I once had an idea to have motorway bus stops by the side-ramp roundabouts. Yet in a dream I was instructed by an operator to hitch a bus on the motorway from the bridge above only for the bus driver not to see me on time! So perhaps motorway bus stops might be a more convoluted affair with designated timetables.

An athletic benefit of lucid dreaming might be that an out-of-body experience can be more rejuvenating than sleep during weeks of overtraining. Theoretically there isn’t a physical limit for people to keep exercising but our mental focus is finite where the risk of injury increases with greater levels of exercise. A lucid dream could allow a mind to have a break from the tense muscles of their body.

I’d a dream that a car bridge over a river in a city took the form of a roller coaster where one car the drove too quickly into a sharp bend flew off the bridge to their death. Perhaps this dream illustrated how desensitised a society can be to violence.

Elderly people tend to be more religious than young people. This means that a faith in lucid dreaming could harden over many years. Hence mental illnesses like anxiety could be an attempt to pre-empt certain faith systems.

In a dream I slept overnight at a restaurant where the final bill for the dinners on each day was €60 as if to warn me how tempting it can be to tolerate €30 bills only for them to add up.

Lucid dreaming might relate to a self-interpretation of your behaviour as ethical or evil. For example if you were very ethical to be homeless then it might be self-evident only if the world were full of evil. That is to say that if the world were tolerable then wealth isn’t always completely evil. Hence to lucid dream if you’re out camping might relate to a self-assessment of an accidental false charm in your decision-making.

Before I fell asleep last night I had an exceptionally vivid imagination that alternated between pictures of crabs and spiders before morphing into hybrid creatures of crab bodies with spider legs and so forth. This might have been in response to a thought in my arachnophobia videos about crabs being more deterministic than spiders in having a firmer exoskeleton. I wasn’t too afraid of a photographic imagination of creepy creatures because they weren’t tactile as if I were looking at images on the internet.

Dead crab I inverted with a bottle and found the crab in Lahinch beach Co. Clare Ireland:
98F13A66-1C5F-4AEB-986B-2836E68AE6DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Lucid dreaming might resemble the loyalty of rival criminal gangs where you’re not meant to be selfish about anything other than the importance of your own unconscious. For example those who pursue a lot of money in life have accidentally sided with material highs over spiritual highs. Lucid dreamers almost need to have an oath of allegiance!

The way spiders can move multiple legs simultaneously resembles dissociative time travel. Likewise the multiple bends of a slithering snake might have create a split persona that leads to creepiness.

Trying to understand why you don’t care about a topic is an ironic form of a working backwards mechanism. For example I was contemplating spreading leaflets in a university about gun control but could never find the will to do so. I eventually realised that the way they were already degree students meant that they must not have been interested in gun control when gun rights is so blatant with gun shops in every city in Ireland. As such lucid dreaming can be relevant for conceptualising amorality in collectives and foreign nations when amorality can become highly complicated with more competing interests when the population is larger.

The idea of lucid dreaming as a virtual reality might mimic a European monotheist trying to mimic an Asian panentheist only to find themselves overwhelmed!

What is Lucid Dreaming Like? (Beginner's Guide to Your First Lucid Dream) Lucid Dream Portal

Last edited:
An example of a working backwards mechanism is that if a social problem exceeds your understanding then it might be more complicated than all the problems you’ve already resolved. For example if I can’t figure out how a friendship ended then it might be because I haven’t studied the problem long enough or else that the issue is so holistic that it exceeded my learning at school. Hence an unresolved problem can be a source for growth.

I’d a dream in which I didn’t stop playing tennis in Portugal because the architecture was too magnificent. Perhaps the irony of how I kept playing dozens of top tennis tournaments abroad in real life is that the host countries are themselves fanatical in their general history which serves to aggravate the megalomania of any visiting tourists in their life plans!

During last night's dreams I was at an aquarium only for there to be a big river flood wave that took all of the fishes from the aquarium. I hid up the stairs to escape from the flood where the aquarium appeared to be protected by a hill behind it. I saw a tractor travelling as fast as possible downstream to escape the flood. Then behind the tractor there was a sports car that turned around and tried to take the flood head on. The sports car toppled upside down but appeared to remain afloat. I rang the police only for there to be delays with verbal advertisements. I woke up relaxed where the dream appeared to indicate that natural evil in the physical world is invincible. As such any of my stresses about failed exams or declined job applications paled in comparison.

I think being able to lie in for many mornings gives me more time to reflect on my dreams. Moreover taking many months off from an intense running and weightlifting schedule when I was 18 due to a leg injury which might have given my body more energy for dreaming. For example muscle tone is recovered during sleep such that your unconscious mind might detect the lack of exercise during the day and redirect the spare energy into lucid dreaming. I'd have resembled a farmer avoiding lots of manual labour by sheltering for days during a monsoon where their unconscious mind must prepare them through tense dreams for when they head back to work!

Last edited: